Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

6 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Thank you.

Spent the first couple nights sharing a cell with a very large fella from China. He stabbed his wife to death. He felt like I peeled clementines too loud, Needless to say, I had to find a new location.

So happy when my sister showed up today. Couldn't get release without "assurity". I'll be splitting time now between my home and hers.

6 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Thank you.

Spent the first couple nights sharing a cell with a very large fella from China. He stabbed his wife to death. He felt like I peeled clementines too loud, Needless to say, I had to find a new location.

So happy when my sister showed up today. Couldn't get release without "assurity". I'll be splitting time now between my home and hers.

Did you drop the clementine peel?

Didnt realise the kind of criminals in there. I know that lady who stabbed an innocent newlywed woman in Toronto (in shoppers or something) is/was locked up there. I mean i figured some bad arses in there but damn.

Now you've done time, use it to never get back there again!

It's a good job I threw up in the street multiple times last night because I'd be feeling rough as a badger's arse right now otherwise 

Edit:

I lost my mates, went home, threw up on my carpet and went to a nightclub on my own, what a f ucking club Leicester bastard City are.

Edited by Stadt
  • Haha 1

Went see my Niece and Nephew in Huddersfield yesterday. My nephew is so fascinated by the postal service he insisted on posting me the pictures had drawn me even though I was sat next to him whilst he did them. lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Alright Liam Gallagher :D

Gotta get in to the zone and that ent ya r kid you know what a mean, yeah man, nice one as you were and that **** r Noel. 

Our lass is a Yorkshire thing! If these ****ers are claiming that as well then I’m going to have to take my custom elsewhere! Nothing is sacred lol 

• Haha 1

Did the winter wolf and completed all four seasons this year earning the alpha wolf status. Great atmosphere and really well organised event as ever. 

some of the course was un-runnable though so I dread to think how they’re gonna get on tomorrow with it. Gulp

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 17:18, Alf Bentley said:

I was up at Glenfield Hospital today, doing pre-admission stuff prior to a heart procedure in November. A catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm), to be specific.

Involves sticking a catheter into a vein in the groin, feeding it up to the ticker, possibly burning a bit of heart muscle in one chamber.

Then probably feeding it through into another chamber & freezing more heart muscle around the 4 veins from the lungs.

The aim of the burning & freezing is to create scar tissue to block dodgy electrical circuits. All done with heavy sedation, not general anaesthetic.

Had a similar thing done for atrial flutter (slightly different) in 2016. Only likely to be kept in for 1 night, then a few days home rest. 

The odds seem pretty good: 60-70% they sort the problem short/medium-term; 99% it returns in long-term; 2% serious complications; 1% stroke; 0.2% death...

Still a bit sobering to think I'll be walking into hospital with a 10 times greater chance of dying than the bookies offered on LCFC 2016.

In event of the worst, I'd like to make it known that I WOULD like you to take the piss out of me in the Deathlist 2019 thread. :thumbup:

A bit late on this one, sorry Alf.  

When I had my af initially diagnosed I was told that the downside to af was static pools of blood in the heart which could lead to a stroke.  I was offered a DC Cardioversion to correct it and was assured that the survival rate was 96%, however the chance of getting the stroke was close to 100%.  I took the procedure.  Good luck with yours.

21 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

A bit late on this one, sorry Alf.  

When I had my af initially diagnosed I was told that the downside to af was static pools of blood in the heart which could lead to a stroke.  I was offered a DC Cardioversion to correct it and was assured that the survival rate was 96%, however the chance of getting the stroke was close to 100%.  I took the procedure.  Good luck with yours.

Thanks, Crinkly.

I was initially on the list for cardioversion this time, but the cardiologist had a change of mind. I've been on the list for cardioversion 4 times now, without having had it yet (arrhythmia self-corrected on the 3 previous occasions - last time thanks to your recommendation about walking vigorously up hills, but no luck this time). My Mum, from whom I inherited the underlying genetic defect, had cardioversion a couple of times - she stayed in rhythm for 2-3 years after the first time; didn't work second time.

Yes, the risk of stroke is the main concern - with long-term structural weakening of heart in 2nd place. The arrhythmia has very little impact on me day to day, but a clot causing a stroke is certainly to be avoided. A cousin of mine had a severe stroke but survived (sort of). She then spent her last 10 years bedridden in a nursing home, unable to stand, almost unable to speak, with impaired memory & incontinent. If that happened to me, I'd prefer NOT to survive, frankly!

Surprised that the cardioversion survival rate is as low as 96% as my impression was that was lower-risk than an ablation....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Thanks, Crinkly.

I was initially on the list for cardioversion this time, but the cardiologist had a change of mind. I've been on the list for cardioversion 4 times now, without having had it yet (arrhythmia self-corrected on the 3 previous occasions - last time thanks to your recommendation about walking vigorously up hills, but no luck this time). My Mum, from whom I inherited the underlying genetic defect, had cardioversion a couple of times - she stayed in rhythm for 2-3 years after the first time; didn't work second time.

Yes, the risk of stroke is the main concern - with long-term structural weakening of heart in 2nd place. The arrhythmia has very little impact on me day to day, but a clot causing a stroke is certainly to be avoided. A cousin of mine had a severe stroke but survived (sort of). She then spent her last 10 years bedridden in a nursing home, unable to stand, almost unable to speak, with impaired memory & incontinent. If that happened to me, I'd prefer NOT to survive, frankly!

Surprised that the cardioversion survival rate is as low as 96% as my impression was that was lower-risk than an ablation....

I had my procedure in 1996 Alf, survival rates have probably improved since.  The doctor who quoted the rate to me was Director of Cardiology at Guys & St Thomas so I took him at his word.

My father had arrhythmia which wasn't corrected, it took him a week to die in the Royal after his stroke and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.   He knew that he was at risk and told me on several occasions that if he had a stroke and was in the type of situation that your cousin unfortunately suffered then I was to turn the life support off.

My af was persistent (100% of the time) which is why my risk of stroke was so high. I only suffer from it periodically now but it never goes away and the procedure you're having is one I could be lined up for if I deteriorate, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts after the event.  Hope its a one-time fix.  Incidentally I'm on Rivaroxaban (blood thinning) to reduce the stroke risk as well.

Edited by Crinklyfox
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I had my procedure in 1996 Alf, survival rates have probably improved since.  The doctor who quoted the rate to me was Director of Cardiology at Guys & St Thomas so I took him at his word.

My father had arrhythmia which wasn't corrected, it took him a week to die in the General after his stroke and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.   He knew that he was at risk and told me on several occasions that if he had a stroke and was in the type of situation that your cousin unfortunately suffered then I was to turn the life support off.

My af was persistent (100% of the time) which is why my risk of stroke was so high. I only suffer from it periodically now but it never goes away and the procedure you're having is one I could be lined up for if I deteriorate, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts after the event.  Hope its a one-time fix.  Incidentally I'm on Rivaroxaban (blood thinning) to reduce the stroke risk as well.

I'll report back after the procedure, Crinkly - or at least I hope that I will. :ph34r:

I had a catheter ablation for atrial flutter (as opposed to fibrillation) 3.5 years ago and that went smoothly - they didn't even keep me in overnight & I was back to 100% after 3-4 days.

They did it with sedation, not general anaesthetic - same this time - but I still wasn't aware of much. Apparently it lasted 3 hours, but I wasn't aware of most of that.

I just remember wanting to sleep and feeling irritated as it seemed as if someone kept poking me hard in the chest. lol

Might be a bit longer this time, if the problem is where they think, as it'll involve poking through the septum (dividing wall) into the other side of the heart.

They recently switched me from Warfarin to Apixaban (similar to Rivaroxaban).....anyway, better stop this jabber, as it'll bore the arse off all the young, vigorous, healthy FT posters....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Come onnnn bro use the force!

Doesn't help that I was released from prison with the stipulation that I had to live with my sister(and my niece). My sister plows through a bottle of wine every night. My niece also drinks wine, smokes a few bowls and drinks my beers. It's quite the support group lol

I hope the authorities can't use anything from this forum against me in court :ph34r:

Edited by spacemunky

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Doesn't help that I was released from prison with the stipulation that I had to live with my sister(and my niece). My sister plows through a bottle of wine every night. My niece also drinks wine, smokes a few bowls and drinks my beers. It's quite the support group lol

I hope the authorities can't use anything from this forum against me in court :ph34r:

Lol oh dear not the best support network.  How long do you got to stay there?

48 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

So 4 months time  lol is it possible you could be sent back?

Yeah, I figure it'll be a wait for a trial.

I haven't asked about having to go back to prison, mostly because I'm scared to hear the answer. I will ask my lawyer about it when we have our first meeting.

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Yeah, I figure it'll be a wait for a trial.

I haven't asked about having to go back to prison, mostly because I'm scared to hear the answer. I will ask my lawyer about it when we have our first meeting.

Either way hope this unfortunate situation takes you to a better place in the long run.

• Thanks 1