Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

What is the objective for next season?

6 hours ago, trooky said:

Bit of a no brainer, we need to stay in the league and spend what we need to spend to ensure this happens.

We're all assuming that we'll have a PSR points deduction next season, but 24/25 will be the last season with PSR rules.

I'm not sure if the club is skint or if we've just not complied with PSR but the damage has been done already.

I don't see the point of trying to comply with PSR anymore if it's being replaced.

Top should definitely spend what it takes to ensure we have a team capable of 55+ points so any point deductions are irrelevant, because the championship would love to penalize us into oblivion if we're relegated again.

And if you spend the money and get relegated? What’s the grand plan then?

41 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If anyone thinks we’re going to do anything but finish higher than 17th at best, then I need some of what ever they’re smoking!

Home grown Acapulco Gold...    I'm saying 16th  !!!

• Like 1

In addition to my other post 

More fruit of the loom T-shirts with generic slogans on

More fans shouting “fan cam” pre-match

Jon and Sue to launch a business breakfast podcast ONLY available on the app

• Haha 1

My predictions for next season: 

Free WiFi to enhance the use of the App in the stadium

Gigantic arrows hung from the ceilings that swing and point at you for £25, only available on the App.

All Premier League points deductions negated when viewing the App in premium mode.

App turns your phone into a hand warmer.

All free gifts are now exclusively available from lockers on the concourse, opened only with the App.

Terrace song sheets available in the App, premium self singing song sheets also available in Englebert Humperdinck, Rusty Lee, Matt Elliot, Matt Piper, Matty Fryatt, Filbert Fox and Rick Flair

A revolutionary App based GPS Tifo system to cut out supplier issues. Scheduled for the start of the season are Englebert Humperdinck , Rusty Lee, Matt Elliot, Matt Piper, Matty Fryatt, Filbert Fox and Rick Flair

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, the draper said:

Mate they were relegated 

And this squad is worse, if we avoid relegation it will be a miracle, if we play that high line and full press with that defence we will be -100 goals by end of season 

The investment needed to make us a top 10 team again is HUGE, our recruitment has dipped the last few years and our manager isn't totally committed he feels aggrieved about something and I can only guess that its the structure of the footballing upsetting him 

We will start the season -6 and the pressure will be on from the word go, I'm fascinated to see how Top turns this ship around 

Huh? You said about the squad at its best? They finished 5th twice, won the FA Cup, Community shield. Had a crap season and still finished 8th. You said you felt that squad was in for a relegation scrap each year? Probably finished where it should have done based on player quality really. Team that went down wasn't the same in terms of how much some of those players had declined and losing others but if they'd just been a bit crap, we'd have stayed up easily. Unfortunately they were utter dross with a clown in charge.

Squad is way weaker now, of course. And as I said, the feeling of this being simply a blip relied on lots of things coming back together for us and that's obviously not happening, and has gone the other way. As I said, that was a realistic aspiration 6 months ago but now it's absolutely survival and at costs and as you say, so much investment is needed with the changes off the pitch to get us back to feeling like a solid PL team which is so depressing.

Stabilize the club, upstairs and on the pitch.

The shambles that saw us lose so many players on frees and failing with FFP means heads should roll.

Getting rid of the dead wood, bringing more hunger to the squad as older players depart, bringing in more youth players and avoiding relegation would do for me.

23 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Huh? You said about the squad at its best? They finished 5th twice, won the FA Cup, Community shield. Had a crap season and still finished 8th. You said you felt that squad was in for a relegation scrap each year? Probably finished where it should have done based on player quality really. Team that went down wasn't the same in terms of how much some of those players had declined and losing others but if they'd just been a bit crap, we'd have stayed up easily. Unfortunately they were utter dross with a clown in charge.

Squad is way weaker now, of course. And as I said, the feeling of this being simply a blip relied on lots of things coming back together for us and that's obviously not happening, and has gone the other way. As I said, that was a realistic aspiration 6 months ago but now it's absolutely survival and at costs and as you say, so much investment is needed with the changes off the pitch to get us back to feeling like a solid PL team which is so depressing.

The last clown didn't do to bad till the circus indulged him , see above 

This current clown has to prove that the circus can afford him 

We will need a miracle to survive , a flying elephant Dumbo fairytale one 

Welcome to the big top 

Enjoy it till the fat hairy lady sings 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need to land some excellent free transfers and loans. Easier said than done but Fatawu-esque wildcards are out there.

Strategically, we have to build a squad as cheaply as possible to manage to turn a profit without selling our good assets.

- Shift the excess keepers 

- Sell the high earners who won’t be first choice (Soumare, Souttar)

- Sign a LB if we sell Kristiansen 

- Sign a DM if Ndidi doesn’t re-sign 

- Sign an advanced 8/10

- Sign 2 wingers 

- Further integrate Nelson, Alves & Braybrooke 

Lavia, Chukwuemeka, Oscar Bobb, Sergio Gomez, Fabio Vieira types on loan will help no end.

I’d like us to more expensively recruit from the big 6 U21 sides as was seemingly Glover’s MO at Southampton.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

We'll absolutely stay up. I rarely get things wrong as many of you will know. 

I'm feeling more worried about 'second-season syndrome' than staying up next season to be honest.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Not that I think this will happen, but hypothetically, if we ended the season on 8 points, after a 10 point deduction, does this still count as breaking Derby's  lowest points record, as technically we'd have gained 18 points?

Yes of course it does

17 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Don't worry. That record will never be beaten. Even Sheffield united comfortably exceeded it this season.

They wouldn't have done if they hadn't gone on that astonishing run, picking up 7 points in only 6 games.