Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

3 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Yeah, it's really good isn't it. 

Yep.  Storyline's all a bit too familiar and there were a couple of points where they rushed a bit to advance the plotline but that's alright because the characters/actors were great (apart from the boring girlfriend) and the effects and battle sequences were impeccable.  Not to mention it had a good sense of humour too, the bit with the coat lapels got me :D

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It wasn't bad, really good is stretching it a bit.

Shut up Webbo.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yep.  Storyline's all a bit too familiar and there were a couple of points where they rushed a bit to advance the plotline but that's alright because the characters/actors were great (apart from the boring girlfriend) and the effects and battle sequences were impeccable.  Not to mention it had a good sense of humour too, the bit with the coat lapels got me :D

Shut up Webbo.  

Couldn't have put it better myself, 

I liked that they included an infinity stone, I was kicking myself for not realising that's what the eye was, but it's interesting that marvel have chosen the less mainstream comics to have a stone in their movie.

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just watched Now You See Me.

What a load, of pretentious twaddle with implausible plotlines that have grappling holes. Can't believe they're making a sequel.

They made a sequel.  It's called Now You See Me 2.

Guest seanfox778

Just saw Split, I thought the ending was really cool and I didn't see it coming until the music. James McAvoy was top notch to do all those different characters in one film. I thought the main bulk of the film was a tad slow but I was left satisfied by all the possibilities at the end. 

6.5/10

Edited by seanfox778

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

Watched The Shining for the umpteenth time the other day. Can anyone recommend a film that rewards repeated viewing so much? So many layers and hidden meanings to it. 

The Usual Suspects :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Arrival and Hacksaw are both very good.

Watched La La Land, it was ok... felt like I drifted out of it a few times though. This "alternate ending" on youtube made me piss though.

lol

Thought La La Land was ok once my missus stopped complaining about how crap it was and fell sleep. 

Hacksaw Ridge is outstanding, one of the best films I've seen. 

19 minutes ago, sdb said:

Good shout. Seen it but years ago. Will go again, thanks. 

Any more??!

Recently, I'd also say Inception and Interstellar. 

It's a good question though, I'd be interested in what others suggest...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Recently, I'd also say Inception and Interstellar. 

It's a good question though, I'd be interested in what others suggest...

Even more recent I'd say Arrival.

Fight Club probably comes in that category.

Comedy wise the cornetto trilogy tend to have some layers to them on social commentary.

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778

I've watched Pulp Fiction quite a few times over the years, always good value for repeated viewings. American Beauty is another good one.