Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Yesterday was a shit!

ive sufffered with my back over the years quite badly, but since I got a dog a few years back I have had no problems at all.

Usually get some niggles before the old" I can't breath, feel like I'm gunna shite myself "twang.Put this down to strengthening with 2 walks a day.

yesterday no warning was in the middle of nowhere and it went,by the afternoon I couldn't put my right foot in front of me.

Rhis can last weeks.

woke up this morning and it's sore but not too bad.Never this good after a short space of time.

Anyone who suffers knows these things grind you down,I'm chuffed today.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

picked up a cold overnight yesterday. started coughing up little bits of blood. Should I be concerned?

(For those that care, it's not shingles)

How bad is your throat? Might have aggravated it hence the small bits of blood.

See how it goes. Might be worth calling your GP now to make a booking for a fortnights time :ph34r:

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

How bad is your throat? Might have aggravated it hence the small bits of blood.

See how it goes. Might be worth calling your GP now to make a booking for a fortnights time :ph34r:

bit sore.

it's happened before last year between June and September. After going to the docs about 3/4 times in that time, I ended up having an endoscopy which is one of the most unpleasant things to experience. In a way, I found it unfortunate that they didn't find something because then there's no reason given why I'm coughing stuff up. On the flipside, the didn't find anything so can't be anything obvious!

We agreed to buy a house nearly 10 weeks ago and still no date to complete yet. We're hoping to move before Christmas but I've got a feeling the people we're buying from are dragging their feet because they don't want to move until afterwards.

35 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We agreed to buy a house nearly 10 weeks ago and still no date to complete yet. We're hoping to move before Christmas but I've got a feeling the people we're buying from are dragging their feet because they don't want to move until afterwards.

Are you moving far, Webbo?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

About 10 minutes walk away. Not that far really.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

What's the delay? Does Keith know your moving?

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

About 10 minutes walk away. Not that far really.

If it's near the Hobby Horse restaurant side, I'd suggest placing strong security measures on your property - as there's been quite a few thefts from both houses and vehicle cases on that side.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1

On 26/11/2017 at 06:31, Milo said:

Depressing to see so many people on the street. It's cold. It's dangerous. 

I had a thought the other day after kind of wanting to give a chap a fiver, but conflicted in case it was used for drugs...then conflicted for judging someone - by which point the moment had passed and I'd moved on. 

But he was still cold, hungry and homeless. 

I thought it would be good if you could purchase and then give some kind of tokens, to someone homeless, that can be redeemed for either food or shelter at a participating charity or hostel. 

May be a bit idealistic, but someone who needs it would get a bed and a meal - and I would feel that I'm doing a little bit of good. 

Do such things exist?

I often had that concern but now ive decided, who am i to chose what others should spend on?

My gift is to them to do what they need to do with it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If it's near the Hobby Horse restaurant side, I'd suggest placing strong security measures on your property - as there's been quite a few thefts from both houses and vehicle cases on that side.

We're moving from there,not because of security, to just off Wolsey Way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I often had that concern but now ive decided, who am i to chose what others should spend on?

My gift is to them to do what they need to do with it.

Kinda, but...

I've had my house burgled twice, once definitely by junkies and the second time 'probably' by Junkies (so said the boys in blue, and who am I to argue).

So...I'm happy to help someone who needs it - but not if it directly impacts on me to the point where my house is being robbed. :(

As my OP says - bit of a conflict. The person I was about to give a tenner to may very well have absolutely no interest in drugs, or they might be smacked up as often as they can - which I don't really want to contribute to (for a variety of reasons, not just the one above). Anyway, by the time I've internalised all of this, the moment has generally passed and I end up doing nothing.

All power to you for being more altruistic, decisive and less judgemental than me.

6 minutes ago, Milo said:

Kinda, but...

I've had my house burgled twice, once definitely by junkies and the second time 'probably' by Junkies (so said the boys in blue, and who am I to argue).

So...I'm happy to help someone who needs it - but not if it directly impacts on me to the point where my house is being robbed. :(

As my OP says - bit of a conflict. The person I was about to give a tenner to may very well have absolutely no interest in drugs, or they might be smacked up as often as they can - which I don't really want to contribute to (for a variety of reasons, not just the one above). Anyway, by the time I've internalised all of this, the moment has generally passed and I end up doing nothing.

All power to you for being more altruistic, decisive and less judgemental than me.

Alternately, im just lazier than you :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

Kinda, but...

Or you could look at it like this: if you give him a tenner, that's one less house he needs to burgle this week, one less old lady to rob. Because, trust me, if they really are drug addicts, they are gonna score tonight, one way or another.

Personally, my way of helping is to take them to a nearby café and buy them a meal (tbh, I've only done this three times). That's not me judging their habit, it's directing help in the most useful way, imo, because a junkie won't spend a penny on food himself.