Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

12 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The fact that @Firegrande has shared his tea with us and your reply to it has provided the point you so search for, it seems. The burger in question has created shock and awe on this particular internet community as other burgers will give on other platforms, Instagram being the principle one. Just another victory got the culinary hipsters who have provided us with triple-fried chips, melting chocolate shells and roof tiles for dinner plates.

I've got no issue with triple fried chips tbh. Although anyone who knows what they're doing with a fryer shouldn't need the third fry. I like nice food. Melting chocolate shells sound alright, maybe a bit gimmicky but at the end of the day melted chocolate is a legitimate ingredient and adding a bit of theatre to your presentation is fine as long as the food remains the focus. Tall burgers though, just serve no purpose. If you can't get a burger in your mouth top to bottom then it's not a burger, it's a stack of food. A stack is a shit way to present food because it just falls over and all you're left with is a mess. You lose all the flavour and texture combinations, you lose all the feel and satisfaction of biting into a proper burger. Frankly it's a disgrace, an embarrassment to the burger profession and the only people who would enjoy such a monstrosity are those for whom the eating of the burger plays second fiddle to its instagram potential. Those people more focused on the superficial and the gimmicky; motivated only by the desire to gain some sort of recognition for having posted the picture - a desperation for a quick shot of gratification above all else. What you're really saying when you post a picture like that is, "I'm lost, I have no idea what my values are, I'm worried that I might be wasting my life but I'm desperate for that not to be the case. I'm trying to convince myself that my life is worthwhile; that i'm enjoying it; and that it means something. Please help me achieve that by providing some sort of positive response to this picture of a burger. I need to feel like I'm doing things correctly. Help me."

Edited by Barky

59 minutes ago, Firegrande said:

Blimey, I won't post any pictures of my meals again ?

If you ain't starting anti dog threads you're posting provocative pictures of massive whopper burgers ! ...     You're just a trouble maker Mr F ! ....    :angry:

Ban him !

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Well, I've just had a phone call from my customer. Now I've hung the paper they've decided that clunch doesn't go with it.

lol

Its ok farrow and ball only have about 3000 different shades of off white to choose from. Trial and error, you'll still be there in November :D

6 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

A feel woeful. Just so run down and weak. Exhaustion I think. 

I'd see your GP mate and get your bloods done. You might have a virus or be deficient in something. Or you might just be exhausted, in which case you know what to do! Hope you get better soon :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'd see your GP mate and get your bloods done. You might have a virus or be deficient in something. Or you might just be exhausted, in which case you know what to do! Hope you get better soon :thumbup:

Cheers man.

24 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I think you have caught the Morgan virus.

So it's gonna last approx 6 months?

bizarre yesterday. ordered some naughty gear on urban outfitters, everything kushty. went to check this morning where it was at cos next day delivery an ting, they've charged my card but there's no trace of the order either in my emails or on my urbanoutfitters account. vanished. says i have no orders to track and no order history. head's gone here. 

if they hadn't charged my card with the amount of the things i wanted to buy i'd have just assumed i dreamt the whole thing but it seems they've just made the whole thing vanish. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

bizarre yesterday. ordered some naughty gear on urban outfitters, everything kushty. went to check this morning where it was at cos next day delivery an ting, they've charged my card but there's no trace of the order either in my emails or on my urbanoutfitters account. vanished. says i have no orders to track and no order history. head's gone here. 

if they hadn't charged my card with the amount of the things i wanted to buy i'd have just assumed i dreamt the whole thing but it seems they've just made the whole thing vanish. 

<insert x-files theme music>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

<insert x-files theme music>

complete madness. this will be a youtube documentary one day tellin ya 

43 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Went to Barceloneta again last night, was ace. 

is that the gaff on queens road? belter there. 

The other day when I got back to my flat, the guy that owns the Indian below stopped me to complain about all the rubbish in front of the door. I agreed with him as it was pissing me off too, having to step over black bags to get in is not what I want to be doing. Anyway, it would appear the big notice on the inside that says rubbish is collected on Thursday so put it out Wednesday night is too difficult a concept for the other fellows that occupy the set of flats. Well I caught one of them in the act of putting their rubbish out, not on a Wednesday, and confronted him over it. He protested that he didn't know how things work in this country, despite the sign that you have to look at every time you leave/put the rubbish out. I eventually called him an obnoxious **** (mainly cos he was) and he returned to his flat with his bag in hand. Today I get a call off the lettings agent to warn me because I've had a complaint against me for harassment and if it was to happen again, I would be evicted. I get back today and some bellend has put their rubbish out without even putting it in a bag so we have a pile of tissues containing god knows what and all other crap just piled up in front of the door. Had to Colin Jackson it to get in.