Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Interesting evening...

18.15 - Wife left home to go and watch child number one perform in a concert which starts at 19.00.

18.30 - Child number one appears home from school...oblivious to the fact that he's due on stage in half an hour...

Wife heard effing and jeffing on the phone as she executes a handbrake turn. Just scooped him up, so might just make it! 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

And I thought cyclists were respected in Germany 👍🏼🚲 😝

Not by the Heroes of the White Van brigade....:twitch:

They are prey...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

Wondered why the traffic on Melton Road was at a standstill at lunchtime yesterday with some police cars on the pavements.

Read a Leicester Mercury article about a suspected murder incident earlier, and that was very likely to be the reason for it..:(

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/a-light-gone-out-lives-3911485

Edited by Wymsey

54 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wondered why the traffic on Melton Road was at a standstill at lunchtime yesterday with some police cars on the pavement.

Read a Leicester Mercury article about a suspected murder incident earlier, and that was the reason of it..:(

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/a-light-gone-out-lives-3911485

I've always been strongly against murder, unless of course someone murders me and then I'll murder them right back!

Been looking at trains to London next week.

Leicester station is approx 15 mins away from me and Rugby station is approx 30 mins.

Cheapest Leicester-St P on specified trains is £57 return or £99 off peak or £130 first class off peak (Station parking about £14 per day)

Cheapest Rugby-Euston on specified trains is £14 return or £34 off peak or £55 first class off peak (Station parking about £9 per day)

It clearly pays to shop around !!

58 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Leicester station is approx 15 mins away from me and Rugby station is approx 30 mins.

Cheapest Leicester-St P on specified trains is £57 return or £99 off peak or £130 first class off peak (Station parking about £14 per day)

Cheapest Rugby-Euston on specified trains is £14 return or £34 off peak or £55 first class off peak (Station parking about £9 per day)

Do you get a personal butler with that?

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

First class from Rugby it is then;  Save a fiver, buy a coffee!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'm being asked if I have spent $140 from petty cash... I'm like if I had, I'd have put the receipts in the box and I've not only not touched the petty cash box but I've also spent nearly $1,000 of my own money to get the project up and running.

Cvnts.

Did you though :ph34r:?

Got to my car this morning to find someone has dented and scratched the door panel. It was parked on the road but the damage happened on the side closest to the pavement.

My landlord has workmen working on the roof of the house next door and their ladder up to the scaffold was very close by. They're the likely culprits, but I can't prove anything.

Off to get some quotes for a dent & scratch repair service. Any advice welcome.

Great f**king start to the week. I hate people. :mad:

Spent yesterday just south of Cromer and Sheringham observing some Chinese water deer in the wild ...   saw these beauties as well ....   these park deer have been mated with other deer species like the wapiti at some point in the past to give them more impressive heads ...  the clue is the downward facing tines (look at the one on the left) ...    

IMG_3645.jpg

Had to tell someone today that I'm not taking on any new customers (I'm a decorator ) due to the fact I'm so busy. Also I'm planning on boggy off abroad at the end of the year. I.just want to concentrate on my regulars that have been so good to me over the  last 14 years I've been self employed. 

When I said that last bit to the lady on the phone I felt a little lump in my throat. Quite strange as I really hate my job. 

10 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Spent yesterday just south of Cromer and Sheringham observing some Chinese water deer in the wild ...   saw these beauties as well ....   these park deer have been mated with other deer species like the wapiti at some point in the past to give them more impressive heads ...  the clue is the downward facing tines (look at the one on the left) ...    

IMG_3645.jpg

Would look better as cooked meat (medium) on my plate. Unless they got corona virus...

• Haha 1

So after years of suffering from what I thought were migraines, and being on tablets for the last few years that seemed to be working, turns out it might not be that all along and the tablets were pointless. It might be cluster headaches.

From Saturday until yesterday I've been getting the thing I thought were migraines, three to four a day. Spoke to the doctor, as I was still taking the tablets, to try and find out why they'd returned with such regularity. They did a little more digging about what I was experiencing and it seems to be more inline with cluster headaches that migraines. The bad news is there's no prevention treatment and apparently they are in the top 5 most painful things a human can endure, and they are caused by the hypothalamus in the brain and nobody knows the exact cause. The good news is they've given me tablets that should stop an attack when it starts, and there are certain things like diet changes and exercise I can do that will help improve the health of the hypothalamus. They only effect 1 in 1000 people, so might explain the misdiagnosis.

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So after years of suffering from what I thought were migraines, and being on tablets for the last few years that seemed to be working, turns out it might not be that all along and the tablets were pointless. It might be cluster headaches.

From Saturday until yesterday I've been getting the thing I thought were migraines, three to four a day. Spoke to the doctor, as I was still taking the tablets, to try and find out why they'd returned with such regularity. They did a little more digging about what I was experiencing and it seems to be more inline with cluster headaches that migraines. The bad news is there's no prevention treatment and apparently they are in the top 5 most painful things a human can endure, and they are caused by the hypothalamus in the brain and nobody knows the exact cause. The good news is they've given me tablets that should stop an attack when it starts, and there are certain things like diet changes and exercise I can do that will help improve the health of the hypothalamus. They only effect 1 in 1000 people, so might explain the misdiagnosis.

That sounds horrible mate. 

Are symptoms linked to logging in here and reading stuff people post lol

• Haha 1