Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, jv1 said:

Unpopular opinion but I’m having it anyway 

 

that fan should be embarrassed- such a poor way to try and have a constructive conversation about the style of play and pros and cons and filming and posting it - oh dear - unfortunately probably represents quite a few 

 

I don’t blame martins response at all - some random bloke being about as articulate as a kitkat moaning about his style of play - I say again - embarrassing 

 

it was basically a full reserve 11 with loads of the kids everyone wants playing and they played pretty well for large parts  - we can debate all day about the quality of final ball and the quality or lack of in the final act of the play at goal but they didn’t play terribly - the reaction is way over the top but I guess expected as it’s just another thing to jump on 

 

I get it - there is no patience for anything apart from wins - I understand it and it’s the biggest catch 22 issue we have - there is no Time for him to get it right - not in many supporters eyes anyway - I feel that to a certain extent but we should all remember that 16 utter scum bags have been removed and 15 new lads in the club in one summer and he is coaching them

a new way to play - It was never going to be linear - he knows there is no Patience and I honestly believe he is trying his best 

 

im still giving him the benefit of the doubt and a Ressies game where we played ok for the most part but didn’t win won’t change that - I’m not defending everything about him and we need to see more positive results than negative over the next few months but the reaction to last night is way over the top

 

the question remains on if that style of football

With the players we have at the level we are at can be successful- can it create more real clear cut opportunities in front of goal or is it just pretty for pretty Sake - the next 2 months up until Xmas will show us one way or the other -but I for one hope he is successful and in turn we are successful - I think the players are having him and I like his interviews in the most part - now it’s all about results - let’s hope for all our sakes we start to get them starting Saturday 

 

Good post, I really hope he gets it right I really do. Like you I think his interviews are honest and he sees the same game I saw. I just want him to mix it up if it’s not working .

And all this from someone who bemoans the demise of 4-4-2, love to watch Athletico who seem to be the only big club still playing it successfully!

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, BrianSwan said:

He's only really had one miss/ disaster in the Rangers season so far.

 

At MK Dons, Swansea and Southampton he performed at or above par every year. Every single team he was able to get to play the football he wanted, his teams topped possession charts above Fulham's Marcos Silva, Burnley's Vincent Kompany and Leicester's Enzo Maresca.. Possession isn't everything but in those teams he didn't have any real killers. Give him better players and I really wonder what he could do... Now i'm not talking a Man City job (like Maresca) or Bayern (Kompany), but I'd like to see if he could ever get to an Everton like team.

I'll save you the wait.

 

He won't.

  • Like 4
Posted
Just now, BrianSwan said:

He's only really had one miss/ disaster in the Rangers season so far.

 

At MK Dons, Swansea and Southampton he performed at or above par every year. Every single team he was able to get to play the football he wanted, his teams topped possession charts above Fulham's Marcos Silva, Burnley's Vincent Kompany and Leicester's Enzo Maresca.. Possession isn't everything but in those teams he didn't have any real killers. Give him better players and I really wonder what he could do... Now i'm not talking a Man City job (like Maresca) or Bayern (Kompany), but I'd like to see if he could ever get to an Everton like team.

tenor.gif

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, adejo92 said:

I'll save you the wait.

 

He won't.

He's still young. He could fail another two times and still end up at a Premier League team.

 

I rate him. I've seen his stuff. Yes, he's flawed. Two things can be right at the same time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I felt he handled it as well as could be expected with a phone in his face.

I don’t think he knew he was being recorded.

 

Pretty snide behaviour.. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
Posted
1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There’s STILL people saying we need to give him more time or if he just changes his approach slightly. 
 

AFTER telling that fan he’ll fall on his sword playing his way as he’s not changing it. 
 

We have the worst fans in the country, honestly, I don’t know how some of you get dressed in the morning. 

Your just being impatient. 

 

Once we give his football time to work, and once we give Bristric the time he apparently needs we'll absolutely smash the National League.

  • Haha 1
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

He's only really had one miss/ disaster in the Rangers season so far.

