Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I asked rac what my premium would be if I removed my wife from the policy and they said it would increase as I would be considered more likely to have an accident if it was just me driving the vehicle.

I have tried comparison sites numerous times but never find anything within £200 Of what I'm already paying.

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

I asked rac what my premium would be if I removed my wife from the policy and they said it would increase as I would be considered more likely to have an accident if it was just me driving the vehicle.

I have tried comparison sites numerous times but never find anything within £200 Of what I'm already paying.

Have you tried switching main driver on the policy?  In the end, I had to list my girlfriend as the main driver to save around £400 even that I had two years no claim bonus and she does not.  Daft.  

Smokers at football matches. I may have to ask my local football club's representatives to implement a smoking ban for the 2017/2018 season.

And it's not just regular fag smoke, those e-cigs are als doing my head in with scents like oriental thunder, Vietnamese vaccuum or succulent screwdriver. I'll never understand the impatience of smokers, can't even wait until half-time!

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Smokers at football matches. I may have to ask my local football club's representatives to implement a smoking ban for the 2017/2018 season.

And it's not just regular fag smoke, those e-cigs are als doing my head in with scents like oriental thunder, Vietnamese vaccuum or succulent screwdriver. I'll never understand the impatience of smokers, can't even wait until half-time!

I watch quite a lot of non league at Grantham Town and people do it all the time. I remember wondering whether I should raise the issue with the steward, until I saw the steward was himself smoking!

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm a smoker, who has made the switch to vaping and I agree with you. many smokers just have to be puffing away all the time. I rarely smoked when I was out doing things, unless I was at the pub

11 hours ago, The Blur said:

Have you tried switching main driver on the policy?  In the end, I had to list my girlfriend as the main driver to save around £400 even that I had two years no claim bonus and she does not.  Daft.  

Except if you're actually the main driver that's insurance fraud...

58 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Except if you're actually the main driver that's insurance fraud...

Nope,  we drive the car on an equal basis.  I used to be the main driver as I was older than her and it was cheaper back then. 

Edited by The Blur

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

The Sun

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39603942

Should and probably is a thread on its own but this paper should actually be held to account at some point.....

Was literally about to post 'The Sun' (or The Scum as it should be referred to now) the second you posted.

Disgusting newspaper.

Think it's even worse than The News of the World was.

It seems that it's aim is to bring out the worst of people and situations and feel like they're the voice of the whole population and make accusations that may the victims want to bite back at them via the satisfaction of this worthless newspaper.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Commented in the premier league thread where it was also posted.

It's painfully unfunny and highly offensive to Barkley and he should be suspended for offending someone needlessly and writing a shit article, but it's not racist. Calling a white guy who just happens to be related to a black guy a gorilla isn't racist anyway, but he doesn't even do that, he compares Barkley's gormless facial expression to a gorilla in a zoo. It's simply not racist. Black person and the mention of a primate does not always equal racism, listen to the context things are said in.

Calling this racist just cheapens real racism.

Calm down lad and follow a bit of your own advice.

I'm not calling anything, anything.

I'm commenting on an article that is such absolute fuching shite, shouldn't warrant publication without some kind of considerable mention of distain and abhorrence. 

Dont jump down my throat because I said the paper should be held to account for printing shite.

Did I mention racism?

No.

Surprised at your reply frankly!

So - follow your own advice and read / listen to the context things are said / written in.

It's just a publication that feeds hate and ignorance and the clever twats that write it know it.

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm commenting on an article that is such absolute fuching shite, shouldn't warrant publication without some kind of considerable mention of distain and abhorrence. 

Dont jump down my throat because I said the paper should be held to account for printing shite.

Did I mention racism?

No.

So - follow your own advice and read / listen to the context things are said / written in.

It's just a publication that feeds hate and ignorance and the clever twats that write it know it.

I was commenting on the article too not having a go at you! lol Maybe it's you who needs to calm down lol 

I would suggest though that your OTT defence probably means you do think it's racist. You know, thou doth protest too much and all that. lol 

Edited by Facecloth

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Did I mention racism?

No.

lol you've had a mare here swan! 

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I was connecting on the article too not having a go at you! lol Maybe it's you who needs to calm down lol 

In fairness you replied to me and said I should take into consideration stuff I never even mentioned!

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

In fairness you replied to me and said I should take into consideration stuff I never even mentioned!

I never actually directed anything directly at you. Never said you should do anything etc. You posted the article I quoted you to add my comment and made general comments about the article.

48 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Commented in the premier league thread where it was also posted.

It's painfully unfunny and highly offensive to Barkley and he should be suspended for offending someone needlessly and writing a shit article, but it's not racist. Calling a white guy who just happens to be related to a black guy a gorilla isn't racist anyway, but he doesn't even do that, he compares Barkley's gormless facial expression to a gorilla in a zoo. It's simply not racist. Black person and the mention of a primate does not always equal racism, listen to the context things are said in.

Calling this racist just cheapens real racism.

Boom.