Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 22/12/2019 at 09:09, Unabomber said:

Absolutely horrific. Had a call at 2am from my brother saying mum was at Leicester hospital and it was critical. She passed away. Anyway I just got back home. Now I just don’t know what to do. 

So sorry for your loss Una, my thoughts are with you and your family mate. As many have said, there are plenty of people on here should you need to talk

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

So sorry for your loss Una, my thoughts are with you and your family mate. As many have said, there are plenty of people on here should you need to talk

Thanks I am at the family home now with my dad brother and our girlfriends. Very bittersweet but at least we are all together. 

Christmas starts for me in 2 hours ...   meeting a few mates in town for a mini pub crawl ...   will cover a few city centre pubs and probably be in the Globe and the Kings Head at some point ...   if I hear anyone shouting out “CF are you here” I will buy them a drink ....   :)

Merry Christmas everyone !!! ....    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Christmas starts for me in 2 hours ...   meeting a few mates in town for a mini pub crawl ...   will cover a few city centre pubs and probably be in the Globe and the Kings Head at some point ...   if I hear anyone shouting out “CF are you here” I will buy them a drink ....   :)

How many drinks will you buy if you hear someone shout "Where are your orange shorts?" ;)

(I was in The Globe day before yesterday.....unlikely today, sadly).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

How many drinks will you buy if you hear someone shout "Where are your orange shorts?" ;)

(I was in The Globe day before yesterday.....unlikely today, sadly).

If you turn up Alf and shout that ..   as many as you can handle !  ...   :D

And if you turn up wearing a pair of orange shorts you can join us on the pub crawl and not put your hand in your (shorts) pocket once !!!

• Haha 1

christmas eve eve last night. best night of the year. just woke up in incredible pain and small soldiers is on the tele. will be crying into my hangover scran by the end of this. ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIMEEEEEEEE

• Like 1

My day today was ruined by a neighbour from hell. He was out during the afternoon, so when an Amazon delivery arrived for him, I took it in to help out both the Amazon guy and my neighbour. Two hours later the door bell rang, and my neighbour gave me a torrent of abuse for having tried to show him a bit of seasonal goodwill by taking the parcel in. It's quite unbelievable how ignorant some people can be. He's been 'at war' with me for several years, but I've absolutely no idea why.

12 minutes ago, String fellow said:

My day today was ruined by a neighbour from hell. He was out during the afternoon, so when an Amazon delivery arrived for him, I took it in to help out both the Amazon guy and my neighbour. Two hours later the door bell rang, and my neighbour gave me a torrent of abuse for having tried to show him a bit of seasonal goodwill by taking the parcel in. It's quite unbelievable how ignorant some people can be. He's been 'at war' with me for several years, but I've absolutely no idea why.

That's shite. 

I couldn't live like that tbh, I'd have to talk to the bloke and try to sort it out.

I've had cvntish neighbours many years ago but both sets we've got either side of us now are good as gold. We've thought about moving a few times but we're so lucky with our neighbours that it's one of the reasons we've stayed put.

I think it's really important we get on with our neighbours and it's really sad when we don't.

Hope you sort it our mate :fc:

20 minutes ago, String fellow said:

With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend.

Thanks guys for your replies. Last year I did indeed try to ask him what was his problem with me, and his reply was 'you know very well'. But I truly don't know! In fact, I'm really mystified by the whole on-going situation and would happily move house to escape it, if my domestic circumstances permitted.

5 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Thanks guys for your replies. Last year I did indeed try to ask him what was his problem with me, and his reply was 'you know very well'. But I truly don't know! In fact, I'm really mystified by the whole on-going situation and would happily move house to escape it, if my domestic circumstances permitted.

I feel for you mate, that's not fair.

I'd maybe even consider writing him a letter and posting it through his door saying you don't know what the issue is but you really want to resolve it. Sounds like there's been a misunderstanding but if you're prepared to be the better person then maybe it's worth shot. I'd even offer him in for a cuppa tea and a chat or a pint down the pub. Hold out the olive branch and all that..

If he's still not prepared to discuss it and continue's to be a cvnt then I guess there's not much you can do. 

9 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I was there and shouted CF are you here and got chucked out.  WTH:(

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Currently in Leicester. Having a pint of old navigation in a city centre pub. Going to the Liverpool game on boxing Day. Happy times.

Have a good time my friend, I'm in Central London over Xmas, let me know if you fancy buying me a very expensive beer.  Of I knew you were in Leicester I could have travelled for you to buy me a beer.  Anyway have a good trip.

Not that you would want to drink with me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Move house, If u have kids, it will only cause more problems.

Thank you chaps for your suggestions. The letter idea had crossed my mind, but he'd probably just tear it up. Usually, I enjoy solving problems, but this one seems impossible to solve. I get the impression that he wants nothing to do with me whatsoever, under any circumstances. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Have a good time my friend, I'm in Central London over Xmas, let me know if you fancy buying me a very expensive beer.  Of I knew you were in Leicester I could have travelled for you to buy me a beer.  Anyway have a good trip.

Not that you would want to drink with me.

Was in London last week... If I had known!!

Heading straight back to the airport after NYs.

Will be around Sheffield... (Don't ask..)