Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 27/09/2016 at 11:40, Merging Cultures said:

When you tell someone something, and they say did you try doing this... and then just repeat back exactly what you just told them you did.

For instance, today I called my insurance company and said Barclays UK wont allow me to transfer funds as Kwacha, so what would the amount be in GBP and I'll transfer that. The lady then says, did you ask the Bank to send it in Kwacha?

It happens all the time. People don't listen. It's rude.

Just out of interest, whats happening with the Kwacha these days? Last time I was in Zambia was 2009 and it was about 5,000 to the pound, though most places were also trading in the US dollar. You'd quite often pay for a drink in Kwacha then get the change back in dollars with about half a dozen Kwacha notes in smaller change!

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just out of interest, whats happening with the Kwacha these days? Last time I was in Zambia was 2009 and it was about 5,000 to the pound, though most places were also trading in the US dollar. You'd quite often pay for a drink in Kwacha then get the change back in dollars with about half a dozen Kwacha notes in smaller change!

They created the new kwacha, and now it is about 11K to the Dollar, but it was the worst performing currency last year and unsurprisingly, seeing how bad it was last year, it was the best performing this year as it has stabilised back to where it was. Basically exports stopped because copper prices tanked. 

Going forward, things are looking quite good. The country is set to export 48000 metric tonnes of maize to neighbouring countries which will bring in much needed foreign currency. 

Fvcking customer services (now there's an oxymoron if ever there was one).

I've spent hours on the phone today trying to sort out the simplest of problems. I've spoken to morons. I've spoken to people who have only a passing acquaintance with the English language. I've spoken to people who have made unhelpfulness an art form.

Amazing how different it was when I spoke with the sales department previously.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I've spent hours on the phone today trying to sort out the simplest of problems. I've spoken to morons. I've spoken to people who have only a passing acquaintance with the English language. I've spoken to people who have made unhelpfulness an art form.

It should be the easiest thing in the world to provide good customer service. I think that's the thing i value most when i stick with a company or move. I stayed with Three for my mobile for exactly that reason (obviously I'm sure people will have had bad experiences with them but for me they've been brilliant)

8 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

It should be the easiest thing in the world to provide good customer service. I think that's the thing i value most when i stick with a company or move. I stayed with Three for my mobile for exactly that reason (obviously I'm sure people will have had bad experiences with them but for me they've been brilliant)

Same reason why I have an iPhone and never moved to Samsung or Android. Back when I had my first iPhone I had a few issues with it and the screen had smashed and they replaced it for me completely free of charge! Ever since then I've been an Apple person and when my phone needs an upgrade I stick with iPhone

23 hours ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

Quote of the day:

After patiently explaining to the woman from dps that Carphone Warehouse had given them the wrong postcode for my address, only to be told that I couldn't change the delivery instructions, I postulated that the driver might use his brains once he realised that they were incompatible, and deliver it to the address given, she replied: I doubt it sir - our drivers are not noted for their intelligence.

Well here's an idea: How about hiring ones who are?

Edited by Buce

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh||||

I could fvcking scream. I've spent hours trying to sort this. All they had to do was change the delivery address; I've just had an email confirming my change of delivery date - the address remains the same.

What the fvck is the matter with these people?

Edit: It gets better. I've just followed the link on the Carphone Warehouse website for their complaints policy. The page is completely fvcking blank.

Edited by Buce

Car Insurance coming up for renewal in a few weeks time... Declare the accident I had in March and quotes are £80 a year more than if I don't - why when the accident was entirely not my fault? Some idiot just drove into the back of me while waiting at a roundabout. Don't see how being on the road at the same time as some utter melt makes me a more dangerous driver.

On 9/28/2016 at 18:16, Matt said:

No timer on the big screen last night. Did my head in not knowing what minute we were in, I know it's not necesserily accurate but it gives you an idea.

Was that another one of UEFA's pathetic, petty, rules and regulations?!

I actually enjoyed this, I usually spend most of the game looking at the clock when it's tight, with it not there I didn't on Tuesday and just sensed the time by what what happening on the pitch until the board went up.

15 hours ago, Buce said:

Quote of the day:

After patiently explaining to the woman from dps that Carphone Warehouse had given them the wrong postcode for my address, only to be told that I couldn't change the delivery instructions, I postulated that the driver might use his brains once he realised that they were incompatible, and deliver it to the address given, she replied: I doubt it sir - our drivers are noted for their intelligence.

Well here's an idea: How about hiring ones who are?

I had the same issue with DPS when my daughter was in hospital and wouldn't be at home to accept delivery. They told me only the sender could change the delivery details. I contacted the sender and they attempted to but as it was in transit they couldn't. I got back onto DPS and explained. They said they had located the package in the warehouse by it's barcode but "as it was in transit" they couldn't change the delivery address.

Absolutely shitall customer service.

22 hours ago, Buce said:

Similar issue with First Utility (who are usually quite good in the year I've been with them).

Submitted my issue with them via their website and provided my e-mail address (which is the only one I have and ever use).

They e-mail me back explaining they'll look in to it.

I responded and said thanks and look forward to their response etc

They e-mail me back saying they can't continue discussing the issue because the e-mail address they have doesn't match up with the one on their records lollollol

how the fvck does that work? They've physically e-mailed me previously and send me monthly e-mails reminding me to submit meter reading and now they say they've got a different e-mail address lol 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Similar issue with First Utility (who are usually quite good in the year I've been with them).

Submitted my issue with them via their website and provided my e-mail address (which is the only one I have and ever use).

They e-mail me back explaining they'll look in to it.

I responded and said thanks and look forward to their response etc

They e-mail me back saying they can't continue discussing the issue because the e-mail address they have doesn't match up with the one on their records lollollol

how the fvck does that work? They've physically e-mailed me previously and send me monthly e-mails reminding me to submit meter reading and now they say they've got a different e-mail address lol 

lol

My missus once received an email from a company saying that we do not have your email address in our records.

• Like 2

On 29/09/2016 at 22:28, The Doctor said:

Wisdom tooth infection. 2 am, in agony. The antibiotics aren't working yet, and neither are the painkillers. 

And it appears the option to remove quotes on the mobile site here is broken too.

Edited by leicsmac

I've used Gillette Blue 2 razors for ages and ages and now i've noticed that some don't seem to be so sharp.  Mentioned this to someone else who uses them and he said exactly the same thing.  Now I can see how you can make savings on the packaging or perhaps the advertising or whatever when times are hard ...     but making a razor not as sharp as a razor is fookin ridiculous !!!

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I've used Gillette Blue 2 razors for ages and ages and now i've noticed that some don't seem to be so sharp.  Mentioned this to someone else who uses them and he said exactly the same thing.  Now I can see how you can make savings on the packaging or perhaps the advertising or whatever when times are hard ...     but making a razor not as sharp as a razor is fookin ridiculous !!!

It's to get you to buy the latest ones, makes the new model seem better than it is

41 minutes ago, bovril said:

If he hadn't scored against Villa we might not be champions.

Maybe, but he hardly featured after that, and there he is bouncing about, forced his way to front  in between the actual Leicester players like a nob

Carvery chains. You wait half an hour for a table because it's packed and by that point your already regretting your decision. You get a table and get handled a little slip of paper and stand in a queue for another 20 minutes behind a hulking whale who breathes like he's on his last legs and piled his plate high with roast potatoes, mash and stuffing balls. By the time you've eaten your meal consisting of a soggy spuds and veg that's either been boiled to mush or not cooked at all the whole experience is one that likens to living out your days in Auswitz rather than having a meal out, the only difference being it's the beef that's been incinerated rather than your asphyxiated corpse. 

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 3