Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

yeah i had this morning penciled in as a time to get some nice, sunday morning miles, but i looked out the window after being woken up by this storm and thought no offence but i ain't going out there even if u paid me. my flat is genuinely moving. it's like being on a boat. 

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The one time my car's in the garage and I need to train it to work we have a storm throw the entire rail network into disarray  :dry:

If humanity is capable of organising a camel train, you'd think it could arrange a llama train.

Sketchy drive to work, got an early finish after being there for 2 hours which was nice. But driving down to Luton at 2am for a flight. Not looking forward to the drive and I'm shitting it that the flight will get cancelled. Only going away for 4 days so that would **** everything up.

32 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Sketchy drive to work, got an early finish after being there for 2 hours which was nice. But driving down to Luton at 2am for a flight. Not looking forward to the drive and I'm shitting it that the flight will get cancelled. Only going away for 4 days so that would **** everything up.

I think you should be alright now, where are you off to?

Hi all, today I found out that three allegations of racism have been made against me in my job, just looking for advice as to what I can do. Two of the allegations are completely fabricated events by somebody who has an intense dislike of me and have not happened, one of the allegations is not racism. Management very unsupportive. Do I go through my union or not?

My plan is to clear my name and get out of an exceptionally toxic workplace as I'm at the beginning of my career and this is not what I need. 

Edited by Lionator

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Hi all, today I found out that three allegations of racism have been made against me in my job, just looking for advice as to what I can do. Two of the allegations are completely fabricated events by somebody who has an intense dislike of me and have not happened, one of the allegations is not racism. Management very unsupportive. Do I go through my union or not?

My plan is to clear my name and get out of an exceptionally toxic workplace as I'm at the beginning of my career and this is not what I need. 

What did you say?

23 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Definitely ask for help from the union, they will help advise you on how to engage and provide you with assistance and representation. With it being such a sensitive subject I’d suggest you only engage when advised and don’t let your emotions take control of this.

Good luck.

Talking being unlucky... a gal at work I've been getting on well with for some time. She's really adorable and pretty, so in mind I just needed to ask her out at some point... but I never could find the right moment. Now I know she's been single for a while she's even mentioned it and she talked about it on Friday anyway finally today, I found the courage to ask her out and what happens.... she's already been asked out this weekend. So annoying and sad.... am i cruel to think i hope this weekend doesn't go well lol. 

On 11/02/2020 at 03:37, Lionator said:

Thats what your union is for.

Speak to them and they should help with representation.

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Talking being unlucky... a gal at work I've been getting on well with for some time. She's really adorable and pretty, so in mind I just needed to ask her out at some point... but I never could find the right moment. Now I know she's been single for a while she's even mentioned it and she talked about it on Friday anyway finally today, I found the courage to ask her out and what happens.... she's already been asked out this weekend. So annoying and sad.... am i cruel to think i hope this weekend doesn't go well lol. 

shit happens, just shag another gal from work  lol

On 10/02/2020 at 14:37, Lionator said:

This discussion doesn't solve your problem but from a human resources perspective it gives an insight as to how it's viewed. 

https://www.cipd.co.uk/Community/discussion-forum/diversity-and-inclusion/f/general/69283/accusations-of-racism-in-the-workplace/304143?pifragment=3

I'd absolutely talk to your union to ask for advice and support.

13 minutes ago, Smudge said:

This discussion doesn't solve your problem but from a human resources perspective it gives an insight as to how it's viewed. 

https://www.cipd.co.uk/Community/discussion-forum/diversity-and-inclusion/f/general/69283/accusations-of-racism-in-the-workplace/304143?pifragment=3

I'd absolutely talk to your union to ask for advice and support.

Thank you for that. The allegations have already been downgraded (not removed) and I have a meeting next week. Very nervous, very hurt to be accused of such an issue as while I maybe naive and uneducated on several issues, I have never had anybody even question my attitude to such issues within society, I have always tried to be tolerant at the very minimum.

I've been advised to not fight the claims as it'll turn into a he said this, he said that debacle. Instead to just apologise if anything was percieved to be racist and to draw a line under it. Part of me wants it to go further in order for me to prove my innocence however that is not advisable.   

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Thank you for that. The allegations have already been downgraded (not removed) and I have a meeting next week. Very nervous, very hurt to be accused of such an issue as while I maybe naive and uneducated on several issues, I have never had anybody even question my attitude to such issues within society, I have always tried to be tolerant at the very minimum.

I've been advised to not fight the claims as it'll turn into a he said this, he said that debacle. Instead to just apologise if anything was percieved to be racist and to draw a line under it. Part of me wants it to go further in order for me to prove my innocence however that is not advisable.   

Sounds like good advice. Good luck with the meeting.

Edited by Smudge

18 hours ago, Lionator said:

By who?

From what I’m reading of your post, you’ve been accused by someone of racist behaviour and this will stay on some HR records (?). You’ve been advised to apologise and forget about it. 

Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs of your particular situation, but my instinct, if this happened to me, would be to fight any unfair allegation of racism to the hilt. If it turns into a ‘he said/she said’ scenario, then fine. If it’s uncomfortable for all involved, then fine. 

As it stands, it looks like you will have a blot on your record which could be used against you in the future as and when the next allegation is made against you. 

From the outside, it looks to me that being advised to offer an apology but the situation staying on record is a lose/lose outcome for you. 

I would be looking for - apology and remove from record, or no apology and fight it. 

• Like 4

On 13/02/2020 at 02:30, Lionator said:

Just my opinion but ... NEVER admit to something you havent done

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Got engaged yesterday so yeah pretty good day... 

Congratulations.

And well done for steering clear of the cliche of proposing on Valentines Day. Unless you did and it took her a day to decide?

• Haha 2