Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

32 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Absolutely horrific. Had a call at 2am from my brother saying mum was at Leicester hospital and it was critical. She passed away. Anyway I just got back home. Now I just don’t know what to do. 

Mate I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m sure the thoughts of everyone on FT are all with you now. Stay strong for your brother and the rest of your family. Sincere condolences Una.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Absolutely horrific. Had a call at 2am from my brother saying mum was at Leicester hospital and it was critical. She passed away. Anyway I just got back home. Now I just don’t know what to do. 

Sorry to hear about your awful shock and loss.

I hesitate to say much more as I don't know you - and know that different people find different ways through different bereavements.

But in case it is of any use: My Mum died in very similar circumstances 5 years ago (suddenly, late at night). With hindsight, I was in a state of shock afterwards - it felt like someone had filled my veins with lead.

What I found very helpful was next day going to spend some time with my Mum, saying goodbye. Massively sad, of course, but a warmer sadness & like a healthy recognition of what had happened instead of the initial shocked denial.

Was then able to get on with organising things & making sure my Dad got the support he needed, which suited my mentality.....but appreciate that different people often cope in very different ways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. There are no rules around this, just do what feels right for you. I'm glad you've got people around you, take comfort from each other and take each day at a time x

• Like 2

How sad..:(

Stay strong as possible with your Father and Brother in this very difficult and hurtful, seemingly unexpected situation.

Am sure your employer will be very supportive to you, if they don't know already.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Feel for you mate, hope youve got some people you can talk to and share with. Give me a shout of i can help

• Like 1

Condolences Una, these things are horrific especially when it’s out the blue. You should feel free to grieve however you feel, and remember you have your family, friends and Foxestalk if you ever need a shoulder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Stay strong Una and support each other ....   it’s probably happened to many on here.  I couldn’t get back in time when my dad died and sat and watched my mum go having just given the doctors permission to let it happen.    Visited the pair of them last week and mentioned how well the City were doing ...   both big fans ..  :)

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Stay strong Una and support each other ....   it’s probably happened to many on here.  I couldn’t get back in time when my dad died and sat and watched my mum go having just given the doctors permission to let it happen.    Visited the pair of them last week and mentioned how well the City were doing ...   both big fans ..  :)

Thanks mate 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Sorry for your loss mate. That's terrible news :(.

Plenty of people to chat to on here if you ever need!

On 22/12/2019 at 09:09, Unabomber said:

Mate, so sorry to hear about this, awful news. If you need a pint or just to get out for a bit give me a shout. Hope you're alright man.

On 22/12/2019 at 09:09, Unabomber said:

****ing hell mate, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you fellas hold strong and look out for each other.