Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

18 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Mine don't give two hoots about cricket. Mainly as they've never seen me sitting down watching it on the telly, as it's been anonymous and lost on sky for nearly 20 years. 

But I cannot for the life of me work out why, suddenly, bowling 100 balls instead of 120 will instantly fire up interest. Especially that the teams involved alienate 60% of the cricketing public

It might not. But in the same way dogs notice other dogs, my kids tend to notice other kids and all things aimed at them rather for an adult audience. The whole marketing around it is exceptionally bright and fun orientated and you have 'Skips' on shirts instead of Ínvestment mutual' or whatever. 

27 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

It might not. But in the same way dogs notice other dogs, my kids tend to notice other kids and all things aimed at them rather for an adult audience. The whole marketing around it is exceptionally bright and fun orientated and you have 'Skips' on shirts instead of Ínvestment mutual' or whatever. 

Yup. I get that logic. Still can't see it working though (or at least every fibre in my being hopes it doesn't)

Kids, I hope,  aren't that easily patronised nowadays by hula hoops or cartoons. They go for bite sized funsters on YouTube nattering on about fifa or unboxing trainers or jake Paul or tiktok memes.  

Sport needs media / social media heroes, not 10CC blasting out and blue stumps. Vardy. Anthony Joshua. Tom Brady. Tom Daley even. Or more topical, Federer and Mark Cavendish. 

19 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Klein, Evans and Wright are self isolating so to be fair there were few options 

Always a better option than Gavin Griffiths imo. Seconda or another batsmen. Play Steele he can bowl

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

166 runs (losing one wicket) in 31 overs in the morning session.

So essentially they'd be heading towards a pretty decent 50 over score... with their tail...

• Like 1