Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Filbert Street - The Legendary Home of Leicester City Football Club

RE: redevelopment of land.

I seen a few weeks ago what Arsenal have done to Highbury since moving, for anyone that hasn't seen it its defo worth a Google search.

I really wished we done something similar, by the looks of it they have kept the ground the same but changed the stands into luxury flats, where the pitch was they now have landscape that looks quite like a football pitch.

I'm not sure how correct I am but I think Man City have done something similar but not as well planned as Highbury although Maine Road still has the original centre spot.

It's a shame the state filbert street is in now and how we have no opportunity to be reminded of such a large piece of history to our club

That big block of student accommodation/flats is so ugly. Does make me laugh that the residents objected to re-development on the grounds that a bigger East Stand would block out their light and then that humongous eye sore (bigger/higher than any football stand) has been built instead. Shame that the rest of the land is such a mess.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Walked around it before one game last season and it's so depressing this huge wasteland on what was such a special place. They've even taken the Leicester City graffiti which was there down. Putting something football-related like 5-a-side pitches on it would be great to see, maybe with a few LCFC-related murals dotted about.

• Like 3

Build a museum there, or something you could walk around, even if it's relativity small. As well as some our honors we've had the likes of Shilton, Banks, Lineker etc who are among the greatest players ever so I'm pretty sure the collection would be decent enough to attract fans - Leicester City and opposition - to visit.

What about this...

Stadiums.jpg

What about this...

Stadiums.jpg

This a great picture, thanks, what I actually meant was the Filbo image sort of on top of the old site with the flats ect there, would give a clear pic of what went where, sorry I am probably talking nonsense (as usual)