Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Always good to get off the mark, but I hope the people around him keep his feet on the ground, as the quality of the opposition adds context to the goals. A place on the bench may well now be merited, but I'm concerned that a hattie - and wearing the 9 - makes him feel entitled to be first choice striker. That is still Riis imo. Competition is good though, eh?

  • Like 1
Posted
7 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Fair enough not getting carried away given the opposition but it's bloody weird that people are piling in here to say how crap he is. Clearly want to save face in the event he's a total flop

Said from the start he's crap, still think hes crap.

 

Save this comment,  come back to me when hes got some respectable goal stats against adult opposition and I am proven wrong.

 

I'll wait....

 

 

a very long time.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Posted
1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Said from the start he's crap, still think hes crap.

 

Save this comment,  come back to me when hes got some respectable goal stats against adult opposition and I am proven wrong.

 

I'll wait....

 

 

a very long time.

From what I have seen there is potential to be decent, whether he makes it or not who knows but what exactly where you expecting for the paltry amount we spent on him,the finished article.

I am known for being a bit negative all things LCFC related but my god this forum at the moment.!

 

  • Like 3
Posted

It was unlikely he was going to rock up from the Slovenian league and just start banging them in left, right and centre. He gives us some physicality up front and he's obviously got a bit about him. Needs to do some work but this is the season to acquire some rough diamonds and polish them up.

 

Nice for him to get a hattrick. Gets the ball out of his feet nicely for the first though the shot lacked power it was well placed. A more experienced keeper probably saves it. Second was a tap in but he made the run and got into the right area. Third was the pick, nice run across his marker and first time shot across goal and in.

 

Nothing to get overly excited about, looks a good second choice striker for us currently who can hopefully push on.

  • Like 2
Posted
9 hours ago, MS0204 said:

For all the stick RM has been getting recently it’s almost as if it was a we stand with you moment regardless of what others think.. 

Like I said it wasn’t clear, all I know it was bloody cringey.. 

The rumours of the fallout came from the media mate...not the fans. We've not got a clue and kept in the dark as always. Doesn't help Radio Leicester have the most flacid questions so you never get any answers from them, so that just breeds speculation.

  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, Hales said:

He scores a hatrick but that still doesn't make some of you happy!! Miserable buggers!

 

tbf its like anything with the club atm, we could win 6 games in a row and play brilliant football, but then someone would say "they was crap" or "its only Plymouth" etc

  • Like 3
Posted
16 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

The rumours of the fallout came from the media mate...not the fans. We've not got a clue and kept in the dark as always. Doesn't help Radio Leicester have the most flacid questions so you never get any answers from them, so that just breeds speculation.

Pretty sure the media just said he was left out for non-footballing reasons which gives no indication at all that it was a falling out or what it actually was

 

It was fans bringing up that they had fell out

  • Like 4
Posted
16 hours ago, Hales said:

He scores a hatrick but that still doesn't make some of you happy!! Miserable buggers!

 

Well it wasn't the perfect hat trick was it ! left foot, right foot, header 

 

I didn't like that he went for a cuddle with Martin after the 1st. 

 

and erm ......... it should have been 4 at least 

 

Get rid 

  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Strangely aggressive response lol. 

 

It's absolutely fine if you think that and I totally understand why last night may not have changed your mind. But piling in on him after scoring a hat trick is just bizarre. Not even saying you should be coming in here praising him but calling somebody crap after they've done that is just being negative for the sake of it

lollol Aggressive!!! 

 

I respect you as a poster, please don't stoop that low lol

 

Admittedly, it probably wasn't the ideal time to voice my opinion, so i apologise for that, but i don't apologise for my opinion.

 

Not only were the goals against an U21's team - It was an U21's team missing their best players through international duties.

 

2 out of 3 of those goals don't go in, even at a standard a poor as League 1.

 

I just think we are so desperate for promotion, we haven't got the luxury of wasting 15-20 games hoping for someone to come good. He's registered about 1 shot on target in the league.

 

But yes, the wrong time to voice my opinion - Granted, but i stick by it - He won't come good.

Edited by adejo92
  • Sad 2
Posted

He was in position to score goals but I'm not sold at this point that he will get many in League 1.

