Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
12 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Add to that he actually said “you’ve” been shit and not “we”. I know he wasn’t our manager then but the the wording suggest a serious lack of togetherness and self protection. He is a knob. 

I know he’s a nob, but if you are a current player that’s just signed and he says “we’ve been shit” are you thinking that he’s throwing you under a bus to supporters outside a stadium?

 

I’m sure people will come back with most of the new ones have and players need to get a back bone, but I think people would pick this apart just as much if he said that.

Posted
15 hours ago, Craig said:

This is the type of person the one filming is:

 

image.thumb.png.bf1ea0529d9bca30c3c7a896e4b53f92.png

 

Also remember him being complete dickhead towards the Father of one of my friends at Old Trafford a few years back too. The guy is a middle-aged bully. 

 

Good on Martin for taking his nonsense and making him look a clown.

 

Doesn't mean I think Martin is the right man for us, mind.

You could tell from his interview style that we weren’t dealing with someone I would want to spend time talking to. At least RM stopped and did I guess?

Posted
Just now, alex said:

You could tell from his interview style that we weren’t dealing with someone I would want to spend time talking to. At least RM stopped and did I guess?

 

It's just not a great look for either of them. 

 

The "fan" is an absolute bellend who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near social media. 

 

As for Martin, whilst some of what he says is right and I can commend him wanting to actually engage with the fans and give some back, "you've been shit for years" just isn't something he should be saying about his own club. It doesn't matter if it's true it's just not a good look. 

 

Nor is "we've had a billion shots" because the implication is clear "my tactics are brilliant, the players are shit."

 

He might have been frustrated and emotional but it really wasn't great and I imagine someone will have had a word with him about it. 

 

  • Like 2
Posted

If the idiot wants to talks stats we're 14th in League Two with 2 wins from 7 games and already lost 2 out of 3 home games, one of them 0-4. 

 

He simply cannot come out fighting like that when he's had such a shocking start with nothing to back up the arrogance....digging his own grave...it's just a matter of time anyway before he's gone.

  • Like 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He already feels like a temporary appointment. 

 

Another hammering on Saturday and surely he's on thin ice? 

Like Rodgers, Martin is the chosen one. He’ll be here until he begging to be sacked. 

  • Like 1
Posted
18 hours ago, lfu said:

His "trying to sort this out" is the same thing that got him sacked at Southampton and hounded out at Rangers. He's wedded to a dogmatic style of play that nullifies his players' strengths and amplifies their weaknesses. It doesn't matter that we've shifted some of the bad eggs because any manager could do that.

What's needed to stop the on-pitch rot is a pragmatic manager who doesn't double down on an impotent possession-at-all-costs approach that's laughably easy for opponents to defend against, and easy for them to score on the counter against.

Martin is just another symptom of Aiyawatt and Rudkin's pathetic "play like Man City" obsession when the only thing the three of them know about playing like Man City is that Guardiola teams liked to have the ball.

Dave Challinor is a name that's been brought up countless times before by others on this forum, because he has knowledge of League One, having reached the playoffs with Stockport and getting them promoted from the National League and League Two so he has a good track record at this level. He's a much more pragmatic, versatile and adaptable manager than Martin is; exactly the type of profile this club needs. 

These are the sorts of comments and opinions that are valued. It’s great seeing your POV and well articulated. Was better than your “get to f**k” comment 🤣 

 

Maybe you’re right, but he was clearly employed to play this brand of football. By all means we can vent anger at the upper management but due to them forcing that style. It’s not really his fault. 

Posted (edited)

Not always great to have stupid questions thrown at you with a random phone shoved in your face. Also, why is it whenever a fan gets the managers attention it end up being a complete t1t who asks stupid questions. 
 

But I don’t agree with anyone who thinks Russell dealt with it well. In previous interviews he talked about building something people are proud of, building connections etc. but here he is dripping with arrogance. Rattling some (wrong) insignificant stats as proof it’s all ok highlights to me he has no one around him challenging him or offering alternative views to his own. It seems that he is completely ignorant to his own really poor record (which is absolutely scandalously horrific) whilst happily rattling off his clubs poor record. As always, it’s everyone else’s fault. 
 

There isn’t, nor will there ever be, a relationship between Russell Martin and the fans. Even if form breaks and we go on a winning run (it isn’t happening by the way), he’s one poor performance from it all going horribly wrong. 
 

Sadly, with the club up for sale and Martin being the chosen one, we are going to have to go through this rot for months. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4
Posted
31 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Like Rodgers, Martin is the chosen one. He’ll be here until he begging to be sacked. 

 

The only two ways I see him being sacked:

 

1. Top/Rudkin genuinely believes we'll get relegated or at least a promising prospective buyer starts getting twitchy thinking it's too much of a risk we might. 

 

2. A new owner is more or less locked in and let's the club know he wants to take a different footballing approach, similar to Mandaric forcing out Nige for Sousa to pave the way, Top/Rudkin makes the necessary arrangements to get a new manager before the deal is finalised. Especially if Rudkin is hoping to stay on and looking to prove his worth. 

 

I think otherwise, Martin is someone they clearly wanted for years and as long as we're safely mid table, he'll convince them it's a work in progress and they need to keep overhauling the squad for him. 

 

The only one thing I would say to that is whilst I don't love the technical profile of players they're bringing in, I do think that personalities like Lundstram and Cullen in with the likes of Faes and Vestergaard out is a huge net gain to professionalism and effort and if Martin has had any influence on that at all then fair play. 

 

Still want him gone mind. 

 

Posted
2 hours ago, SuperMike said:

WOW!! Is that a genuine stat?

