Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

My daughters birthday yesterday. 13 yr old. I officially have a teenage daughter. God help me.

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

My daughter turned 13 a few weeks ago too.

This is pretty much bang on lol

My daughter turns 13 too in a couple of weeks, we already call her Kevin! Apparently I'm 'peak' when it comes to most things. And it's not a compliment. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

My daughter turns 13 too in a couple of weeks, we already call her Kevin! Apparently I'm 'peak' when it comes to most things. And it's not a compliment. 

My eldest will be 13 on Christmas Day. Though she has been acting like a typical teen for at least the last 12 months anyway! The youngest has not long turned 11, and she is already showing the signs of turning into Kevin as well! 

God help us all

On 24/10/2019 at 08:25, kingcarr21 said:

My daughters birthday yesterday. 13 yr old. I officially have a teenage daughter. God help me.

On 24/10/2019 at 08:43, Izzy said:

My daughter turned 13 a few weeks ago too.

21 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Was there some sort of cause celebration 9 months before this time 13 years ago?

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Haha 1

Not sure where to post this, it is linked to my working day so why not on this thread? lol

So, I work for a quick service restaurant chain (office based side of the company, not working in store) and i'm sitting to myself baffled at the fact there is a particular store in Sheffield who's toilet seat is stolen every two weeks or so. They're now on their 8th order in 3 months. - Yes, they've even screwed the seat down but the tramps still seem undeterred and rip it straight off. No, we can't lock the toilet either as it's for the public to use, we're signed up to a council scheme. 

Anyway, my day is going fine but I can't help but think... what the f**k is wrong with some people?! What could these people possibly want with a used, germ ridden toilet seat? 

Anyone have any ideas 'cause I'm all for hearing them...

4 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Was there some sort of cause celebration 9 months before this time 13 years ago?

Just had a look to see if there was any LCFC glory to celebrate around Dec 2005-Jan. 2006.....

Consolatory displacement activity is my theory.....or relief after the QPR match?

3 December 2005 Leeds United A 1-2 21,402 Guðjónsson (pen)
9 December 2005 Stoke City A 2-3 11,129 Guðjónsson, Hammond
17 December 2005 Crewe Alexandra H 1-1 24,873 Hume
26 December 2005 Millwall H 1-1 22,520 Guðjónsson (pen)
28 December 2005 Reading A 0-2 22,061  
31 December 2005 Norwich City H 0-1 21,072  
2 January 2006 Crystal Palace A 0-2 20,089  
14 January 2006 Sheffield Wednesday A 1-2 25,398 Stearman
21 January 2006 Cardiff City H 1-2 20,140 Fryatt
24 January 2006 Plymouth Argyle A 0-1 12,591  
31 January 2006 Queens Park Rangers A 3-2 11,785 Fryatt, Stearman, Hughes

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I was up at Glenfield Hospital today, doing pre-admission stuff prior to a heart procedure in November. A catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm), to be specific.

Involves sticking a catheter into a vein in the groin, feeding it up to the ticker, possibly burning a bit of heart muscle in one chamber.

Then probably feeding it through into another chamber & freezing more heart muscle around the 4 veins from the lungs.

The aim of the burning & freezing is to create scar tissue to block dodgy electrical circuits. All done with heavy sedation, not general anaesthetic.

Had a similar thing done for atrial flutter (slightly different) in 2016. Only likely to be kept in for 1 night, then a few days home rest. 

The odds seem pretty good: 60-70% they sort the problem short/medium-term; 99% it returns in long-term; 2% serious complications; 1% stroke; 0.2% death...

Still a bit sobering to think I'll be walking into hospital with a 10 times greater chance of dying than the bookies offered on LCFC 2016.

In event of the worst, I'd like to make it known that I WOULD like you to take the piss out of me in the Deathlist 2019 thread. :thumbup:

Consider it done. :D

Although I'll admit Alf, I hope it won't be needed. Good luck with your opp. :fc:

• Haha 1

All the best @Alf Bentley - it's a very good hospital from my experience recently.

"One day you're Alf Bentley, next day you're gone gently" - you'll be fine though. 

