Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

So after years of suffering from what I thought were migraines, and being on tablets for the last few years that seemed to be working, turns out it might not be that all along and the tablets were pointless. It might be cluster headaches.

From Saturday until yesterday I've been getting the thing I thought were migraines, three to four a day. Spoke to the doctor, as I was still taking the tablets, to try and find out why they'd returned with such regularity. They did a little more digging about what I was experiencing and it seems to be more inline with cluster headaches that migraines. The bad news is there's no prevention treatment and apparently they are in the top 5 most painful things a human can endure, and they are caused by the hypothalamus in the brain and nobody knows the exact cause. The good news is they've given me tablets that should stop an attack when it starts, and there are certain things like diet changes and exercise I can do that will help improve the health of the hypothalamus. They only effect 1 in 1000 people, so might explain the misdiagnosis.

No wonder you get headaches. I've heard of tapeworm infections, but a hippopotamus in the brain is taking things to a whole new level.

I'd recommend wiping your brow with a cool flannel..... In all seriousness, hope the remedies help (and improve the hippo's health). :thumbup:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

The Anti-Ginger League just called to congratulate you on your gift to society. ;)

It’s mainly grey now sadly. Noticed a few grey pubes recently too. The end is nigh :(

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It’s mainly grey now sadly. Noticed a few grey pubes recently too. The end is nigh :(

Yep, I'm starting to see a bit more sophisticated silver amid my raven locks. :nono:

Just checked my pubes (don't have cause to examine them often) and they're still holding up well, you'll be pleased to hear...

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Can't imagine no football for a month. Mrs has had enough of me already. You don't realise what you've got until it's gone!!!

Maybe being without football for a month will make fans appreciate it more, after all we don't realize how good something is until it's gone or we think we should have appreciated it more while it was in our lives. Maybe we will all stop taking it for granted and be more supportive of evryone and everything to do with the game. i did say maybe!:ph34r:

First cluster headache free day for a week yesterday. Feels such a relief. Feel like I can finally get back to some normality and start going for runs and gym again. Well as normal as things can be at the minute!

• Like 2

Good start - genuinely need toilet paper and paracetamol as part of NORMAL shopping, Aldi haven't had any stock of either the last 4 times I've been in. Went in Tesco (not even at doors-open) and was able to get both without any bother. Fair play to Tesco for keeping the supply chain going smoothly in these testing times

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Good start - genuinely need toilet paper and paracetamol as part of NORMAL shopping, Aldi haven't had any stock of either the last 4 times I've been in. Went in Tesco (not even at doors-open) and was able to get both without any bother. Fair play to Tesco for keeping the supply chain going smoothly in these testing times

Wilko's could be your friend, mate. Not sure what it'll be like in Leicester/shire but the one in the Broadmarsh in Nottingham still has toilet paper and virtually everything else all over the gaff, only noticeable thing missing was surface wipes. 

• Like 1

On 15/03/2020 at 17:33, notnow john said:

Woken up this morning by my aching piles,it felt like I'd spent the night at a Michael Barrymore party!

Had one tiny pile recently which was seriously sore.

Sitting, standing, sleeping - all very painful and uncomfortable.

2-3 days of agony.

5 hours ago, Beliall said:

pretty bad. my favourite forum has turned into the worst parts of the internet rolled into one, and i come in here to find people talking about piles. We need football more than i thought.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING! 

• Sad 1

I have the un-enviable task of trying to convince 2 teenage boys  (17/19) they cant go and see their girlfriends this weekend. 3 of us showing signs and we are self isolating. eldest of those 2 also works in a garden center around old people so he'll need 2 weeks off