Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Two years in my current job today. Not bad going given I got given my notice of redundancy four months in.

(It was withdrawn obviously, I've not just spent over a year and half sitting in the office while they wonder what I'm still doing here) 

lol that would have been a better story.

On 02/11/2017 at 09:03, The Doctor said:

Two years in my current job today. Not bad going given I got given my notice of redundancy four months in.

(It was withdrawn obviously, I've not just spent over a year and half sitting in the office while they wonder what I'm still doing here) 

Just appreciate that you're in one.

Not nice regularly looking and not getting much progress, whilst some doubts about value etc comes into the mindset over some time.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not nice regularly looking and not getting much progress, whilst some doubts about value etc comes into the mindset over some time.

Still struggling to find something, huh?   Not gonna patronise you with an "I know you'll find something" but hang in there pal and try not to dip into the savings too much, you'll only regret it if the barren spell lasts longer than you expect.  Did you have any luck with getting a work coach? Either way I hope it works out for you sooner rather than later, these periods between jobs get very frustrating and make for a lot of anxiety.

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I got a hair cut, watched our game which I thought was a good performance, got a little wavey and went to watch some fireworks. Had an unexpected ride on a small roller-coaster. 

Can't complain! 

Yeah but was it a real roller-coaster or was you just trippin? :D

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I remember job hunting well, and crippling self-doubt is an old drinking buddy of mine - just because I don't post in the depression thread (I'm going to stick to suppressing everything, lashing out on the guitar and occasionally staying up to 2AM staring at the ceiling and hating everything about myself) doesn't mean I don't understand.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 09:03, The Doctor said:

maxresdefault.jpg

(You won't get it unless you've seen the movie Office Space) lol

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Still struggling to find something, huh?   Not gonna patronise you with an "I know you'll find something" but hang in there pal and try not to dip into the savings too much, you'll only regret it if the barren spell lasts longer than you expect.  Did you have any luck with getting a work coach? Either way I hope it works out for you sooner rather than later, these periods between jobs get very frustrating and make for a lot of anxiety.

They went through my CV and suggested minor tweaks etc, which I did.

They've also checked what I've put in some recent applications and she thought I do them very well.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

They went through my CV and suggested minor tweaks etc, which I did.

They've also checked what I've put in some recent applications and she thought I do them very well.

Great news, keep up the good (search for) work. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

My son's left home

Today I started cleaning up their rooms, to say it was the most pleasant job would be a lie.

I posted a picture of a messy bedroom............. I can only say the picture is half decent in comparison to what I'm dealing with

image.png.44b1adb2a1ba187fccd93581c2335d6b.png

Looks like its going to be a long week or so....... So my days been crap sorting out crap    :angry:   

Edited by Chico1958

54 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Got my first night shift tonight. Been trying to adjust my sleep pattern the last 5 days or so and I've been getting to 3am and nodding off. Can't say I'm looking forward to it 

Good luck with that, what are you doing?

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Got my first night shift tonight. Been trying to adjust my sleep pattern the last 5 days or so and I've been getting to 3am and nodding off. Can't say I'm looking forward to it 

Doesn't matter how you try to adjust, your body can't do it. You will sleep like shit during the day and be permanently tired. I did 6 years and wouldn't do them again no matter how much I was paid.

Been indiscriminately letting off rockets in the garden for entertainment between watching today's matches. Filmed one in slo-mo and it resembles a North Korean missile test . Some if them are so large that the remain intact. Watching the footage they nosedive back to earth from around three hundred feet and with the plastic nosecones look like they are honing in on a target. Realise from watching this, they could easily take out a greenhouse or crack a conservatory or actually cause harm if they landed on your head. 

I've always loved fireworks since a kid. Like confectionary to me. Also, like chocolate, they have been emasculated since the 70s and 80s. Back then an individual bespoke one was like a thermonuclear weapon. Even the garden packs were like operation desert storm. Most of them now are little more than magnesium fizzles with a sprinkle of lithium salts for colouring and the explosive power of a party popper.

Watched the racecourse display from the park last night - very impressive. Really, bonfire night should be on the 4th because that was the evening that Fawkes entered the cellar. He was apprehended just after midnight so we celebrate it in the 5th because that night the celebratory bonfires were lit to mark the foiling of the plot and the deliverance of the King. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

Doesn't matter how you try to adjust, your body can't do it. You will sleep like shit during the day and be permanently tired. I did 6 years and wouldn't do them again no matter how much I was paid.

i get better and more sleep doing nights than days because there’s nothing to stay up for and nothing to wake up for. just sleep from the end of your shift until you’re not tired anymore. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i get better and more sleep doing nights than days because there’s nothing to stay up for and nothing to wake up for. just sleep from the end of your shift until you’re not tired anymore. 

Best sleep I had is on nights. 

I actually asked to go on permanent nights, no better feeling getting in bed at 6.30am when it’s pitch black, cold & rainy outside.

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Best sleep I had is on nights. 

I actually asked to go on permanent nights, no better feeling getting in bed at 6.30am when it’s pitch black, cold & rainy outside.

Doing night shifts in the winter is the absolute pits though, you don’t see any daylight until the weekend. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

If you can sleep during the day that's fine, but I used to be absolutely bolloxed when I got home from work but soon as I got into bed I just couldn't sleep properly and as a result felt tired all the time. If nights work for you then great, but I hated them with a passion.

I couldn't stand nights for exactly that reason. I just couldn't sleep well during the day.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Doing night shifts in the winter is the absolute pits though, you don’t see any daylight until the weekend. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

I would usually get up around 13.30/14.00 so it wasn’t to bad. 

I am not a morning person at all, getting up at 5am was hell for me. People used to say it must be great finishing at 2. It was but I was bolloxed for the rest of the day and didn’t want to do anything.