Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Interesting how the people who I think are good posters and are largely correct are sceptical - then posters who are often wrong are saying the same things they always do.

 

I don’t intrinsically hate this signing, there are some upsides but the fact Russel Martin is our manager and LCFC are making it is almost enough to write it off straight away.

 

A plurality in here rated the Ayew

 signing, lots liked the Lascelles deal, a few were happy with Aribo. It’s just hard to be enthused by a deal from a club with such a poor record with both manager and player recruitment.

While you're absolutely correct about our recruitment over the last 10 years, McCarron hasn't done a bad job this summer of removing crap and quite a few of the incoming signings look like they could be decent, not all bad a decent % of them. 

  • Like 1
Posted
15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet one of those will not even make the bench every week.

and it'll be the only one still here in two years time.

Posted
1 hour ago, Kierzz said:

I was always impressed with him when he played for Southampton during the season they got promoted with us from the championship. He was one of their key players and was great in possession.

 

I think Martin is hoping he is the sort of player that will play more risky passes between the lines which we are lacking at the moment from our current central midfielders 

 

Therefore, seems a very good signing at League 1 considering he's still only 26. Hopefully we can keep him fit.

Page has been one of the best at doing this so far, the issue is more the set up. With two high 8's then you reduce the ability to get on the ball in phases of play where you can break the lines. Braybrooke is similar to Smallbone and you'd want either of them to drop deep and be able to do this, then get forward as a box to box player.

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

General comments on him is he's good for a goal, tidy passer but lightweight and very slow. It's just rinse and repeat isn't it.

15 goals in 161 games inc internationals 

Posted
1 hour ago, CornwallFox said:

While you're absolutely correct about our recruitment over the last 10 years, McCarron hasn't done a bad job this summer of removing crap and quite a few of the incoming signings look like they could be decent, not all bad a decent % of them. 

Too early to tell on this summer’s business. At this stage in 23/24 Winks looked a great buy. Faes looked good about 8 games in.

 

Signing a manager’s previous players is very short termist. I don’t think Smallbone is a bad player but there are red flags 

  • Like 1
Posted
30 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Too early to tell on this summer’s business. At this stage in 23/24 Winks looked a great buy. Faes looked good about 8 games in.

 

Signing a manager’s previous players is very short termist. I don’t think Smallbone is a bad player but there are red flags 

Wout Faes made his Leicester City debut on September 17, 2022, in a Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur.
 
Match Details
  • Date: September 17, 2022
  • Opponent: Tottenham Hotspur
  • Competition: Premier League
  • Result: 6-2 defeat away at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium [1, 2]
Posted
1 minute ago, FLAN said:

 

Wout Faes made his Leicester City debut on September 17, 2022, in a Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur.
 
Match Details
  • Date: September 17, 2022
  • Opponent: Tottenham Hotspur
  • Competition: Premier League
  • Result: 6-2 defeat away at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium [1, 2]

Yeah I said 8 games in. After that we kept a load of clean sheets 

Posted
40 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I said that the squad was pretty stacked for the level even before we signed this guy. I think it's pretty crap long term planning but if he's fit he's good for this league (Sorry Ric).

 

Martin's got a basically brand new starting XI and bench. We've got players that won't make our bench that would be star players for a good chunk of the rest of the league. 

 

There are simply zero excuses for Martin. Zero. Anything less than winning the league with as many points as we did last time is an utter failure. With the two game weeks start to bite we can field basically two different XIs a week. The Subway cup should be a breeze too. 

I don't dispute that, I viewed him as one of Southampton's best players under Brussell in the games I watched them. My comments are about whether he is needed  we lack pace and aggression and he's lacks in both. Classic Martin type player.

  • Like 1
Posted

Christ, I didn't realise he's started 96 club games in his career and he turns 27 this season.

 

Kamari Doyle has just turned 21and he's started 62. Braybrooke 51 starts. We build the least robust squads possible.

Posted
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

General comments on him is he's good for a goal, tidy passer but lightweight and very slow. It's just rinse and repeat isn't it.

Sounds like a very obvious fit for us.

Posted
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't dispute that, I viewed him as one of Southampton's best players under Brussell in the games I watched them. My comments are about whether he is needed  we lack pace and aggression and he's lacks in both. Classic Martin type player.

I agree with pace but I think Lundstram adds a lot of much needed bite in midfield and i've been really impressed with how Page has got stuck in so far this season.

 

Unfortunately the midfielder I think is losing out at the minute is Braybrooke. Can't seem to find a way to fit him in effectively and I think he will be the one to lose out the most to with this signing.

 

I do think Martin will settle on a 3 of Lundstram, Chaplin and Smallbone with Cullen on the right, Alves off the left and Riis up front. Especially when we inevitably sell Page in January.

  • Like 1
Posted

When and if Chaplin gets fit he will 100% start the majority of games as a proper 10 - then it will be 2 deeper from the 4 of page , Lund , Sammy and will 

 

he is a very good signing at this level and with Chaplin unfit you can’t just have 3 starting midfielders with no proper centre mid on bench like last week so picking up someone like this outside of the window is bloody decent business - only 26 as well so plenty to offer 

 

very good signing and he isn’t coming here to be sub -

maybe first couple of games but if he can get to previous levels he will be one of first names on team sheet 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...