Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I went to Ferrari Land in Salou a couple of weeks back. It was a bit crap.

This one was ok, not that big, did it in 3 hours.  Good thing it wasn't busy and was easy to get on the rides etc.  Food and drink prices were reasonable.

They had this 'festival of lights' thing going on, with a Diwali theme.  They totally messed up the cultures, they had a Sikh bhangra routine to a walking Hindu idol, it was so weird...

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

This one was ok, not that big, did it in 3 hours.  Good thing it wasn't busy and was easy to get on the rides etc.  Food and drink prices were reasonable.

They had this 'festival of lights' thing going on, with a Diwali theme.  They totally messed up the cultures, they had a Sikh bhangra routine to a walking Hindu idol, it was so weird...

3 hours was about right, not many rides and most of them were similar to ones you could find next door in Portaventura.

21 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Not bad, just been to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi, and had a lovely meal at the marina

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I went to Ferrari Land in Salou a couple of weeks back. It was a bit crap.

You wait till you try Skodaland in Skeggy.

• Haha 3

Had a great day yesterday, we had organised a Trivia Night to raise funds for our animal rescue group. We had a great turn out, (95% sold). Raised more than we expected and everyone had a terrific time. It was exhausting aspecially for those that did most of the setup work... I MC'd and have to say thanks to Foxestalk and especially @Izzy Muzzett as i used quite  number of the "jokes" from this site.

To be fair i did warn the audience that there were going to be "Bad and Dad jokes"... and groaning is a kind of laughing right?

Anyway, we raised some good money and so we have halved out Vet Debts :)

Edit, also thanks to @notnow john for the Baguette joke, which i loved.. and used to kick off the "festivities"

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Had a great day yesterday, we had organised a Trivia Night to raise funds for our animal rescue group. We had a great turn out, (95% sold). Raised more than we expected and everyone had a terrific time. It was exhausting aspecially for those that did most of the setup work... I MC'd and have to say thanks to Foxestalk and especially @Izzy Muzzett as i used quite  number of the "jokes" from this site.

To be fair i did warn the audience that there were going to be "Bad and Dad jokes"... and groaning is a kind of laughing right?

Anyway, we raised some good money and so we have halved out Vet Debts :)

That's it buggered for next year then...

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I tripped on Saturday and smashed my face, has anyone else badly split their lip before and how long did it take to heal? 

Yeah i had to get mine stiched up after a scrap (long time ago :ph34r:). It was a good few weeks until i ate salt and vinegar crisps, thats about as much as I can tell you. 

• Haha 1

On 30/10/2017 at 18:02, Wookie said:

I tripped on Saturday and smashed my face, has anyone else badly split their lip before and how long did it take to heal? 

I absolutely smashed mine in NYE 2012/13, woke up new years day with a ridiculously swollen Pete Burns gob and chipped tooth. Luckily I was at uni so on holidays and didn't have to speak to anyone or leave the house aha. Swelling went down in a few days, the split and scabs probably about a fortnight. Keep drinking water and don't pick or aggravate it, I found that helped.

In the mean time "YOU SHOULD SEE THE OTHER GUY AMIRITELADS"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I absolutely smashed mine in NYE 2012/13, woke up new years day with a ridiculously swollen Pete Burns gob and chipped tooth. Luckily I was at uni so on holidays and didn't have to speak to anyone or leave the house aha. Swelling went down in a few days, the split and scabs probably about a fortnight. Keep drinking water and don't pick or aggravate it, I found that helped.

In the mean time "YOU SHOULD SEE THE OTHER GUY AMIRITELADS"

I did the exact same, I’ve probably not been drinking enough water as I keep spilling it haha because of my lip so will take that onboard, cheers.