Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 2/6/2017 at 22:07, Babylon said:

Lion... what a bloody film, honestly that's probably one of the most gripping/happy/sad films I've seen in god knows how many years.

Think I've had something in both eyes for the last half an hour.

Brilliant 10/10

By strange coincidence I had something in both my eyes too watching this today :cry:

Agree it's a brilliant film and an incredible story. And watching those scenes of poverty in India I'll never complain about the size of my modest 3 bedroom semi detached house ever again...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

By strange coincidence I had something in both my eyes too watching this today :cry:

Agree it's a brilliant film and an incredible story. And watching those scenes of poverty in India I'll never complain about the size of my modest 3 bedroom semi detached house ever again...

Watched Lion last night, great film although i'm sure someone was chopping onions nearby as my eyes kept welling up by the end. 8/10

Hell Or High Water, decent modern-day take on a western movie, a solid 7.5/10

Started to watch Nocturnal Animals late last night but the large elderly ladies dancing naked in the opening titles was giving me nightmares so will revisit that at a later date.

• Like 1

Watched 'The Wailing' when Mrs CF was out the other night and it kept me gripped for the night.  Long film at over 2 1/2 hours and is South Korean with sub-titles, but good edgy plot and like I said, keeps you gripped.  Plot :  Policeman investigates violent murders in nearby villages and suspects Japanese stranger.   You have to be in the mood for this type of film but it won't disappoint.    Solid 8/10.  

11 hours ago, somebum said:

just watched escape from alcatraz for the 75th time. Timeless.

You been to Alcatraz? Used to love the film before going there, even more obsessed with it after visiting! His cell comes complete with the papier-mache head! 

Place is identical pretty much to when they filmed there and you can go everywhere you want. 

• Like 1

Watched half of Crapsaw Ridge, and it's truly one of the worst war films I've ever seen. I'm not sure if it's trying to pay homage to other preceding war films by stealing from them or not. Essentially if you have seen Forrest Gump where he goes back to save Lt Dan, but ends up saving the whole battalion (or whatever its called) before finding him and running him through the jungle. Yeah? Just watch that instead. I'm not sure I'm going to get past 'training camp' it's that shit. Vince Vaughn is horrendous, and the pot cast of one dimensional characters surrounding the main character, I'm sorta hoping he doesn't actually get to save them.

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Lion-The best film I've seen for ages, deserves some sort of award. 

Hear hear. Deserves an Oscar for me. And the young boy who plays Saroo was incredible I thought.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Lion-The best film I've seen for ages, deserves some sort of award. If you haven't got a tear in your eye at the end of that you're made of stone.

That first 40 minutes in India was brilliant, the little Indian lad deserves an Oscar. Hats off to Dev Patel too, great film.

23 hours ago, Webbo said:

Lion-The best film I've seen for ages, deserves some sort of award. If you haven't got a tear in your eye at the end of that you're made of stone.

Took the Mrs and my Mum to watch it today at the cinema after I watched it on Kodi.

Truely as spectacular and gripping the second time around. Had a lump in my throat and I knew everything that was coming.

The whole cinema was in absolute floods, blokes, women, pensioners, teenagers. 

The Saroo / Kuddo relationship is what breaks me. With the end revelation about what happened that first night being an extra kick in the balls.