Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 10/8/2016 at 22:38, Beliall said:

Maybe, but he hardly featured after that, and there he is bouncing about, forced his way to front  in between the actual Leicester players like a nob

I find Ben Chilwell very central in the picture more offensive than Dyer. At least he played and scored for us during the 38-game season

On 10/9/2016 at 20:19, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I think Grove farm has been closed down for environmental health reasons. 

Not a big fan of Roast dinners but if I was going to have one the places I would go would be. 

The Forge 

The Shires (Peatling Parva)

1573 or whatever it is near the highcross.

I can vouch for this. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Grove Farm has been back open for a while. Went the other day.

It was no better or worse than any Toby Carvery or similar.

Generic chain.

Grove Farm is a chain right? This is to be expected.

I prefer toby if I'm honest, better roast.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Generic chain.

I went a few Sunday's ago, I could barely move after eating the giant Roast, the amount of meat given was ridiculous even for a man of my carriage.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

That's what I figured, but you guys have got a month to have it happen or I'm coming for you all and I'm going to...

...well, rant about it on here again, I suppose. :D

I need to move money from the UK frequently and used to use my US bank which was a big mistake. On top of the posted rate they take a chunk for themselves. I have been using Transferwise.com for months and they have saved me hundreds of pounds.

It's owned by one of the guys who started Skype and backed by Richard Branson.

I have moved thousands of pounds this year and have found it takes 2-3 business days.

Edited by Smudge

19 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I need to move money from the UK frequently and used to use my US bank which was a big mistake. On top of the posted rate they take a chunk for themselves. I have been using Transferwise.com for months and they have saved me hundreds of pounds.

It's owned by one of the guys who started Skype and backed by Richard Branston.

I have moved thousands of pounds this year and have found it takes 2-3 business days.

Sounds like you were in a right pickle...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Generic chain.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

I went a few Sunday's ago, I could barely move after eating the giant Roast, the amount of meat given was ridiculous even for a man of my carriage.

Surprised you both have eaten their considering it's previous health concerns.

2 hours ago, Smudge said:

It's owned by one of the guys who started Skype and backed by Richard Branson.

Thanks! I'll look into it.

24 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surprised you both have eaten their considering it's previous health concerns.

A place gets closed down and reopened, especially a national chain, I'd expect it to be working ****ing hard to make sure it doesn't happen again.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What's it like there? I only live a 5 minute drive from it and have never tried it.

Like every other carvery / chain pub. 

Matt is right, the portions are very generous. You won't come away thinking you've had the best pub grub ever, I definitely prefer the Observatory in the same area and price range (although obviously you can't get a carvery there.)

But it's okay. 7/10?

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Wymsey stating children should be chained down going completely unnoticed 

Yeah not happy with this. When I go out for a meal with the kids, I encourage them to sit at someone else's table so I can eat in peace. It's good for their social skills :ph34r:

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Like every other carvery / chain pub. 

Matt is right, the portions are very generous. You won't come away thinking you've had the best pub grub ever, I definitely prefer the Observatory in the same area and price range (although obviously you can't get a carvery there.)

But it's okay. 7/10?

I like the observatory, not been for a while but I remember they used to give you unlimited chips. 

...the wife washes all the towels - but doesn't replace them. So I step out of the shower dripping wet and no towel on the rail. So I have to trapse across the landing soaking the carpet, to get to the airing cupboard and find a fresh towel. You had one job love. One job...

• Like 2