Speaks volumes for joys of tippy-tappy bollux.

Nice one Russell - God I'm looking forward to seeing his team play away at Accrington Stanley.

Yup. 

I compiled it a bit in an earlier post as well - 


Statswise, we stand out in the league and are quite similar to Stockport. But they're far more efficient than we are.

Posted

As funny as his saying was. 
 

Martin has no right to call us shit, the blokes a serial failure, he’s nothing to be arrogant about, his football is shit, and he’s failed everywhere bar one season at Southampton……. 
 

Id sack him for that personally, but it shows the state of standards at the club, to allow those kind of statements to go unpunished….

 

On top of that, the fans who are defending him? Get a ****ing grip, he’s just called the club you allegedly love shit? Now matter his opinion our current standing, that is unacceptable…….. 

  • Like 3
Posted
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

 

It's just not a great look for either of them. 

 

The "fan" is an absolute bellend who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near social media. 

 

As for Martin, whilst some of what he says is right and I can commend him wanting to actually engage with the fans and give some back, "you've been shit for years" just isn't something he should be saying about his own club. It doesn't matter if it's true it's just not a good look. 

 

Nor is "we've had a billion shots" because the implication is clear "my tactics are brilliant, the players are shit."

 

He might have been frustrated and emotional but it really wasn't great and I imagine someone will have had a word with him about it. 

 

Agree with all of this and wished you’d been the interviewer 

  • Haha 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

The only two ways I see him being sacked:

 

1. Top/Rudkin genuinely believes we'll get relegated or at least a promising prospective buyer starts getting twitchy thinking it's too much of a risk we might. 

 

2. A new owner is more or less locked in and let's the club know he wants to take a different footballing approach, similar to Mandaric forcing out Nige for Sousa to pave the way, Top/Rudkin makes the necessary arrangements to get a new manager before the deal is finalised. Especially if Rudkin is hoping to stay on and looking to prove his worth. 

 

I think otherwise, Martin is someone they clearly wanted for years and as long as we're safely mid table, he'll convince them it's a work in progress and they need to keep overhauling the squad for him. 

 

The only one thing I would say to that is whilst I don't love the technical profile of players they're bringing in, I do think that personalities like Lundstram and Cullen in with the likes of Faes and Vestergaard out is a huge net gain to professionalism and effort and if Martin has had any influence on that at all then fair play. 

 

Still want him gone mind. 

 

But Martin completely undermines it when he acts like a scorned primadonna after another toothless performance. When he shirks responsibility and points the finger elsewhere, being as stubborn as he is, the only 'professionalism' he's showing is that he's here for the wage packet until someone says he isn't. 


I don't think that players like Faes, Vestergaard et al are/were inherently unprofessional. But they've been witness and to some intangible degree part of a toxic shift in club culture, which I truly think comes from above. 


Imagine what the players and staff must think of the club's actions when we as fans look at it with bewilderment and embarrassment from the outside.
They must think they're part of a clown circus with absolutely inept leadership. I know very well how that feels as an employee and it doesn't improve my 'professionalism' one bit.

  • Like 1
Posted
6 minutes ago, alex said:

Agree with all of this and wished you’d been the interviewer 

 

I'm flattered lol

 

In all seriousness, I'd ****ing love to have a proper chat with Martin. 

 

I'd actually be fascinated to talk to quite a few of our former coaches but I wouldn't want to actually interview them. 

 

I'd want it off the record, when their guard was down like Martin's was here. I want to hear them justify some of the shit they've done earnestly without cameras rolling when they can give some degree of honesty. 

 

Imagine being able talk to Cooper or Ruud or Marti about our plummeting sprinting, work rate and pressing stats, for example, and trying to hear them justify being worst in the league. 

 

Posted
18 hours ago, FoxesFan100 said:

All points are true. Point 4 is key here, we expected to be top and cruising this league, correct? Maybe that’s the issue, we aren’t that good at the moment and are having to rebuild and we need some fans to realise this. We have no given right to walk the league (see last year), it comes with hard work and all pulling in the same direction and trying to build that relationship with the fans. However that is hard to do with such a toxic environment, aim it at the owners but the players need encouragement. 

Whilst I agree with that, fans are frustrated and angry with the owner, the board and the management and the only link to them from us is via the players. The booing is a hopeful, albeit pretty ineffective way at getting the owner, the board etc to understand how we feel. They just ignore us. And that's bad

Posted
3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

I'm flattered lol

 

In all seriousness, I'd ****ing love to have a proper chat with Martin. 

 

I'd actually be fascinated to talk to quite a few of our former coaches but I wouldn't want to actually interview them. 

 

I'd want it off the record, when their guard was down like Martin's was here. I want to hear them justify some of the shit they've done earnestly without cameras rolling when they can give some degree of honesty. 

 

Imagine being able talk to, Cooper or Ruud or Marti about our plummeting sprinting, work rate and pressing stats, for example and trying to hear them justify being worst in the league. 

 

I'd be more interested in being a fly on the wall in the players' WhatsApp groups or team meetings or at the cafeteria. I think a lot more candid and honest stuff would come from that than having a single person's biased viewpoint on the matter. 
 

I'm not convinced either Cooper, Martin, RVN, Cifuentes, Rowett have much more insight to give than what they already said between the lines during various press conferences.

Posted
1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Like Rodgers, Martin is the chosen one. He’ll be here until he begging to be sacked. 

This is nonsense. Rodgers had a great record behind him so you could see why he would be given time. Martin does not.

Posted

Haven't watched it because it sounds cringey, but if he said to me "you've been shit since you got promoted with Maresca" then surely the logical counter point is to point to his record since that season too? Expert in failure.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...