Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

To be honest you don't really know how you'd react at a press conference about your missing daughter, there are probably people that do study people's behaviour at public events after tragedies though, but my feeling is that a massive outpouring of emotion can be just a suspicious.

Tbf to ken it's no worse than some on here quoting some unknown, random blogger off the net and claiming that as proof.

That's why I said "old school", most people now just parrot something they saw on twitter.

Floods of tears at a press conference don't equate to innocence but something seemed odd to me about the detachedness and lack of emotion shown by the McCann's at the time. I don't ever recall seeing the anger or sadness that I would expect parents to portray in such horrific circumstances.

zzkateandgerry5.jpg

She looks pretty distraught to me.

From the evidence given by Jane Tanner

4078    “I don’t know if you can answer this, on realising that Madeleine had not been found in the first ten minutes, how did Kate reactâ€?

Reply    “Erm well I could hear her screaming from my apartment, so that’s all I could hear, sort of shouts and screamsâ€.

4078    “And the same question in relation to Geraldâ€?

Reply    “Erm well again I could just hear the commotion, I don’t know where it was coming from (inaudible)â€.

4078    “But you said when you saw Gerry at sort of three o’clock in the morning he was justâ€?

Reply    “Ah he was just like standing there shaking, so yeahâ€.

4078    “What did you think about their behaviour considering that Madeleine had gone missingâ€?

Reply    “It was totally normal because they were just distraught yeah and just, yeah well normal for what you’d expect if they’d just found their daughter wasn’t thereâ€.

From the evidence given by Fiona Payne

1485    â€œHow was Kate?â€

Reply    â€œAwful, erm, I’ve never seen such horrible raw emotion in my life and I’ve seen a lot of it in my job.  Erm, tut, she, she was just bereft, she didn’t know what to do, she was just panicking, extremely frightened, extremely frightened for Madeleine and, erm, was wondering where she was or what was happening to her.  And the helplessness, erm, of not being able to do anything, what should she be doing, what could they do.  Erm, she was angry, really angry, tut, punching walls, kicking walls, she was covered in bruises the next day, because she just didn’t know what, what else to do.  She was angry at herself, she kept saying ‘I’ve let her down.  We’ve let her down Gerry’, you know, ‘We should have been here’.  Erm, tut, she was praying a lot.  Erm, I just don’t think she knew what to do, what to do.  And she was just howling.  It was just, just awful.  I think as time went on it just seemed a massive delay from when we said to Matt to phone the Police, erm, that hour, it was an hour, it just seemed like an eternity, where nothing was happening, tut.  Erm, you know, we’re all intelligent people, we were all trying to think what we should be doing and, you know, what’s going to make a difference.  And Kate’s ringing, Gerry’s ringing anybody under the sun, family, they just don’t, they honestly just didn’t know what to do.  So there was a lot of, Gerry’s in and out, I mean, they were just sobbing, going between sobbing and then feeling helpless and then ringing people and this frantic activity.  Kate was desperate to have a Priest, which, you know, people find weird, but I think that was just her way of thinking ‘At least I can pray for Madeleine’ and her way of feeling that she was doing something.  Erm, tut, but she wasn’t functioningâ€.

Edited by Smudge

They look and sound absolutely devastated.

I do wonder whether people in this thread are actually taking random internet bloggers seriously? Surely not. Internet 101: anyone can say anything. Half of what people are using as fact in here is probably complete fabrication. Have detailed case reports ever been released to the public?

Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 1

I do wonder whether people in this thread are actually taking random internet bloggers seriously? Surely not. Internet 101: anyone can say anything. Half of what people are using as fact in here is probably complete fabrication. Have detailed case reports ever been released to the public?

My mate was arguing with a guy on Facebook and was actually told to throw his opinion of Gerry McCann away (a man he has known since his teens) as he had read a blog post that made a whole host of hideous and bizarre claims about him.

The Internet consipracy bloggers are getting a bigger audience, with that comes even bigger bullshit and even more ridiculous claims.

Get your Tin Hats ready, the times are a changing and peoples paranoia is heading through the roof.

Edited by MattP

My mate was arguing with a guy on Facebook and was actually told to throw his opinion of Gerry McCann away (a man he has known since his teens) as he had read a blog post that made a whole host of hideous and bizarre claims about him.

The Internet consipracy bloggers are getting a bigger audience, with that comes even bigger bullshit and even more ridiculous claims.

Get your Tin Hats ready, the times are a changing and peoples paranoia is heading through the roof.

Problem is so many people will read something regarding evidence on a blog or forum and assume its genuine without thinking twice.

The rogatory reports by the Leicestershire Police (this is the second one) are very lengthy, informative but sometimes hard to read because it's verbatim with all the attendant umms ahhs and you knows.

Edited by Smudge

zzkateandgerry5.jpg

She looks pretty distraught to me.

From the evidence given by Jane Tanner

From the evidence given by Fiona Payne

She looks like she's got cramp in her toe.

Their two mates dont sound the brightest when reading the transcripts. 'Erm well yeh, you know like'

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Their two mates dont sound the brightest when reading the transcripts. 'Erm well yeh, you know like'

Are you sure their friends don't play for Leicester City?

I think a lot of English women talk in scribble, the one I'm married to is no exception. :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Surprised there has been no mention of this?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/20617524/breakthrough-in-maddie-mccann-case/

To those who jump to conclusions without evidence, allow me to either remind or inform you about Azaria Chamberlain, and the hell her parents went through thanks to the manipulative media and the gullible public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Azaria_Chamberlain

Edited by ozleicester

That's nothing but a cheap rehash of what was being said about four months ago. Either news still takes a long time to get to Australia, or yahoo fancied getting a few extra clicks through a misleading headline.

• 4 weeks later...