Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When you tell someone something, and they say did you try doing this... and then just repeat back exactly what you just told them you did.

For instance, today I called my insurance company and said Barclays UK wont allow me to transfer funds as Kwacha, so what would the amount be in GBP and I'll transfer that. The lady then says, did you ask the Bank to send it in Kwacha?

It happens all the time. People don't listen. It's rude.

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

When you tell someone something, and they say did you try doing this... and then just repeat back exactly what you just told them you did.

For instance, today I called my insurance company and said Barclays UK wont allow me to transfer funds as Kwacha, so what would the amount be in GBP and I'll transfer that. The lady then says, did you ask the Bank to send it in Kwacha?

Did you ask the bank to send it in Kwacha though?

7 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Never assume - people are stupid so you have to ask to confirm what you need to know. Ie. if they assumed that you asked them if they would send it in Kwacha when actually, you just read their website and it didn't explicitly mention Kwacha then that's not the same but a lot of people would just say "well it didn't say I could so I assumed I couldn't" or something

19 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Never assume - people are stupid so you have to ask to confirm what you need to know. Ie. if they assumed that you asked them if they would send it in Kwacha when actually, you just read their website and it didn't explicitly mention Kwacha then that's not the same but a lot of people would just say "well it didn't say I could so I assumed I couldn't" or something

No. They sent the bill in Kwacha. I told them, "the bank won't allow me to send in Kwacha". They asked me, "did you ask the bank if you could send in Kwacha". My response, "yes, that's why I just told you, the bank won't allow me to send in Kwacha".

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

No. They sent the bill in Kwacha. I told them, "the bank won't allow me to send in Kwacha". They asked me, "did you ask the bank if you could send in Kwacha". My response, "yes, that's why I just told you, the bank won't allow me to send in Kwacha".

You have said "Kwatcha" so often it has lost all meaning. It doesn't even look like a word any more.

We all knew already about the total disregard insurance companies give to existing customers, my car insurance was put up by a third which was bad enough but the latest tactic it seems is to send out the renewal reminder as late as possible, I received my letter on the 27th giving me only 3 days notice before my automatic renewal would start, all a bit underhand I reckon.

13 hours ago, Beliall said:

You have said "Kwatcha" so often it has lost all meaning. It doesn't even look like a word any more.

When J.D. Salinger visited Zambia, he accidentally dropped a local coin in his whiskey and it inspired him to write a book....

"The Kwacha in the Rye".

I'll get my coat and wallet...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We all knew already about the total disregard insurance companies give to existing customers, my car insurance was put up by a third which was bad enough but the latest tactic it seems is to send out the renewal reminder as late as possible, I received my letter on the 27th giving me only 3 days notice before my automatic renewal would start, all a bit underhand I reckon.

I noticed this this year - they always used to send me the letter 5 weeks in advance, now it's a week. Bastards.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

When J.D. Salinger visited Zambia, he accidentally dropped a local coin in his whiskey and it inspired him to write a book....

"The Kwacha in the Rye".

I'll get my coat and wallet...

Take the coat, leave the wallet, you owe us a round for that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Bad boys bad boys Kwacha gunna do, kwacha gunna do when they come for you

• Like 1