Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I would usually get up around 13.30/14.00 so it wasn’t to bad. 

I am not a morning person at all, getting up at 5am was hell for me. People used to say it must be great finishing at 2. It was but I was bolloxed for the rest of the day and didn’t want to do anything.

I can relate to this too, in my current job I do all sorts of crap hours and sometimes have to be up at 4.30, as you say, the early finish is great but mostly all I do is snooze when I get home due to being knackered.

I always slept well when working nights. Thing is I tend to live off 6 hours sleep so I used to work 9:30pm-8am. I was back at the hotel, showered and asleep by 8:20 and set my alarm at 2:30pm. If I still felt tired I would go back sleep but I never did. I hated the idea of waking up and going straight work so having a good 7 hours before next shift started was great.

I have always been a good sleeper, I can go sleep instantly so nights were always never a problem. Guess im just lucky.

Trying to change your body clock before moving onto nights for me was a waste of time. Just sleep normal and on the first nightshift just soldier on and get through it. Then when you are home you are so shattered you will sleep anyway and then your body clock can change with ease. That's how I always did it which I always found was the best way. The one problem is meal times, that's the hard one to change your body for. Having 'Lunch' at 2:30am was the hardest thing for me.

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

When I was working nights the hardest part was 2am to 4am , no matter what you are doing your body is telling you it's time to sleep.

this is true like. especially when you get a break or don’t have much to do and you check your phone and obviously everyone is asleep. you refresh twitter/facebook and there’s no new stuff to read. you go on here and there’s no new posts. boredom is the hardest thing to stay awake through when you’re a bit tired. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

this is true like. especially when you get a break or don’t have much to do and you check your phone and obviously everyone is asleep. you refresh twitter/facebook and there’s no new stuff to read. you go on here and there’s no new posts. boredom is the hardest thing to stay awake through when you’re a bit tired. 

This post makes me chuckle, I worked for Toyota in Derby, they made sure you had no time for anything other than work. Speedo, speedo. 

Edited by joachim1965
just read post again and it said "when you get a break"

On 10/17/2017 at 11:35, Countryfox said:

Have ordered a beautiful set of knives and three have been made and are ready to collect (one, the most complex, to go) ...    have always wanted my own handmade set and a couple of months ago finally found someone whose skill was amazing ...    fully functional and absolute works of art.   For those interested they are all damascus steel (Thor pattern), razor sharp (3 x surgical), mosaic rivets, fossilised wooly mammoth handles and my initials on the blade and sheath.   Can't wait to pick em up !!  :)

@Buce  I have the knives and a pic as promised ..   these are the 2 that I will be using for carcass preparation on a regular basis ...   stunning.

The last one is still being worked on and wont be ready till after Christmas ...   that will be the bush knife and will be the best of the bunch.

IMG_2684.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

@Buce  I have the knives and a pic as promised ..   these are the 2 that I will be using for carcass preparation on a regular basis ...   stunning.

The last one is still being worked on and wont be ready till after Christmas ...   that will be the bush knife and will be the best of the bunch.

IMG_2684.JPG

Who did those for you CF? I imagine they were pricey?

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Who did those for you CF? I imagine they were pricey?

Emberleaf ...   and yes they would be quite expensive but I was well looked after by the two lads that run it ...    they are investments as well as being functional ...   they will restore and resharpen them every year for me. 

11 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Here’s my knives £8 from ikea. Great for cutting chicken breasts & vegetables. 

I was well looked after by Ikea as when they go blunt I can get rid of them and go and buy some more. 

F1383B2D-3FD0-4524-940A-2053CEB032EF.jpeg

Fook that. £8 and you'll throw them away? 

£7 for a decent, monkey simple sharpener on amazon. 

Saved ya a quid. And you can reuse it. :whistle:

39 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

IMG_2684.JPG

Well nice, mate.

Is it the mammoth tusk you're waiting on?

4 hours ago, Buce said:

Well nice, mate.

Is it the mammoth tusk you're waiting on?

They are all mammoth tusk and damascus ..   the bush knife will also have a complex pommel and file work all along the spine ...   family heirloom.

But probably not as good as Walshys and Webbos ....    :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

They are all mammoth tusk and damascus ..   the bush knife will also have a complex pommel and file work all along the spine ...   family heirloom.

But probably not as good as Walshys and Webbos ....    :) 

Are they any good at sharpening pencils?

• Haha 2

On 02/11/2017 at 17:03, The Doctor said:

Two years in my current job today. Not bad going given I got given my notice of redundancy four months in.

(It was withdrawn obviously, I've not just spent over a year and half sitting in the office while they wonder what I'm still doing here) 

Image result for george costanza

1 hour ago, Turbogre said:

Still hungover from the weekend.

Getting too old for this.

I’ve not been out drinking since the 23rd September. I’ve had the odd bottle of lager at home now & again but that’s it. 

I have enjoyed not waking up on a Sunday morning with a hangover and it ruining my day. It takes me until Tuesday/Wednesday now days to get over it.

9 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’ve not been out drinking since the 23rd September. I’ve had the odd bottle of lager at home now & again but that’s it. 

I have enjoyed not waking up on a Sunday morning with a hangover and it ruining my day. It takes me until Tuesday/Wednesday now days to get over it.

First time in a while I had been out, like you say it was enjoying waking up Sundays without a hangover, but went out for the Leicester game.

I think it's time to retire lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Countryfox said:

IMG_2684.JPG

Wow they are incredible, did you make them or purchase them?

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

That's top work. I posted in here a while back that I'm the classic "have a couple after work" almost everyday type, part and parcel of working in London. I've made a conscious effort to really cut down and have only drank twice in the last six weeks. I feel really good, the bank balance is better and I've shipped a few pounds. It does seem to take a lot longer to sink a pint now though lol.