Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

What is the objective for next season?

Only Brentford and Forest do not have 40 points of the teams likely to stay up. Given that we are likely to be given a deduction, we would need to build a squad that is better than one of those two to have a chance of staying up. Given our financial restrictions that is likely to be very difficult. A respectable relegation may be the best we can hope for.

• Like 1

Amazing what a difference a few months makes. Before the PSR stuff and lack of Jan signings, it seemed entirely feasible that we could aim for the top half and get quite close to being back where we were in the development of the club, purely because the lure of playing for Leicester is actually a thing given the past decade. 

Unfortunately, things have fallen off a cliff since then and it's survival at all costs. So depressing that all that hard work has been undone. Our bad seasons (for the next 10-20 years) could have been mid table finishes in the PL and instead they're now going to be relegation or mid table in the championship.

14 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Amazing what a difference a few months makes. Before the PSR stuff and lack of Jan signings, it seemed entirely feasible that we could aim for the top half and get quite close to being back where we were in the development of the club, purely because the lure of playing for Leicester is actually a thing given the past decade. 

Unfortunately, things have fallen off a cliff since then and it's survival at all costs. So depressing that all that hard work has been undone. Our bad seasons (for the next 10-20 years) could have been mid table finishes in the PL and instead they're now going to be relegation or mid table in the championship.

Genuinely even in our pomp this season I never once looked at that squad and thought we could be a top 10 team in Premier league 

I genuinely thought we would be in a relegation scrap 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

All season i have presumed next year was just about survival. I'm not sure why anyone would think we had the squad to be pushing for top 8.

21 minutes ago, the draper said:

Genuinely even in our pomp this season I never once looked at that squad and thought we could be a top 10 team in Premier league 

And I thought I was pessimistic! At its absolute best the starting XI and some of the bench were quality, just the odd position where it was lacking (wingers aside from Barnes). You only have to look at where some of those players went and the fees to see that

5 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Beat Derby’s low total firstly. 

The only way we dont do that is if we had a 10 point deduction and therefore achieved just 20 regular points in a season.

Context, 20 is just a win and a draw more than the absolutely appalling Sheffield United, surely the second worst team ever in the PL after Derby. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

All season i have presumed next year was just about survival. I'm not sure why anyone would think we had the squad to be pushing for top 8.

It was more than there were still players who'd shown their peak was at that level and the hop that they might rediscover their form. And the fact that Leicester now have a recent history that separates us from other clubs outside the top 6? Not suggesting we'd be straight back in competing for CL places, but it wasn't completely unrealistic to think that if we managed things well (and that's obviously a big if for us!) it might have only set us back a couple of years. Sadly, that's not going to happen now

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

And I thought I was pessimistic! At its absolute best the starting XI and some of the bench were quality, just the odd position where it was lacking (wingers aside from Barnes). You only have to look at where some of those players went and the fees to see that

Mate they were relegated 

And this squad is worse, if we avoid relegation it will be a miracle, if we play that high line and full press with that defence we will be -100 goals by end of season 

The investment needed to make us a top 10 team again is HUGE, our recruitment has dipped the last few years and our manager isn't totally committed he feels aggrieved about something and I can only guess that its the structure of the footballing upsetting him 

We will start the season -6 and the pressure will be on from the word go, I'm fascinated to see how Top turns this ship around 

1 hour ago, the draper said:

I agree.  Simply because the team that has been promoted is weaker than the team that went down on paper and our defence, as it stands is miles off PL quality.

I shall have low expectations and probably end up disappointed.

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

I agree.  Simply because the team that has been promoted is weaker than the team that went down on paper and our defence, as it stands is miles off PL quality.

I shall have low expectations and probably end up disappointed.

Me and you Murph need to have a misery pint of stout around Xmas :D

• Haha 1