Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had the last 7 days off from work, as my daughter turned 4 on Wednesday just gone. She had her first horse riding lesson yesterday at Markfield Equestrian Centre, trouble is she just giggled when it came to trotting lol bless her (not that I have a clue when it comes to "hoss riding")

bloody expensive to do as well :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Had the last 7 days off from work, as my daughter turned 4 on Wednesday just gone. She had her first horse riding lesson yesterday at Markfield Equestrian Centre, trouble is she just giggled when it came to trotting lol bless her (not that I have a clue when it comes to "hoss riding")

bloody expensive to do as well :o

It's lovely that you took time off work to celebrate your daughter's birthday Bob. It's a special age and they grow up so quick. 

My 10 year old daughter has been bugging me for horse riding lessons for years. Some of her friends ride but having spoke to the parents, it sounds like it costs a fooking fortune! 

I'm trying to steer her towards less expensive hobbies, like swimming, dancing and athletics lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's lovely that you took time off work to celebrate your daughter's birthday Bob. It's a special age and they grow up so quick. 

My 10 year old daughter has been bugging me for horse riding lessons for years. Some of her friends ride but having spoke to the parents, it sounds like it costs a fooking fortune! 

I'm trying to steer her towards less expensive hobbies, like swimming, dancing and athletics lol

Don't blame you lol

put it this way just for an hour lesson with her 6 year old mate (friends daughter) we paid £42 for the lesson and you had to hire the protective hat aswell (another couple of quid) 

by the time we had bought some lunch and petrol etc etc it was the thick end of £100 :blink:

still good fun to be fair, but you know what I mean, bloody expensive lol 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 11:25, Alf Bentley said:

All the best to you and your betrothed for your future life Stateside.

I recognise those twin emotions. I'm sure the bricks will soon get smaller, but hopefully the excitement won't dissipate, just morph into contentment in due course.

I don't think that I regret any major, brick-shitting decisions I've made in life....only the odd one that I didn't make. Anyway, if you can cope with Korea, I'm sure you'll be fine over there.

Will you have to swear an oath of allegiance to your new president? :whistle:

We never did meet for that drink that we threatened to share a couple of years back, did we?

Drop a PM if/when you're back for visits, if you've nothing better to do with your time - and don't leave me isolated on here, to be crushed by the forces of reaction, will you? :D

Sorry for not responding to this until now Alf.

Thanks for the well wishes - I'm settling in well enough here, still astounded by a lot of stuff though! Good kind of astoundment - like lakes over a mile long that are called ponds and having some of the best pizza I've ever had.

I'll hopefully be back in the UK later this year, and when I am I'll definitely drop you a line! And I can assure you that events over here will certainly leave me busy on at least one thread on here!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Sorry for not responding to this until now Alf.

Thanks for the well wishes - I'm settling in well enough here, still astounded by a lot of stuff though! Good kind of astoundment - like lakes over a mile long that are called ponds and having some of the best pizza I've ever had.

I'll hopefully be back in the UK later this year, and when I am I'll definitely drop you a line! And I can assure you that events over here will certainly leave me busy on at least one thread on here!

Glad your time of change has started well. Change is good (mostly). It probably needs to happen a bit less frequently as you get older, but still needs to happen (talking about myself here - I need more change, not less!).

I look forward to reading your observations on American life - particularly under Trump. Yes, drop a line if you're back here at a loose end and fancy meeting up - but no need to feel obliged. Jabber on here has value, too. :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I'm settling in well enough here, still astounded by a lot of stuff though! Good kind of astoundment - like lakes over a mile long that are called ponds and having some of the best pizza I've ever had.

Good luck in the US :thumbup:

I think that's what amazes me the most about America, it's just so huge and geographically diverse. I was watching a BBC programme about the Wild West the other day and thought it'd be great to see the Great Basin and the like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Good luck in the US :thumbup:

I think that's what amazes me the most about America, it's just so huge and geographically diverse. I was watching a BBC programme about the Wild West the other day and thought it'd be great to see the Great Basin and the like.

Doing an extended tour of the USA remains my No. 1 ambition for the future (apart from obvious stuff like family).

I'd love to spend, say, 3 months travelling the USA - maybe planning it around a musical theme, as so much modern music originates in the USA (having seized earlier sources from Europe, Africa etc., of course, before someone challenges that).

I'd love to experience that vast range of landscapes, societies, people, music....and, health/life permitting, I fully intend to do it. :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Doing an extended tour of the USA remains my No. 1 ambition for the future (apart from obvious stuff like family).

I'd love to spend, say, 3 months travelling the USA - maybe planning it around a musical theme, as so much modern music originates in the USA (having seized earlier sources from Europe, Africa etc., of course, before someone challenges that).

I'd love to experience that vast range of landscapes, societies, people, music....and, health/life permitting, I fully intend to do it. :thumbup:

Camper van or Harley Alf ?

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Camper van or Harley Alf ?

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

DK. Would have to learn either. Not Harley at my age, I don't think.

Alternatively, there's Greyhound, Amtrak & thumb...

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Dont be boring ...    Ford Mustang and it's a deal !  :)

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I doubt that Greyhound & thumb would be boring. Might be fatal, but not boring. :D

Camper Van with canoe/mountain bikes, and head off into the wilderness regions would be my way.

Sorry, @Alf Bentley - I think we've gate-crashed your gig! lol

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Crap ! ...   Holiday over, packed and just about to have a ceaser salad and a beer while we wait for the taxi ....  :(

image.jpeg

Thanks for all the daily updates, stories, quotes, anecdotes and photo's of the holiday mate.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone in saying it felt like we were all right there with you both during the last two weeks lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanks for all the daily updates, stories, quotes, anecdotes and photo's of the holiday mate.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone in saying it felt like we were all right there with you both during the last two weeks lol

Cheers mate !   I think Mrs CF would agree with you as she is always telling me to put that bloody iPad down ! ....    

Joking apart she's had a great time after a particularly sh1te year health wise.

Taxiiii.  !!    We're off ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Cheers mate !   I think Mrs CF would agree with you as she is always telling me to put that bloody iPad down ! ....    

Joking apart she's had a great time after a particularly sh1te year health wise.

Taxiiii.  !!    We're off ...

You poor bastard back to cold miserable weather lol

Glad you enjoyed the trip. I could  use a trip to antigua or  trinidad right now :)

• Like 1

A tone pot will theoretically enable you to cut out some of the high end so it can give you some control over your tone. If it's set higher, more of the high frequencies are allowed through to amp hence brighter tone. If set lower, the higher frequencies will effectively be filtered out. You can have a perfectly workable guitar without one.