Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 22/12/2019 at 09:09, Unabomber said:

Absolutely horrific. Had a call at 2am from my brother saying mum was at Leicester hospital and it was critical. She passed away. Anyway I just got back home. Now I just don’t know what to do. 

Sorry to hear this.  :(

Hope your Christmas is bearable.

• Sad 1

On 22/12/2019 at 09:09, Unabomber said:

Absolutely horrific. Had a call at 2am from my brother saying mum was at Leicester hospital and it was critical. She passed away. Anyway I just got back home. Now I just don’t know what to do. 

Mate,I’ve just read this and I’m truly sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you and your family tonight.

just raised a glass for you.

Take care.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

Thanks guys for your replies. Last year I did indeed try to ask him what was his problem with me, and his reply was 'you know very well'. But I truly don't know! In fact, I'm really mystified by the whole on-going situation and would happily move house to escape it, if my domestic circumstances permitted.

Have you ever got so drunk that you might have inadvertently took a shit in his garden and forgotten?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

It’ll be ok thanks. Hope I am in the mood tomorrow and cook a dinner my mum would’ve loved. 

I don't know you but from your posts, you seem a top bloke.  I hope LCFC give you a win tomorrow to soften the blow...Don't overdo the spuds!! ;)

Merry Christmas!

Good and bad today.

No Turkey for me as its bloody frozen (bought fresh and put in fridge, turned the fridge onto max and its only gona and frozen it) grrrrrrr. Oh well pork chops with all the trimmings will surffice and Turkey tomorrow. 

The good is i got lots of great pressies and seemed to buy people stuff they really liked. Walked up to my Dads grave with my son and mum and poured a glass of whiskey on his grave as that was always his 'thing' on Christmas day and asked him to look down on us tomorrow. 

Not a bad end to the decade and looking forward to the next one. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Good and bad today.

No Turkey for me as its bloody frozen (bought fresh and put in fridge, turned the fridge onto max and its only gona and frozen it) grrrrrrr. Oh well pork chops with all the trimmings will surffice and Turkey tomorrow. 

The good is i got lots of great pressies and seemed to buy people stuff they really liked. Walked up to my Dads grave with my son and mum and poured a glass of whiskey on his grave as that was always his 'thing' on Christmas day and asked him to look down on us tomorrow. 

😲

Oh no. 

Can you phone round any restaurants to see if they have any spare? Or JustEat/Ubereats

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Good and bad today.

A few years back we bought a fresh turkey crown, and when I unwrapped it on Christmas day it had gone off, even though it was well in date, I think the fridge was a bit warm. I went round to the neighbours and asked them for their leftovers, after all everyone has too much turkey 😊 They saved the day! 

24 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

A few years back we bought a fresh turkey crown, and when I unwrapped it on Christmas day it had gone off, even though it was well in date, I think the fridge was a bit warm. I went round to the neighbours and asked them for their leftovers, after all everyone has too much turkey 😊 They saved the day! 

Yup thats exactly what someone else told me, hence why i ramped up the fridge to max LOL.. Oh well, Chicken today and Turkey tomorrow its not a biggie really just not that traditional. Lucky its just me and my mum eating today else i would have been distraught if we were having company. 

‘‘Twas the night before Christmas, and the ten year old daughter fell over on The rickety old cottage stairs!

Aaaargh she screamed I’ve broken my arm!

She was right, and the NHS swung into gear with an Ambulance from Newquay, and a hospital in Penzance.

And lo I was still stuffing stockings at 1am after several of the most traumatic hours of my life.  Hearing your precious little girl have her broken arm manipulated back into place is not nice.

time for another drink!!

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yup thats exactly what someone else told me, hence why i ramped up the fridge to max LOL.. Oh well, Chicken today and Turkey tomorrow its not a biggie really just not that traditional. Lucky its just me and my mum eating today else i would have been distraught if we were having company. 

If it makes you feel any better I completely forgot the pigs in blankets :blush:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

‘‘Twas the night before Christmas, and the ten year old daughter fell over on The rickety old cottage stairs!

Aaaargh she screamed I’ve broken my arm!

She was right, and the NHS swung into gear with an Ambulance from Newquay, and a hospital in Penzance.

And lo I was still stuffing stockings at 1am after several of the most traumatic hours of my life.  Hearing your precious little girl have her broken arm manipulated back into place is not nice.

time for another drink!!

I’m guessing “stockings” isn’t your nickname for Mrs Hat

Anyway, I hope your daughter is ok and makes a good recovery. Must have been very distressing. 

• Haha 1