Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Them's some beautiful knives @Countryfox, I'm jealous, it would be a shame to actually use them.

That said, a pedant might raise issue with using the term "Damascus" to describe modern, pattern-welded steel. :whistle: (Before you get angry at me please remember how much of a shame it would be to use them.)

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Them's some beautiful knives @Countryfox, I'm jealous, it would be a shame to actually use them.

That said, a pedant might raise issue with using the term "Damascus" to describe modern, pattern-welded steel. :whistle: (Before you get angry at me please remember how much of a shame it would be to use them.)

I remember in a discussion about stabbings you said that most kitchen knives would be too blunt to cause serious injury or something along those knives, a knife fell out of the draw yesterday and narrowly missed my foot and it had stuck in the kitchen floor, definitely sharp enough to hurt :sweating:

I'll be seeing Dean and Joel in a couple of weeks and will get their opinion on Damascus ...   what they don't know about steel and knives aint worth knowing ...   and they both know how to use them having taught survival skills in the army ..    it should be interesting to hear what they say ...  they just look bloody lovely to me !! ...   and are as sharp as fook !! ...     I'll let you know what they think.  (I've no idea  :)).

They have assured me if I take them back every now and then they will restore the knives to 'as new' ...    (fingers crossed  :thumbup:) ...   so use them I will !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I'll be seeing Dean and Joel in a couple of weeks and will get their opinion on Damascus ...   what they don't know about steel and knives aint worth knowing ...   and they both know how to use them having taught survival skills in the army ..    it should be interesting to hear what they say ...  they just look bloody lovely to me !! ...   and are as sharp as fook !! ...     I'll let you know what they think.  (I've no idea  :)).

They have assured me if I take them back every now and then they will restore the knives to 'as new' ...    (fingers crossed  :thumbup:) ...   so use them I will !

Don't get me wrong it's extremely high quality stuff, I'm just saying that what's sold as "Damascus" today isn't the same as the original stuff, just extremely similar.  I imagine Dean and Joel can probably go into far greater depth on it than I could though lol 

• Like 1

Terrible.

Someone foreign hacked into my Paypal account, and used my bank account details.

A few hundred has gone. Card now cancelled of course, but have no clue how this has happened tbh..

Fraud team at bank obviously informed.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

40 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Terrible.

Someone foreign hacked into my Paypal account, and used my bank account details.

A few hundred has gone. Card now cancelled of course, but have no clue how this has happened tbh..

Bloody hell Wymes, sorry to hear that. Hope they catch the bastard(s).

Bloody hell Wymes, sorry to hear that. Hope they catch the bastard(s).

Got refunded an hour ago. Just over £400 back with the below message via email.

Thank you for contacting us today. We can confirm that your refund is being processed and your card has been cancelled.

We thought you might like to know what happens next:

When will you see a refund?

Your refund will appear in your account by 6pm on the day your fraudulent transaction debits. If you raised your case after 4.30pm the refund will appear by 10am the following day.

If the disputed payment(s) are pending, you will be refunded by 6pm on the day that the transaction(s) debits the account.

When will you receive your new card?

You will receive your new debit card within the next 4-6 days. It will already be active with the same PIN, unless you have requested otherwise.

Boost your online defences with Rapport

To help protect you when you're online, download our free security software. Rapport protects you by:

• Shielding your Digital Banking details from prying eyes
  • Protecting your card details when shopping online
  • Protecting your personal details, even if your computer has a virus

It works with your current antivirus software, by identifying and removing malware from your computer, and also keeping you secure online by detecting phishing websites.

Download Rapport today

Need any further assistance?

If you need any further assistance with anything else regarding your call today, please call us free on 0800 161 5152, select option 3 and we will be happy to help.'

I rarely use PayPal; the last time I used it was to donate to this forum last week and the last and first transaction before that on that site was in May.

Not sure how I can protect myself against being a hacking victim, especially when I thought my details would be secure via a US firm giant? Out of the blue, certainly.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Got refunded an hour ago. Just over £400 back with the below message via email.

Thank you for contacting us today. We can confirm that your refund is being processed and your card has been cancelled.

We thought you might like to know what happens next:

When will you see a refund?

Your refund will appear in your account by 6pm on the day your fraudulent transaction debits. If you raised your case after 4.30pm the refund will appear by 10am the following day.

If the disputed payment(s) are pending, you will be refunded by 6pm on the day that the transaction(s) debits the account.

When will you receive your new card?

You will receive your new debit card within the next 4-6 days. It will already be active with the same PIN, unless you have requested otherwise.

Boost your online defences with Rapport

To help protect you when you're online, download our free security software. Rapport protects you by:

• Shielding your Digital Banking details from prying eyes
  • Protecting your card details when shopping online
  • Protecting your personal details, even if your computer has a virus

It works with your current antivirus software, by identifying and removing malware from your computer, and also keeping you secure online by detecting phishing websites.

Download Rapport today

Need any further assistance?

If you need any further assistance with anything else regarding your call today, please call us free on 0800 161 5152, select option 3 and we will be happy to help.'

I rarely use PayPal; the last time I used it was to donate to this forum last week and the last and first transaction before that on that site was in May.

Not sure how I can protect myself against being a hacking victim, especially when I thought my details would be secure via a US firm giant? Out of the blue, certainly.

I honestly think that the bad guys are just always one step ahead and the IT world is permanently playing catch up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livid said:

I honestly think that the bad guys are just always one step ahead and the IT world is permanently playing catch up.

Absolutely, unfortunately.

-

There's more breakthrough/development:

I had to cancel 2 orders via eBay the fraudster tried to buy through my now-unusable bank card details, via contacting the product seller - who has informed me that he has actually located the fraudster's address (Leicester) and he's now been blacklisted from the site.

I've, obviously, informed RBS, they've put the fraudster's address onto their system for their Investigations Team to investigate. So the person responsible has been found out I hope now..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Terrible.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Absolutely, unfortunately.

-

There's more breakthrough/development:

I had to cancel 2 orders via eBay the fraudster tried to buy through my now-unusable bank card details, via contacting the product seller - who has informed me that he has actually located the fraudster's address (Leicester) and he's now been blacklisted from the site.

I've, obviously, informed RBS, they've put the fraudster's address onto their system for their Investigations Team to investigate. So the person responsible has been found out I hope now..

All these bloody foreigners coming to Leicester.

2 minutes ago, red5 said:

All these bloody foreigners coming to Leicester.

The person in question had been using a non-English name after purchase history checks against their account.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Having a big night out with the family tonight as come into a nice little windfall ...     table booked at a fantastic (and very expensive) restaurant in town using my assumed name of Abu ben Yusuf Kingston Zyraschion ....

I'm in the moneyyyy !!! ....   I'm in the moneyyyy   !!!   ....:)

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Shitty day, shitty year tbh.

Roll on 2018

Hopefully all your shite luck is done with in 2017 Col and next year is a fresh start for you. 

Chin up mate, onwards and upwards :thumbup:

On a training course for work tomorrow and Friday, near Slough. So booked a hotel in St Albans for tonight to get a little head start. Left work early today, got a hire car via work and currently waiting for my dinner. Far too south for me already though ;) 

55 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

On a training course for work tomorrow and Friday, near Slough. So booked a hotel in St Albans for tonight to get a little head start. Left work early today, got a hire car via work and currently waiting for my dinner. Far too south for me already though ;) 

:D St Albans is nice.

Slough, not so nice...

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sounds very David Brent 

• Like 3