Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

This poor little fooker was in a tree outside our room making a right row ...    Walked up and got this early pic then it turned round and exposed some really nasty wounds to its arm and leg ...   Some looked down to the bone ...  A right mess ...    Ran off using one leg only.  Told the hotel but spose there's not much they can do ...   It is wild after all.  :(

image.jpeg

This little chap was found wandering up New Walk the other day. It followed a couple of passer bys and a regular from the Kings Head. Hw is now residing there and is content and settled as a guard cat for the pub. He is fussed over and fed so is happy. He has been given the name Chairman Meow. The landlord however says he cannot keep him permantly. We have posted on social media looking for the owners and had him checked for a chip for his owners. He has been well looked after and only a few months old. He may have come from flats near the museum. Someone has knocked on a few doors Image may contain: people sitting .

He spends his time sleeping or being fussed over by customers. If anyone hears of a lost ginger tabby cat reply here or let the Kings know.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

In airport waiting for my flight to Boston and engaged (and soon married) life in the US to begin.

Equally caught between massive excitement and shitting bricks.

All the best to you and your betrothed for your future life Stateside.

I recognise those twin emotions. I'm sure the bricks will soon get smaller, but hopefully the excitement won't dissipate, just morph into contentment in due course.

I don't think that I regret any major, brick-shitting decisions I've made in life....only the odd one that I didn't make. Anyway, if you can cope with Korea, I'm sure you'll be fine over there.

Will you have to swear an oath of allegiance to your new president? :whistle:

We never did meet for that drink that we threatened to share a couple of years back, did we?

Drop a PM if/when you're back for visits, if you've nothing better to do with your time - and don't leave me isolated on here, to be crushed by the forces of reaction, will you? :D

2 hours ago, Rincewind said:

This little chap was found wandering up New Walk the other day. It followed a couple of passer bys and a regular from the Kings Head. Hw is now residing there and is content and settled as a guard cat for the pub. He is fussed over and fed so is happy. He has been given the name Chairman Meow. The landlord however says he cannot keep him permantly. We have posted on social media looking for the owners and had him checked for a chip for his owners. He has been well looked after and only a few months old. He may have come from flats near the museum. Someone has knocked on a few doors Image may contain: people sitting .

He spends his time sleeping or being fussed over by customers. If anyone hears of a lost ginger tabby cat reply here or let the Kings know.

If no one turns up Rince there's plenty of restaurants round there that would give you  'Top dolla !!'  for the little fella ..

On 7 January 2017 at 22:27, Countryfox said:

This poor little fooker was in a tree outside our room making a right row ...    Walked up and got this early pic then it turned round and exposed some really nasty wounds to its arm and leg ...   Some looked down to the bone ...  A right mess ...    Ran off using one leg only.  Told the hotel but spose there's not much they can do ...   It is wild after all.  :(

image.jpeg

Mentioned it to the general manager last night over a beer ...     I think he got the wrong end of the stick and thought I was moaning about the noise ...   He told me they could be real nuisances and they have gassed a few in the past ?!?!  

8 hours ago, Rincewind said:

If they can't find the owner or a taker for him then contact the rspca or somewhere like Redgate farm near Markfield. I got my cat from the latter, they'll home him and look after him, and he'll be advertised on their website as looking for a home.

They called the RSPCA willing to take him in the pub. I think they said they dont keep them long and put them down. Not sure if they checked with Redgate but there are plenty but he seems content and there are plenty willing to take him if he doesn;t stay. He has plenty of seats and bar stools to curl up on. The problem is going to be on matchdays with rugby and City fans in. The place will be packed. The pub is also planning renovations so doors could be open where he may wander off.

First belly laugh of the day.  Red flags on the beach today so I settled down on my lounger with a newspaper and cool drink ... Then up pops a brave swimmer ...   For that read porky middle aged Brit who should know better ...    Resplendent in his baggy floral shorts, snorkel and mask.   The first wave gives him a wobble but he stoically stands his ground and turns to wave at the missus ...    The second wave bounces off his back ...   But unbeknownst to him a fookin great big one is following right behind ....    Wallop !!! ...   It knocks him over and he disappears in a cauldron of white foam ...   Then as the swell goes backwards up he pops in a couple of foot of water floundering about with his snorkel and mask gone forever ...   I'm already having a good snigger by now but when the poor sod gets hit by another big breaker and gets rolled over with his shorts round his ankles my belly laugh just bursts out ! ...     Got a light rebuke from Mrs CF but even she had a little titter.   Happy days !    :crylaugh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rincewind said:

They called the RSPCA willing to take him in the pub. I think they said they dont keep them long and put them down. Not sure if they checked with Redgate but there are plenty but he seems content and there are plenty willing to take him if he doesn;t stay. He has plenty of seats and bar stools to curl up on. The problem is going to be on matchdays with rugby and City fans in. The place will be packed. The pub is also planning renovations so doors could be open where he may wander off.

He'll be fine on match days. He'll either find a customer to sit next to or find a corner to hide away in. And if he wanders off he wanders off, that's what cats do, if he likes it he'll come back.

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

First belly laugh of the day.  Red flags on the beach today so I settled down on my lounger with a newspaper and cool drink ... Then up pops a brave swimmer ...   For that read porky middle aged Brit who should know better ...    Resplendent in his baggy floral shorts, snorkel and mask.   The first wave gives him a wobble but he stoically stands his ground and turns to wave at the missus ...    The second wave bounces off his back ...   But unbeknownst to him a fookin great big one is following right behind ....    Wallop !!! ...   It knocks him over and he disappears in a cauldron of white foam ...   Then as the swell goes backwards up he pops in a couple of foot of water floundering about with his snorkel and mask gone forever ...   I'm already having a good snigger by now but when the poor sod gets hit by another big breaker and gets rolled over with his shorts round his ankles my belly laugh just bursts out ! ...     Got a light rebuke from Mrs CF but even she had a little titter.   Happy days !    :crylaugh:

lol

I had vision's of Steve Bruce in all his glory reading that :P

Image result for steve bruce holiday

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol

I had vision's of Steve Bruce in all his glory reading that :P

Image result for steve bruce holiday

Very close Muzzett ! ...   Just much louder shorts ....     Now imagine the prawn rolling around with a gob full of seawater and the shorts about 2 foot lower ....    :)

• Like 1