Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

9 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's happening at Oxford Circus?..

Well, once again I made the mistake of checking Twitter about this.

Apparently it could be either:

A bomb

Gun shots

Gang related violence

A hostage situation in Selfridges

Fights between customers over Black Friday deals :huh:

So fvck knows really...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Well, once again I made the mistake of checking Twitter about this.

Apparently it could be either:

A bomb

Gun shots

Gang related violence

A hostage situation in Selfridges

Fights between customers over Black Friday deals :huh:

So fvck knows really...

You missed out my personal favourite:

HkPOzEH.jpg?1

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Congrats on the new job, what kind of projects are you going to be working on? Have you used any BIM/3D modelling stuff before or have you mostly been doing 2D stuff?

Going to be working for a Landscape Architecture company. Very different to the sort of stuff I've been doing (mostly 2D and isometric)

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Didn’t ask the resident clown 

Ignore him he is truly #pathetic

It's north of the centre mate, prob about a ten minute walk or you can get the train from Snow Hill station for about a quid return. There's some others round there that I've never been in that are meant to be decent too like the Pig and Tail and Rectory Bar. 

Fed up after a shite week at work, walked into town and it rained halfway there :colder:but was amused by a chalked sign in St.Martins square that said, ' Bombing for peace is like fuching for virginity' lol.

Loads of beggars in town, though one saw some police coming, packed up their stuff and caught a bus:dry:

9 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Fed up after a shite week at work, walked into town and it rained halfway there :colder:but was amused by a chalked sign in St.Martins square that said, ' Bombing for peace is like fuching for virginity' lol.

Loads of beggars in town, though one saw some police coming, packed up their stuff and caught a bus:dry:

Depressing to see so many people on the street. It's cold. It's dangerous. 

I had a thought the other day after kind of wanting to give a chap a fiver, but conflicted in case it was used for drugs...then conflicted for judging someone - by which point the moment had passed and I'd moved on. 

But he was still cold, hungry and homeless. 

I thought it would be good if you could purchase and then give some kind of tokens, to someone homeless, that can be redeemed for either food or shelter at a participating charity or hostel. 

May be a bit idealistic, but someone who needs it would get a bed and a meal - and I would feel that I'm doing a little bit of good. 

Do such things exist?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Milo said:

Depressing to see so many people on the street. It's cold. It's dangerous. 

I had a thought the other day after kind of wanting to give a chap a fiver, but conflicted in case it was used for drugs...then conflicted for judging someone - by which point the moment had passed and I'd moved on. 

But he was still cold, hungry and homeless. 

I thought it would be good if you could purchase and then give some kind of tokens, to someone homeless, that can be redeemed for either food or shelter at a participating charity or hostel. 

May be a bit idealistic, but someone who needs it would get a bed and a meal - and I would feel that I'm doing a little bit of good. 

Do such things exist?

There was a big issue seller who collected tokens that allowed him a hot coffee or drink, do not know how it worked exactly, just noticed it last year whilst talking to him.

There is a guy who has set up home on some steps along Vaughan Way, been there for months now so can only assume the peeps that own the building do not mind?

Edited by ithuriel

Sad start ...   been wondering where the beautiful buzzard that drops into the field behind my house has got to ...   normally pops by to hoover up any squirrels i leave out for him.     As they have no natural predators I think a local farmer has been a bit naughty.   Found him laying in a field close by.

IMG_2733.jpg

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Sad start ...   been wondering where the beautiful buzzard that drops into the field behind my house has got to ...   normally pops by to hoover up any squirrels i leave out for him.     As they have no natural predators I think a local farmer has been a bit naughty.   Found him laying in a field close by.

IMG_2733.jpg

Did you at least do the respectful thing and take it home to make a curry?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1