I'm just down the road so if you do need anything, even if it's just a morning paper, give me a shout.

Edited by MattP

55 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

Not sure where to post this, it is linked to my working day so why not on this thread? lol

So, I work for a quick service restaurant chain (office based side of the company, not working in store) and i'm sitting to myself baffled at the fact there is a particular store in Sheffield who's toilet seat is stolen every two weeks or so. They're now on their 8th order in 3 months. - Yes, they've even screwed the seat down but the tramps still seem undeterred and rip it straight off. No, we can't lock the toilet either as it's for the public to use, we're signed up to a council scheme. 

Anyway, my day is going fine but I can't help but think... what the f**k is wrong with some people?! What could these people possibly want with a used, germ ridden toilet seat? 

I'd love to help, but there's nothing to go on.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, E.Rose said:

Maybe CCTV could flush out the perpetrators? I hope it all pans out for you, anyway 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I was up at Glenfield Hospital today, doing pre-admission stuff prior to a heart procedure in November. A catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm), to be specific.

Involves sticking a catheter into a vein in the groin, feeding it up to the ticker, possibly burning a bit of heart muscle in one chamber.

Then probably feeding it through into another chamber & freezing more heart muscle around the 4 veins from the lungs.

The aim of the burning & freezing is to create scar tissue to block dodgy electrical circuits. All done with heavy sedation, not general anaesthetic.

Had a similar thing done for atrial flutter (slightly different) in 2016. Only likely to be kept in for 1 night, then a few days home rest. 

The odds seem pretty good: 60-70% they sort the problem short/medium-term; 99% it returns in long-term; 2% serious complications; 1% stroke; 0.2% death...

Still a bit sobering to think I'll be walking into hospital with a 10 times greater chance of dying than the bookies offered on LCFC 2016.

In event of the worst, I'd like to make it known that I WOULD like you to take the piss out of me in the Deathlist 2019 thread. :thumbup:

Don't worry Alf ...   you'll be fine ...   I think they big up the odds to cover their backs ...  when Mrs CF went in they told her there was a VERY good chance she wouldn't make it ...   but she did !! ....   like I said, arse covering ...   :)

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

good luck with the op mate, but could you tell me whichh bookies are offering those ods? i missed out in 2016. thanks

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Beliall said:

good luck with the op mate, but could you tell me whichh bookies are offering those ods? i missed out in 2016. thanks

Can't remember if it was Joe Coronary, Heartbrokes or Scar Bet.

They had some good in-play bets, though, so you can bank your winnings if the surgeon's hand starts looking shaky. :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E.Rose said:

The Graduate? Sorry mate.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'd take those odds mate :thumbup:

My old man had some heart ops at Glenfield a while ago and they're bloody amazing people there - you're in great hands.

Stay positive Alf and I'm sure you'll be fine. The fact you can still have a laugh and take the piss in these circumstances is great testament to your outlook on life.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Good luck to you sir,I’m sure it will be fine.

Before you go in,could you change your user name for better rhyming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Just got out from spending one week in jail. Maplehurst since I know @Jattdogg would ask.

Worst place and worst week ever.

Great to be home cept I have to sort live here in my home and at my sister's as part of my release.

I will tell more when I can.

Jesus mate thats literally a 5 minute drive from my house. I always drive past it if im going for a Harveys telling the kids bad people live there lol.

Hope you sort your shite out mate. People deserve  a second chance for minor crimes etc.

Edited by Jattdogg

20 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Jesus mate thats literally a 5 minute drive from my house. I always drive past it if im going for a Harveys telling the kids bad people live there lol.

Hope you sort your shite out mate. People deserve  a second chance for minor crimes etc.

Thank you.

Spent the first couple nights sharing a cell with a very large fella from China. He stabbed his wife to death. He felt like I peeled clementines too loud, Needless to say, I had to find a new location.

So happy when my sister showed up today. Couldn't get release without "assurity". I'll be splitting time now between my home and hers.

9 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

In 13 years and 9 months from tonight's match, I wonder if dozens of FT posters will be discussing the coincidence of them all having 13-year-old children? 

• Haha 2