 

At MK Dons, Swansea and Southampton he performed at or above par every year. Every single team he was able to get to play the football he wanted, his teams topped possession charts above Fulham's Marcos Silva, Burnley's Vincent Kompany and Leicester's Enzo Maresca.. Possession isn't everything but in those teams he didn't have any real killers. Give him better players and I really wonder what he could do... Now i'm not talking a Man City job (like Maresca) or Bayern (Kompany), but I'd like to see if he could ever get to an Everton like team.

Jesus Christ lol

 

This place never fails to amaze

  • Like 1
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

He's only really had one miss/ disaster in the Rangers season so far.

 

At MK Dons, Swansea and Southampton he performed at or above par every year. Every single team he was able to get to play the football he wanted, his teams topped possession charts above Fulham's Marcos Silva, Burnley's Vincent Kompany and Leicester's Enzo Maresca.. Possession isn't everything but in those teams he didn't have any real killers. Give him better players and I really wonder what he could do... Now i'm not talking a Man City job (like Maresca) or Bayern (Kompany), but I'd like to see if he could ever get to an Everton like team.

I'll have one of whatever you're having please!

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

As a neutral on the subject it would be easy to pile on and laugh! Haha, he left my team, he sucks!

 

If you look at the managerial landscape right now, who would you trade him for? 

 

There's a few young progressive managers around and I wouldn't trade our current one Vitor Manos, but he's at least in the mould of someone trying to establish an 'identity', and not just going through the motions. I would take Russell Martin all day every day over a Tony Mowbray or Nathan Jones.

 

Exciting managers outside Prem.

 

Vitor Manos

Tonda Eckert

Kim Hellburg

Chris Davies

Brian Murphy

Craig Bellamy

Edited by BrianSwan
Posted (edited)

I like his response even more because he didn’t know the phone was there - bluntly honest and very well mannered considering the moronic fan spouting utter nonsense at him - since Rodgers we have had 1 good season and that was playing the same way ish Martin is trying to play so he isn’t lying we have been sh&t since - I thought his response was about as good as could be expected 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Brian Murphy

Who we let go to Cardiff because the senior pros thought his training methods were too intense 🤣

Posted
15 minutes ago, Rubbersoul said:

Quick Look at what our fans are saying on Twitter ( my mistake I know) and staggered at the amount still desperately defending him. 
 

Have they followed his career at all?! 

I fell into the same mistake and was amazed at how many think he’s the right man for the job - he’s not the right man for any job in football!

Posted
19 minutes ago, jv1 said:

I like his response even more because he didn’t know the phone was there - bluntly honest and very well mannered considering the moronic fan spouting utter nonsense at him - since Rodgers we have had 1 good season and that was playing the same way ish Martin is trying to play so he isn’t lying we have been sh&t since - I thought his response was about as good as could be expected 

Under Rodgers the good stuff was high pressing and scoring goals by forcing opposition into errors in yheir jalf and being direct when we won it.

 

The terrible times under Rodgers when he changed it up aftwr we got dicked by Liverpool. The ultimate point was him bemoaning our lack of possession and control when we were 3-0 up at half time against West Brom, we finished the game 3-0 and he was chuffed with the 2nd half. He became more obsessed with having the ball and being risk averse than being energetic and direct.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

"you've been shit since..."

 

I hate the word you. It should be we. He's part of this. 

Yes, but he wasn't here for most of the time when we were s-it.

  • Like 1
Posted

The big issue is he seems to have no concept that we pay our money for two things winning and being entertained. Currently on both points he is failing. Would we take not being entertained but winning not so sure these days. We expect more for our money. Will I take being entertained and not always winning for me yes. We all will have different viewpoints but even when we have won under Martin it has not been entertaining. Games like last night just leave me baffled.

Posted

There needs to be a mentality shift to convert those shots into goals. The best teams find a way to be sure it ends up in the net. 

I don't think what he said should be that controversial though. He wasn't rude, just a response. 

  • Like 2
Posted

I hold him in much higher esteem after seeing that video. He speaks so well, it's annoying. He's really likeable, he talks a great game, I think he really wants to succeed and I would love to see it, I just think it's wrong place and the wrong time. I think in a different situation, he would do a good job. Like I've said in other posts, if we don't win both of these home games we've now got in a row, he's in trouble. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...