Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Well Day 4 of my job, filled out a safety form for the first time with small amount of assistance to submit to the section manager for approval. I got a few things wrong, instead of helping me they've sent a passive aggressive email and using me as a way to push an argument in their favour. Then calls in my line manager to speak to me and the person helping me. Bloody brilliant so far chaps. 

All i needed was them to help, not knock me back on my first week. 

Sorry to hear that mate, pretty shit for a first week in the job.

Stay positive, sometimes people go through some pretty shitty stuff outside of work that can influence, rightly or wrongly, how they act at work.

I’ve had a long meeting today that my manager ended by giving a big speech about stress, anxiety and how we all need to look out for each other. Blew my mind a bit to be honest, just goes to show the role that managers can have influences how the work force feels.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sorry to hear that mate, pretty shit for a first week in the job.

Stay positive, sometimes people go through some pretty shitty stuff outside of work that can influence, rightly or wrongly, how they act at work.

I’ve had a long meeting today that my manager ended by giving a big speech about stress, anxiety and how we all need to look out for each other. Blew my mind a bit to be honest, just goes to show the role that managers can have influences how the work force feels.

As the old saying goes.......People don't leave shit jobs or shit companies, they leave because of a shit Manager.

• Like 2

Having spotted Kieron Dyer and the telephone phones R us billionaire bloke (and his bride of wildebeest partner) I am now comfortably 2 nil up in the spot the celebrity competition with Mrs CF ....   BUT ...   not only that I am also 2 nil up in the general knowledge compo we play every morning over breakfast from our ‘Britain today’ news sheet  ..   which isn’t sitting at all well with Mrs Mensa knickers ....  :)

Here’s yesterdays and todays and I got 5 out of 6 ...  well done if you get the lot ....   :thumbup:

What is the capital of Belarus.

Who’s life is depicted in the film Dance with a stranger.

Who found the cure for smallpox.

What is Frank Whittle know for inventing.

What is the name of the Japanese parliament. 
Who wrote Ivanhoe.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Having spotted Kieron Dyer and the telephone phones R us billionaire bloke (and his bride of wildebeest partner) I am now comfortably 2 nil up in the spot the celebrity competition with Mrs CF ....   BUT ...   not only that I am also 2 nil up in the general knowledge compo we play every morning over breakfast from our ‘Britain today’ news sheet  ..   which isn’t sitting at all well with Mrs Mensa knickers ....  :)

Here’s yesterdays and todays and I got 5 out of 6 ...  well done if you get the lot ....   :thumbup:

What is the capital of Belarus.

Who’s life is depicted in the film Dance with a stranger.

Who found the cure for smallpox.

What is Frank Whittle know for inventing.

What is the name of the Japanese parliament. 
Who wrote Ivanhoe.

Oh do please kindly fvck off Mr 'six holidays a year' 

We're all busy working here you know :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You know it mate :(

Hope you and your orange shorts are having a good time :beer:

He just takes 10000 pictures on one resort in different clothes and slowly releases them.

Or takes 6 bloody vacations a year and rubs it in

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You know it mate :(

Hope you and your orange shorts are having a good time :beer:

Trying my best Muzzett ...  back still not right though from when it got second degree burned last year (can take years to recover properly if at all) ...  but as long as the missus enjoys the holiday is all that matters ...  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I'm in mourning and feel really p1ssed off ...    trouble is I've been singing the 'Wemberleee Wemberleeeeee' song for so long that I'm still singing the fookin thing now !!! ...    :(

Don't worry CF, just keep singing we are still in the FA Cup. 

You know the 'proper' cup the one we really want to win :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I'm in mourning and feel really p1ssed off ...    trouble is I've been singing the 'Wemberleee Wemberleeeeee' song for so long that I'm still singing the fookin thing now !!! ...    :(

Now thats stuck in your head. 

• Haha 1

Washing machine packed up last night and pissed all over the kitchen floor. Up at 1am bailing it out and mopping the floor. Annoyingly it's an Indesit of a certain age but not one that they are recalling so no free replacement for me either.

On the plus side smashing some great work for a new client in Zurich so maybe I'll be able to afford a better washing machine next time lol 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Washing machine packed up last night and pissed all over the kitchen floor. Up at 1am bailing it out and mopping the floor. Annoyingly it's an Indesit of a certain age but not one that they are recalling so no free replacement for me either.

On the plus side smashing some great work for a new client in Zurich so maybe I'll be able to afford a better washing machine next time lol 

On the positive side, Indesit have possibly the best customer service people I've ever come across. Much better than the donkeys at bosch. Might be worth giving them a ring and seeing if there's owt they can do. :D

Pretty stressful at the minute. Son has another chest infection and 2 previous times he has had one it has led on to pneumonia. (Incidentally this very date in 2015 & 2016).

He's been struggling for weeks now. He improves so we take him back school and then he is just wiped out again. His attendance records is terrible for the last month. Really not sure what to do for the best. 

• Sad 1

On 04/02/2020 at 09:40, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Washing machine packed up last night and pissed all over the kitchen floor.

If you're in Leicester, even better if you're in Leicester East, there's a guy called "Jim" who knows his way around washing machines, apparently.

He's also not as busy as he once was.

Some say he's a bit of a slippery character though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If you're in Leicester, even better if you're in Leicester East, there's a guy called "Jim" who knows his way around washing machines, apparently.

He's also not as busy as he once was.

Some say he's a bit of a slippery character though.

He’s the guy for you if you’ve got a full load 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Careful not to get blown off by Ciara

If you don’t get blown off by Ciara, you’ll definitely get blown off next time by Dennis

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 1