Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Was there tonight. I’ve lived in notts for 12 years so I’ll be honest I’ve seen a lot more of them than us. 

some promising moments, but some odd decisions too. Naveen looked absolutely rapid and should have bowled three in a row! Lost his way having to come back on after notts had recovered. 

Parkinson coming back on for a third was an odd on, yes he got wickets but he was dispatched! 

Also Mike going for 13 in his one and only… he was one dropped catch and one just over the boundary from 2 wickets in that over! Deserved at least one more over! 

Was pleased they at least got enough runs to make a game of it, but yeah some really odd bowling decisions.

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

How can we be chasing just under 10 an over when they were going at about 7 and a half?

10 wickets available over 9 overs so the chasing total is higher.

And we did it. Fourth win in the T20 this season. Inglis and Ackerman seeing us home by 8 wickets.

LEICESTERSHIRE LA LA LA

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

10 wickets available over 9 overs so the chasing total is higher.

And we did it. Fourth win in the T20 this season. Inglis and Ackerman seeing us home by 8 wickets.

LEICESTERSHIRE LA LA LA

Disagree, should be based on probability and I doubt we'd be chasing more than 8 an over if they'd batted 20.

Anyway, good win.

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Why do we need the 100?

Here’s a international with a great T20 record getting a hat trick off the final three balls of the Roses derby. He’s also bowled a hilarious wide in the over too. 

Just market what we’ve got bloody properly 

Well I agree, but it's not designed for people who currently watch cricket. It's for kids and families largely, which is why it's been simplified and the sponsors are Hula Hoops and Pom-bears. It's like the Disneyfied, theme park version of cricket. 

I've got a 10 year old who has no interest in cricket at all, despite my best efforts, instead he is relentlessly bugging me to take him to, Fast and Furious 18. If the Hundred ignites a flicker of interest in cricket from him, then I won't mind it at all. 

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Well I agree, but it's not designed for people who currently watch cricket. It's for kids and families largely, which is why it's been simplified and the sponsors are Hula Hoops and Pom-bears. It's like the Disneyfied, theme park version of cricket. 

I've got a 10 year old who has no interest in cricket at all, despite my best efforts, instead he is relentlessly bugging me to take him to, Fast and Furious 18. If the Hundred ignites a flicker of interest in cricket from him, then I won't mind it at all. 

But that’s exactly it isn’t it? Why not just package up the existing T20 Blast and make it easier for the superstars to play in that? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But that’s exactly it isn’t it? Why not just package up the existing T20 Blast and make it easier for the superstars to play in that? 

Firstly because too much of the control and proceeds (£££!) from the Blast are with the counties and the ECB want a bigger slice of the pie. Secondly because of the obsession with the franchise model, constant envious glances have been thrown at the IPL and the BBL whilst ignoring the fact that the Blast has been so succesful we don't need a franchise model.

Now, they seem to have accepted the latter point but are so determined to achieve the franchise model anhway they've decided to bastardise a whole new format to get it. Oh and to top it all off they're relegating 50 over cricket (where we're world champions) to second rate status whilst they do it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Firstly because too much of the control and proceeds (£££!) from the Blast are with the counties and the ECB want a bigger slice of the pie. Secondly because of the obsession with the franchise model, constant envious glances have been thrown at the IPL and the BBL whilst ignoring the fact that the Blast has been so succesful we don't need a franchise model.

Now, they seem to have accepted the latter point but are so determined to achieve the franchise model anhway they've decided to bastardise a whole new format to get it. Oh and to top it all off they're relegating 50 over cricket (where we're world champions) to second rate status whilst they do it.

Spot on. 

There’s not a single one of those Hundred players who hasn’t or couldn’t play in the Blast. The calibre of international players for the 100 is still following the same format of T20 guns to hire and players already in England for international fixtures. 

18 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Mine don't give two hoots about cricket. Mainly as they've never seen me sitting down watching it on the telly, as it's been anonymous and lost on sky for nearly 20 years. 

But I cannot for the life of me work out why, suddenly, bowling 100 balls instead of 120 will instantly fire up interest. Especially that the teams involved alienate 60% of the cricketing public

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Mine don't give two hoots about cricket. Mainly as they've never seen me sitting down watching it on the telly, as it's been anonymous and lost on sky for nearly 20 years. 

But I cannot for the life of me work out why, suddenly, bowling 100 balls instead of 120 will instantly fire up interest. Especially that the teams involved alienate 60% of the cricketing public

I'm just stoked for the 80, which will be launched in 2035 ish. The 60 is a bridge too far. The 40 is frankly ridiculous and don't even get me started on the 20; the year the 20 launched (2132) is the year cricket died.

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

That’s pretty awful for us. And a 350 mile drive for the players today. Although Taunton is very wet already with lots of rain forecast.

Yep. Might get away with it. Could be lucky to see a ball bowled, woeful forecast