Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Michael Baidoo

Premier League returnees Leicester City are interested in signing Ghanaian midfielder Michael Baidoo in the summer transfer window, according to a report by GHANASoccernet.

Baidoo, 24, currently plays for Elfsborg in the Swedish league, where he has been their driving force for the past two seasons, and might switch clubs as Leicester gears up for an official bid.

Considered a potential replacement for Wilfried Ndidi, Baidoo's stellar performances have attracted attention from the Foxes amid interest in Ndidi from other clubs.

Having excelled in Sweden, Baidoo claimed Elfsborg's Player of the Season title last year, contributing to their near-league victory.

Prior to his Swedish stint, Baidoo impressed at Sandnes Ulf in Norway.

Leicester's affinity for African talents plays a significant role in their pursuit of Baidoo, who could fortify the midfield and boost attacking prowess.

The Foxes have already secured Abdul Fatawu Isshaku permanently following his impressive loan spell at the King Power Stadium.

Posted (edited)

I really like these types of signings. It’s the thought of the unknown with them where they could be really good and you’ve got yourself a bargain, or they aren’t the best but cause you haven’t spent that much on them or gave them a massive wage then it’s a very low risk.

Edited by LestaLad
  • Like 1

Seems a bit meh from the highlights I have seen, Averaging around 10 goal contributions per season, which for me at that standard as an attacking midfielder is nothing special and I can't see him offering anything in the premier league. It's a pass from me. 

22 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

I like where the club's head is at with the links we've had so far. Can't comment on him personally, but might be nice for Fatawu to have a countryman in the squad.

Totally agree. These are the sort of (hopefully) realistic links with plenty of potential upside, and fishing in the ready made pool has rarely seen our best outcomes.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seems a bit meh from the highlights I have seen, Averaging around 10 goal contributions per season, which for me at that standard as an attacking midfielder is nothing special and I can't see him offering anything in the premier league. It's a pass from me. 

He is very much a box to box midfielder as much as an archetypal attacking midfielder. He is just as likely to play in a Winks type role as he is then the Ndidi / KDH role. Very versatile.

He's 25 and there's probably not a lot in it between him and O'Hare who out of the two and on a free I'd probably go for.

• Like 1

Bit underwhelming. Need someone who can turn on the ball under pressure and play the ball forward. But then again players who can do that are normally out of our league unless we can find a hidden gem.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is very much a box to box midfielder as much as an archetypal attacking midfielder. He is just as likely to play in a Winks type role as he is then the Ndidi / KDH role. Very versatile.

He's 25 and there's probably not a lot in it between him and O'Hare who out of the two and on a free I'd probably go for.

Completely agree, O’Hare and Barkley are both players I feel we have to target. That position is desperate for depth and creativity, both being on a free seems a no brainier. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

Baidoo I wanna be like you oo.

Going to stick my neck out and say it might not be the smartest idea to use a jungle book song and the line "oo oo" for a Ghanain international....

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

Can't see Barkley coming here. I'd be pretty happy to be wrong though.

That depends of his options, he won't be wanted by elite clubs, he might get a mid table move.