Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just now, Strokes said:

Not got round to the headbutt yet, fair enough. Did you atleast headlock her and give her a friendly monkey scrub? How flexible was she?

If you're asking me if I think she can get her head in the sand I don't think she can, I can she can't. 

• Haha 2

Decided to change 2 radiators - no biggie. Drained the system and then changed the rads. 

For some reason I fully opened the drain valve from the rad that I was using to drain..and then proceeded to fill the system back up...

So, water all over the lounge floor, then...

Sprung a leak in one of the new rads so had to drain the system again, this time into buckets as I had already poured inhibitor in for the first refil and didn't want to waste it. 

Put dinner on, got distracted and water into buckets overflowed. Water all over the hall floor. 

Mopped that up and filled system again and child number 1 started yelling "the bathrooms flooding"

I hadn't even done any work in the bathroom, ffs. 

Perplexed I went to the bathroom to find  that child number 2 had decided to put the plug in the sink and leave the taps on...water all over the bathroom floor. 

Currently having a large glass of red wine with my wellies on :huh:

• Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 12:16, Wymeswold fox said:

Just signed on for the first time at the Job Centre.

Have kept the idea of going there as far away as possible but, after just over 3 months unemployed, felt like it was an option to take.

For some reason, going there makes me even more desperate to get something relevant - just makes me feel depressed and more stressed about the situation (feeling as if you're not good enough/being judged etc) to say the least..

Wouldn't say I'm having the time of my life, no.lol..

Not sure whether my application for benefits will be accepted as parents are very generous in terms of helping out at the moment when got nothing on, mortgage being paid etc, some savings etc.

I was just about to post in here about having "one of those days" at work and then saw this. Tbh I feel a bit selfish.

Hope you get something sorted soon mate :thumbup:. I found myself between jobs at the start of this year and can vouch for how crap it feels when you are able and willing but can't get over the line. Just have to keep plugging away, as cliché as that sounds.

• Thanks 1

Had a brilliant weekend in Swansea so thanks to Pyro and Sprout for the tickets ...   great trip down and found a lovely pub before the game ...   GREAT GAME !! ...   and a brilliant night out on the 'strip' in Swansea ..   those Welshies know how to have a good time !   Good weather on the beach to sober you up the next morning then a last session before coming home ...     one of my favourite away days.   :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Got my wage slip today, did 35 hours overtime last month and I've seen £90 out of it, the tax man can **** right off. 

Someone's gotta pay for mays brazillian wax job.

Edited by Jattdogg

Still in recovery from my stag do in Bristol at the weekend. Craic was great all round anyway but also...

One of the guys accidentally got an uber on Sat eve from Bristol to London.

One of the guys slept walked into the hotel kitchen.

One of the guys couldnt face a flight back home to Belfast so stayed an extra night.

All in all, absolutely loved my stag!

Genuinely asking for a friend here-

He married a bird 2 months ago. They’re now splitting up. She’s doing the dirty on him, has no job or any income whatsoever. She’s got him into an eye watering amount of debt with her gambling addiction. He pays for literally everything for her.

She says she wants to move out the home (she’s not on the mortgage/deeds) but refuses to have a council house (thinks she’s too good for that) 

because of her financial situation she needs a guarantor who’s a home owner. The problem is she doesn’t know anyone. The only person she can ask is her husband who rightly is saying ‘no chance’ as she’ll 10000% not make a payment and screw my mate over further

to make it all worse they’ve two kids in all this. my mates at breaking point, but I can’t see how he can make her leave. He could forcibly kick her out, but that’s not good for the kids, my mate would then end up having to look after them and quit work, which he can’t do because of all the debt she’s got him in!

my mates at breaking point 

Tough one Year Of The Fox. If I was your mate I would see his local Citizens Advice re: the debts she has racked up. They should certainly be able to help him moving forwards. As for the living situation the most important thing I'm sure they would both agree on is that the kids are looked after.

Does she have any family or friends she could move in with? Does he have family and friends who may be able to help in terms of childcare so he wouldn't have to give up his job?

Edited by srevell580

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Genuinely asking for a friend here-

He married a bird 2 months ago. They’re now splitting up. She’s doing the dirty on him, has no job or any income whatsoever. She’s got him into an eye watering amount of debt with her gambling addiction. He pays for literally everything for her.

She says she wants to move out the home (she’s not on the mortgage/deeds) but refuses to have a council house (thinks she’s too good for that) 

because of her financial situation she needs a guarantor who’s a home owner. The problem is she doesn’t know anyone. The only person she can ask is her husband who rightly is saying ‘no chance’ as she’ll 10000% not make a payment and screw my mate over further

to make it all worse they’ve two kids in all this. my mates at breaking point, but I can’t see how he can make her leave. He could forcibly kick her out, but that’s not good for the kids, my mate would then end up having to look after them and quit work, which he can’t do because of all the debt she’s got him in!

my mates at breaking point 

Does he need a new patio by any chance?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, srevell580 said:

Tough one Year Of The Fox. If I was your mate I would see his local Citizens Advice re: the debts she has racked up. They should certainly be able to help him moving forwards. As for the living situation the most important thing I'm sure they would both agree on is that the kids are looked after.

Does she have any family or friends she could move in with? Does he have family and friends who may be able to help in terms of childcare so he wouldn't have to give up his job?

I’ve told him to get onto CAB today.

Both of their families live out of walking distance from the lads’ schools. Her local mates have all fallen out with her too because of this  so she’s not getting any help from them either 

mad situation 

Went to a retirement do last night from when I worked in the bank 20 odd years ago .

must say it was fantastic to meet up with some old faces and I got a few compliments about how I always used to brighten peppy days by p!ssing about and I'm still the same.

Best thing is the hotel owner is an acquired taste and was also pissed.Falling over, interrupting speeches and videod one speech but had the camera facing him and then asked the lady retiring to do it again, whilst pawing her.She shoved him out of the way.

im still laughing today.At one point he was trying to do the limbo.It didn't end well.What a night!!!!

Today meeting up with my lad and mother at kelling Heath @unabomber

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

Does he need a new patio by any chance?

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Are you with West & West Construction Ltd?

Pulling, Strokes & Co., Alf.

This one he did for me has only been down a year:

Bones.JPG.e7883ed35ab58a8339b950ceca245edc.JPG

• Haha 1