 

Seemed to need a lot of time and space and even then needed errors to make the most of it. 

 

Posted
9 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s a project, Riis is the main man. Should be on the bench at the very least and needs to either be coming on for Riis or up top with him causing some chaos 

I think he'll learn a lot playing with Riis from time to time. 

  • Like 4
Posted

Admir Bristric opens up on Leicester City move, Jamie Vardy target and pressure | Leicestershire Live

 

Admir Bristric opens up on Leicester City move, Jamie Vardy target and pressure
Admir Bristric got his first goals for Leicester City in Tuesday night's win over Fulham Under-21s



Josh Holland Leicester City correspondent
25 Sep 2026
The smile on Admir Bristric's face when asked about his hat-trick for Leicester City was a relieved one. The striker scored his first goals for the club on Tuesday night, becoming the first Foxes player to net a hat-trick since Patson Daka in 2021.

City beat Fulham Under-21s 6-1 in the Jersey Mike's Trophy this week, with Russell Martin's men too good for the Premier League 2 side. After being excluded from the previous two matchdays squads, Bristric came back into the Leicester team and used the cup fixture as an opportunity to gain confidence.

The Bosnian, who moved to the King Power Stadium from Olimpija Ljubljana in the summer, opened the scoring with a powerful strike inside the area before doubling his tally with a tap in. Bristric then completed his 19-minute hat-trick with a low finish after good work from Will Alves.

His goals come just over a week after Emil Riis scored his first goals for the club at Stockport County. After just seven games, Bristric is already halfway to matching the goals scored by Jordan Ayew and Daka last season.


"It's a great feeling to play in this stadium, for this great club, it's a great feeling," he said after the 6-1 victory. "It's a bit hard for me. I came from a different league, from a different country and I need to adapt myself to here and it will come.

"[I need to] be patient and with these three goals now, I get some confidence. I need to keep working hard and everything will come."

He added: "I'm sure that it will help [me] a lot. I will keep working hard now, like I did until now, and then it's up to the manager and the other things. The most important thing is to get promoted to the Championship and then it will be great for everyone."


Bristric's start to life in England has been a slow one and, after moving from Slovenia, he will take some time to fully adapt to the new environment. He came close to scoring a winner at MK Dons in August before sitting out of the Stockport and Barnsley games.

Riis' deadline-day arrival means the weight of expectation to provide instant results on the pitch doesn't sit on the Bosnian's shoulders. It does, though, mean Russell Martin has a big squad and the League One restriction of naming only 18 players on matchday means opportunities will come as a result of hard work in training.

"The rule of the league is that you have 18 in the squad, so it's a lot of guys," he added. "Of course, who is better in training and who the gaffer needs in that match will be in the squad.


"So today was a great game. To score and to win, I think will be good after this."


Bristric wears the famous No.9 shirt at Leicester and is almost guaranteed to do better than Ayew did in his single season with the number. However, the 23-year-old isn't looking too far ahead and insists he would be delighted to do half of what Jamie Vardy did.

"I know it's a big responsibility [and] that I need to prove myself," he added. "I think it's a lot of pressure to wear this shirt. If I did half of what Jamie did, I would be grateful."

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Friendly reminder that he needs 4 more goals to have outscored both our recognised 'strikers' last season.

 

(Yes i know it was against literal children but it's a competitive game, it counts)

 

Riis needs 5. In 40-ish games. That's how low the bar is, and with that in mind I'm going to try to enjoy having forwards that might occasionally do their job.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1
Posted

Seems to have a knack for being the right place, couple of times the ball rebounded a foot away from a tap in etc for him which you’d think will start to break his way eventually. Think he also has some decent moments in build up. Anyone who thought a guy from the Slovenian top division would come in and immediately be our best player is just silly. Only issue is the fee was massive for a development player at this level, and I do feel like this was a signing made as if we are a championship team, but not his fault. Very happy with him as our back up to Riis, hopefully means no more Reid or Cullen up front

Posted
1 hour ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Very happy with him as our back up to Riis, hopefully means no more Reid or Cullen up front

I still think we'll see them their in the later parts of games as he's not likely to have both strikers on the bench judging from his first few games

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...