Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 08/09/2007 at 20:18, DB11 said:

I learnt that one lie leads to a whole web of lies and you can't get out of it.

I also learnt that if you tell the truth you also get in trouble.

It's actually driving me crazy... :unsure:

So, 12 years after the event, did you confess your affair to your partner - and how did it all work out in the end? :whistle:

On 08/09/2007 at 20:32, DB11 said:

I was supposed to referee a game at Beaumont Town but the parents and coaches are quite abusive so, as this is my first season and I am only 14, my dad didn't want me to referee it, thus I had to decline the appointment to that game.

I then got an email saying that I said I was available for that date and it reflects badly on me as a referee etc. so I replied saying that I thought I had said I was unavailable for that date (which was half right as I'd not ticked I was available for the league just this is the county FA so they don't see that card where you tick when you are available) so I said I was unavailable as I had to go to out (again - half right because I do just I could still have made the game.)

He then asked for the list of dates when I am unavailable and I told him and I said that it was because I have said that I am available to referee down Leics. Academy. Little did I know that I had actually listed the date that I said I was unavailable for the cup game :doh:He then got on the phone to the people down at Leics. Academy who deal with referee's and had a word with him and he said that I'd said I was available down there for that date.

He then decided to ring me. He said he felt like he was being run around etc. and the County FA games come above any games down at the academy (which I disagree with as my list of prioritys differ; I'd rather do the Academy games :cool:)So then I ended up telling the truth about I was available I just didn't want to do Beaumont Town and he sounded annoyed that I hadn't told him that in the first place but he did give me another game. Just he sounded very displeased with his tone of voice.

Me going down the Academy meant I had actually cut a lot of corners to get down there as my Dad knows the people so I think that me ending up telling the truth will have cost me my place down the academy.

So I lied and got a bit iffy as he was really peed off with me etc. and I told the truth and now I feel I might have lost my place at the academy.

Why would I lie? :mellow:

Oh! I see that I was misreading the situation......

From 14-year-old referee to 26-year-old forum moderator, eh? You were clearly always destined to be a figure of authority! :D

(I'm going for the forum record for latest ever reply here!)

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

So, 12 years after the event, did you confess your affair to your partner - and how did it all work out in the end? :whistle:

Oh! I see that I was misreading the situation......

From 14-year-old referee to 26-year-old forum moderator, eh? You were clearly always destined to be a figure of authority! :D

(I'm going for the forum record for latest ever reply here!)

lollol Oh 14 year old me - I'm sure my posts from that age on here are awful. And haha you could say that

• Like 1

@DB11 I think I know which Beaumont Town team you were on about there - I used to referee around Leicester at that time too. I also used to referee at the academy a bit as well and loved it. I did Birmingham V City Under 11s. They were all quality (but they knew it, even at that age) and I got given a bottle green referees shirt because BC were wearing black....

I felt and looked like Mike Riley...

I quit not long after.

12 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I am currently sitting in court. Decided to represent myself, which went over with the Judge like a lead balloon lol

A mental health worker has offered me help and the option of going through mental court. She's really pretty, so I said "yes please" to that :blush:

Good luck buddy.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I am currently sitting in court. Decided to represent myself, which went over with the Judge like a lead balloon lol

A mental health worker has offered me help and the option of going through mental court. She's really pretty, so I said "yes please" to that :blush:

I hope it goes well for you. There shouldn't be any shame in representing yourself if it's because you can't afford representation otherwise. Anyway, good luck 🤞 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Milton? Goodluck!

• Thanks 1

Emergency services in Cancun did a grand job this morning when a fire broke out in the hotel.

Everyone safe but must've been terrifying for those in that block, getting themselves out through the smoky corridors or climbing over balconies.

(Fortunately I was in the block next door - same floor, not that far away in truth - and the fire was contained relatively quickly.)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Anybody here been twatty enough to leave their work bag at a clients before, and not realise until you are back in the work car park.

cant believe I did that.

Early start tomorrow to collect it.

What a twat!

Yeah, more than once lol

I've also left laptops, projectors, phone charges and various mains leads at clients' offices over the years.

Must be an age thing mate :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 20:51, cambridgefox said:

Anybody here been twatty enough to leave their work bag at a clients before, and not realise until you are back in the work car park.

cant believe I did that.

Early start tomorrow to collect it.

What a twat!

I've left my paramedic kit on station before. Fortunately the patient was a malingerer and didn't need anything.

I've also left a stretcher behind at the A&E. Again, fortunately the next patient was able to walk and sit.

• Haha 2

A well fought 5-2 home win for my U11's today so that's P8, W6, D2 so far this season!

One of those games where it's a really boggy pitch, tackles flying in from everywhere, everyone covered in mud from head to toe - marvelous :D 

We were really powder puff last season and a bit lightweight so we've worked hard on the physical aspect of the game this season. Teaching the boys how to press, tackle and not turn their back etc.

During the second half one of the opposition parents walked up to me and complained that my boys were too physical and needed to calm down a bit. Biggest complement I've received all season lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Wearing a suit and tie outside on a 43 (FORTY FVCKING THREE) degree day is quite simply wrong!

Supplementary Question... what happened to the U in Four when it became Forty?

Its -6, feels like -12. Need a fvcking heated willy warmer so it don't fall off.

No idea but i will be Fourty in just over a month, yikes! Time to go on a midlife crisis of sorts.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/forty-fourty/

Finishing the day off with some red Leicester cheese. The crap mass marketed cheese in Canada sucks. Costs $4.99 for a 450g block for the crap.

Got me a small piece of some decent red leicester from a local grocer for $10 and like 200g lol. Imported but i treat myself once in a blue moon. One thing that sucks about Canada is quality food.