Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

...the wife washes all the towels - but doesn't replace them. So I step out of the shower dripping wet and no towel on the rail. So I have to trapse across the landing soaking the carpet, to get to the airing cupboard and find a fresh towel. You had one job love. One job...

Maybe it's just me, but I get a towel from the airing cupboard on the way to the bathroom. :whistle:

Just now, Beliall said:

Maybe it's just me, but I get a towel from the airing cupboard on the way to the bathroom. :whistle:

Mate, the point is that the towel should already be in the bathroom, on the towel rail, ready for use. If said towel needs washing and the wife takes it away to wash it (without informing me) then she should surely replace it with a new one? I don't expect to walk out of the shower and find my towel is missing - surely? What's the world coming to FFS?

15 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surprised you both have eaten their considering it's previous health concerns.

They even have a door handle now in the toilet that sprays disinfectant on it so those grubby bastards who don't wash their hands affect us all. Plastered with 5 star hygiene ratings as well.

11 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I like the observatory, not been for a while but I remember they used to give you unlimited chips. 

I went the other week, they still do, although it did put me off when I was sat near the kitchen and heard the chef say "more ****ing chips" so loud I and the family sat next to us could hear it.

The steak is nice there though.

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Grove Farm has been back open for a while. Went the other day.

It was no better or worse than any Toby Carvery or similar.

Generic chain.

18 hours ago, MattP said:

I went a few Sunday's ago, I could barely move after eating the giant Roast, the amount of meat given was ridiculous even for a man of my carriage.

18 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh you get a lot of food there that's one thing I will give them. 

15 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surprised you both have eaten their considering it's previous health concerns.

Definitely agree with Grove Farm. Very big fan and considering a standard plate is £6.35 in the week and just £7.95 at weekends it's a bargain. Meat portions or generous, selection on the carvery is plentiful and the cakes are enormous.

Never ordered off the main menu in over two years of going, but I've seen their general portions and they are huge in itself.

As for the issues, I know they have spent/lost seven figures over the course of their problems, and what they've done to ensure it was eradicated was, let's say, thorough. I went in January just after they'd reopened and it was dead, but now it's popularity is back, though I saw they had to close on Sunday at about 6pm due to a shortage of food :blink:

I did well. I got to 2:05 before I couldn't take any more. Normally I'd have stopped long before black magic.

This is definitely one for @The Doctor

A friend of mine is a lecturer at the uni, she hasn't been to work for weeks. The last time she did, 15 men stormed her class and made everyone leave.

They want to 'decolonise' education, which I can only think means going back to hunter gathering. And for the education they get to be free. Which it would be if it consisted of sitting under a tree listening to traditional oral literature.

They've been burning and destroying property, priceless books, labs and buses. They even forced primary kids out of their classes last week. The only people it affects are the poor and increasingly marginalised middle class.
  • Like 1

I wonder how these fellows will feel when if their healthcare, agriculture and means of transport are "decolonised" as well. I'm sure they'll love traipsing around the scrubland searching for nuts and edible roots while the local witch doctor tries to cure their child's dysentery with goats blood. Savages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

A friend of mine is a lecturer at the uni, she hasn't been to work for weeks. The last time she did, 15 men stormed her class and made everyone leave.

They want to 'decolonise' education, which I can only think means going back to hunter gathering. And for the education they get to be free. Which it would be if it consisted of sitting under a tree listening to traditional oral literature.

They've been burning and destroying property, priceless books, labs and buses. They even forced primary kids out of their classes last week. The only people it affects are the poor and increasingly marginalised middle class.

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I wonder how these fellows will feel when if their healthcare, agriculture and means of transport are "decolonised" as well. I'm sure they'll love traipsing around the scrubland searching for nuts and edible roots while the local witch doctor tries to cure their child's dysentery with goats blood. Savages.

• Like 2

6 music is the radio on in the office and tends to be 90% of the time. Sometimes I just pop my headphones in and ignore it bit I feel antisocial at work with them in me ears. I don't like 6 music the majority of the time because I think it's up its own arse, but it's bearable. However this week someone called Mary Anne Hobbs is filling in for Mark Radcliffe and Stewart Maconie and its unbelievable how this woman has gotten a job on the radio. Hurts my ears, it's impossible to explain without audio examples of just how gash she is. So ponderous and depressing. So shit.

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

6 music is the radio on in the office and tends to be 90% of the time. Sometimes I just pop my headphones in and ignore it bit I feel antisocial at work with them in me ears. I don't like 6 music the majority of the time because I think it's up its own arse, but it's bearable. However this week someone called Mary Anne Hobbs is filling in for Mark Radcliffe and Stewart Maconie and its unbelievable how this woman has gotten a job on the radio. Hurts my ears, it's impossible to explain without audio examples of just how gash she is. So ponderous and depressing. So shit.

Gem 106

I don't know if grinds my gears is the right phrase but owning my own house is stressing the **** out of me. 

Buying the house itself was fairly straightforward and stress free but mainly because we were incredibly naive with it all. Nothing but stress since, and being useless at anything DIY related is not helping. 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know if grinds my gears is the right phrase but owning my own house is stressing the **** out of me. 

Buying the house itself was fairly straightforward and stress free but mainly because we were incredibly naive with it all. Nothing but stress since, and being useless at anything DIY related is not helping. 

I'm about to exchange contracts for my first house. What sort of stuff were you naive on that you'd advise me to be aware of?!

8 minutes ago, DB11 said:

I'm about to exchange contracts for my first house. What sort of stuff were you naive on that you'd advise me to be aware of?!

We only got the homebuyer report rather than full survey, which did highlight issues which we just kind of glossed over thinking we'll sort them out in the future. 

Now we're in and them issues need resolving quicker than we imagined. We've got a baby due in December so just wanted to have our own place before then so we probably rushed our decision when she should probably have insisted the vendor resolve these issues. 

Its more the stress rather than the actual issues, worrying about every little thing and how much it's going to cost. Life was simpler when renting. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

We only got the homebuyer report rather than full survey, which did highlight issues which we just kind of glossed over thinking we'll sort them out in the future. 

Now we're in and them issues need resolving quicker than we imagined. We've got a baby due in December so just wanted to have our own place before then so we probably rushed our decision when she should probably have insisted the vendor resolve these issues. 

Its more the stress rather than the actual issues, worrying about every little thing and how much it's going to cost. Life was simpler when renting. 

It's clear who you're blaming then :whistle: