Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Congratulations.

And well done for steering clear of the cliche of proposing on Valentines Day. Unless you did and it took her a day to decide?

Haha definitely planned to steer clear of Valentines Day! Neither of us celebrate that or want to anyway, was just coincidental our 1st year anniversary fell on this weekend too. 

Had a very nice late Valentine's day impromptu pub lunch with my wife yesterday at the Bakers Arms in Blaby. We've never been before but it was pretty good and decently priced. All homemade and cooked fresh. 

Followed by a "pootle" in the car around the south west area of the county as storm Dennis started to hit. Lovely villages even in bad weather.

However in complete contrast, today she wants to go to Coventry Ikea. I can't imagine a more depressing notion after yesterday.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

Went to the dentist for the first time in nearly 7 years today, I was absolutely shitting myself at the thought of what he was going to say/what I needed done/how much it was going to cost/having anything done in general (I detest a trip to the dentists). All clean and healthy thankfully, no problems at all. I was ****ing well relieved. 

• Like 2

Dreamt vividly that I woke up at 5am, then actually woke up to the sound of my housemate closing a door at 7:30, exactly the time I was due in at work. 

Then when I got there I had to reprimand a Polish colleague because I overheard her calling the full English breakfast disgusting because "English sausages are tasteless" and "beans shouldn't go in tomato sauce" before unironically recommending a breakfast of white yoghurt and dried sausage.  Unacceptable behaviour.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Whatever happened to @Buce on here? He hasn't been on for months.

He's knocked FT on the head for good now I think.

Went on his hiking trek to Oz before Xmas and was banned from Gen Chat before he went.

He PM'd me a few months ago to say he'd had enough of being banned and I have't heard from him since...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

seen a solid bit of karma today, some boozed up little blurt told a homeless fella to fu ck off, then about two footsteps later stood on a wonky bit of path and it fired up a shit load of water all over him. enjoyed it tbh. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

He's knocked FT on the head for good now I think.

Went on his hiking trek to Oz before Xmas and was banned from Gen Chat before he went.

He PM'd me a few months ago to say he'd had enough of being banned and I have't heard from him since...

That’s a shame, really liked him ☹️

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Dreamt vividly that I woke up at 5am, then actually woke up to the sound of my housemate closing a door at 7:30, exactly the time I was due in at work. 

Then when I got there I had to reprimand a Polish colleague because I overheard her calling the full English breakfast disgusting because "English sausages are tasteless" and "beans shouldn't go in tomato sauce" before unironically recommending a breakfast of white yoghurt and dried sausage.  Unacceptable behaviour.

They should have put this on the side of the bus instead of the £300m saving for the NHS, it would have swayed me.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I was in court yesterday for 4 and 1/2 hours. I've had my trial moved over to the mental health court. I didn't even know such a thing existed. It's much nicer and more laid back compared to regular court.

The judge is a sweetie :wub:

What are you in court for monkey?

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

What are you in court for monkey?

I was charged with criminal harrassment followed by a breach of probation. It involved the company I worked for for 20 years and more important a former female friend that also worked there.

I spent one week in prison(which imo should have never happened) and was released on the condition that I live with my sister.

I'm in treatment now for alcohol abuse and just overall self improvement.

Going pretty well so far with a few hiccups along the way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I was charged with criminal harrassment followed by a breach of probation. It involved the company I worked for for 20 years and more important a former female friend that also worked there.

I spent one week in prison(which imo should have never happened) and was released on the condition that I live with my sister.

Mate, sounds like youve been through some tough times.  Glad your on the mend :thumbup:

Makes my issues with my itchy scrotam seem minor

Edited by Dr The Singh
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Mate, sounds like youve been through some tough times.  Glad your on the mend :thumbup:

Thanks.

Certainly been an adventure that I never expected.

For awhile I was quite bitter about it, but I did have to own up to the fact that I did break the law and stop blaming my former co-workers.

Very happy we have such a good judicial system here that caters to people who do have some mental health issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I was in court yesterday for 4 and 1/2 hours. I've had my trial moved over to the mental health court. I didn't even know such a thing existed. It's much nicer and more laid back compared to regular court.

The judge is a sweetie :wub:

Best of luck, mate - Sounds pretty awful. 

Onwards and upwards with recovery and rebuild 👍👍

• Thanks 1

On 22/02/2020 at 10:37, spacemunky said:

Bizarre

• Thanks 1

Interesting stag weekend. 

Groom decided on a Monopoly themed pub crawl - a drink in a pub of every monopoly square. Started 10am Saturday morning in Whitechapel and finished at 10pm last night in Mayfair. 

Meticulously planned and executed!!!

• Like 2

Bit tired. Was woken at 12:55am by my 9 year old screaming at me to go to the bathroom. Followed him in there and he was pointing in the bath shouting "I don't want to see them".

Looked in the bath to see absolutely nothing. Apparently he could see thousands of little black spiders. He was absolutely boiling and feverish and talking absolute rubbish for about half an hour before the nurofen kicked in and settled him down. He also mentioned being scared of the monsters in bin bags coming up the stairs. Doctors this morning confirmed he has swollen glands and ears and throat look infected. 

• Like 1