Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Sounds pretty tempting lol I was using a dropper to try and suck out any wax rather than put the olive oil in, didn't work

It works and i'd definitely recommend it! Watch a vouple of youtube videos on how much pressure to put into flushing the water in. I had 2 weeks of ear problems solved in minutes.

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Sounds pretty tempting lol I was using a dropper to try and suck out any wax rather than put the olive oil in, didn't work

Patience is a virtue, you can do some serious damage by ****ing around poking and squirting stuff in your ears (behave.)

Just need to keep using the otex and biding your time.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
13 hours ago, pds said:

I was similar before Christmas. Really depressing. In the end just used the dropper that comes with Otex and flushed warm water with high pressure into my ear and eventually about a pound of wax flew out of each ear! Disgusting but satisfying!

I had this done a few years back, the feeling is immense, like getting super hearing. I remember walking up the road hearing sounds I never even knew existed. Have you ever heard the sweet, satisfying crispness of a Mars bar wrapper being cycled over? 

22 hours ago, Beliall said:

I'm gonna have a moan on here.

My ears are really getting on my tits, for 3 weeks now they have ached and been blocked, I have been to the doctors 5 times and the hospital once (yesterday) got sent home from there as they were too busy and so I went straight to the doctors for my latest consult, got prescribed more painkillers, anti biotics and ear spray, woke up this morning and can hardly hear a thing. its been one ear or the other but today its both. Can hardly hear myself type this post. Got another appointment at the docs on Friday, if it still isn't cleared up then they will refer me to ear nose and throat for the Saturday. And the wife just told me off for having my volume too high because shes worried our arsehole neighbours will complain about the noise. Pretty pissed off today

It sounds very much like an ear infection, to me.

I had the same problem, last year, and it failed to respond to three different kinds of antibiotics (ear-spray, then a broad-spectrum oral, then a targeted oral after a swab to identify the bacteria). Finally my GP called ENT at LRI, and the Doctor he spoke with advised him to prescribe some antibiotic eye drops :o. They cleared it up in 48 hrs. 

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

It sounds very much like an ear infection, to me.

I had the same problem, last year, and it failed to respond to three different kinds of antibiotics (ear-spray, then a broad-spectrum oral, then a targeted oral after a swab to identify the bacteria). Finally my GP called ENT at LRI, and the Doctor he spoke with advised him to prescribe some antibiotic eye drops :o. They cleared it up in 48 hrs. 

They took a swab on monday, going back Friday for the results, so hopefully will be sorted soon. its been a pretty terrible experience with the ear keeping me up at night, and the doctors being pretty shit overall. 5 appointments with 5 different people all prescribing the first thing that gets me out the door fastest. only the most recent actually bothered to have a decent look and take a swab. my Friday visit is with a 6th doc btw lol 

Edited by Beliall

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

They took a swab on monday, going back Friday for the results, so hopefully will be sorted soon. its been a pretty terrible experience with the ear keeping me up at night, and the doctors being pretty shit overall. 5 appointments with 5 different people all prescribing the first thing that gets me out the door fastest. only the most recent actually bothered to have a decent look and take a swab. my Friday visit is with a 6th doc btw lol 

That mirrors my experience.

I hope they sort it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Car insurance premium has shot up. I've only been driving for 2 years, but I've never had a claim. It's gone from £590 to £824 (924 if direct debit)! I've found cover for £613, so I'll move but I thought this was supposed to get easier as you get older. 

Not sure but take it you're 24 or about to be this year (based on your profile info)?

Under-25's, as well as those in their 70's & 80's, have more of a chance of being involved in a road accident, apparently, so insurance companies often push premiums up based on this assumption.

I turned 25 in February and have a poor than an average 25 or under individual, 4 car bump incidents (2 I admitted were my fault), though not had an accident in the past two years, and my premium is nearly £2,000!..

But been advised recently, in order to get it down a bit, to go on some 'Advanced Driving' courses to improve my awareness in various situations in particular and show I have the confidence and ability to stop being in an accident again (or in your case prevent yourself from being in incidents via specifically-trained road courses).

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Car insurance premium has shot up. I've only been driving for 2 years, but I've never had a claim. It's gone from £590 to £824 (924 if direct debit)! I've found cover for £613, so I'll move but I thought this was supposed to get easier as you get older. 

Have you tried a price comparison site?

@Beliall I often get ears blocked but have never had it at the same type.

Have you tried the drop of oil in the ear solution?

I went to the docs once as I was having similar issues to you. I asked for my ears to be unblocked using a syringe which squirts water in to your ear and loosens up the wax for it to just fall out. But before they did the syringe they advised the oil thing for every day for 2 weeks and then go back and get them syringed. 

North Korea and Russia.

It's nearly every week the former country 'tests' missiles whilst knowing themselves that they're unable reach the US and China like they want to and fail miserably by firing them into the sea of Japan.

Russia because most international incidents like the various corporation and US Presidential hacking scandals, and their involvement in killing innocent civilians in Syria etc and blaming the west for it despite various global experts via their analysis blaming them for it.

They can get what they deserve but nothing will stop their attention-seeking exploits. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

North Korea and Russia.

It's nearly every week the former country 'tests' missiles whilst knowing themselves that they're unable reach the US and China like they want to and fail miserably by firing them into the sea of Japan.

Russia because most international incidents like the various corporation and US Presidential hacking scandals, and their involvement in killing innocent civilians in Syria etc and blaming the west for it despite various global experts via their analysis blaming them for it.

They can get what they deserve but nothing will stop their attention-seeking exploits. 

I'm pretty sure NK could reach China if they wished - they share a land border.

I'm equally sure that they wouldn't wish to.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

@Beliall I often get ears blocked but have never had it at the same type.

Have you tried the drop of oil in the ear solution?

I went to the docs once as I was having similar issues to you. I asked for my ears to be unblocked using a syringe which squirts water in to your ear and loosens up the wax for it to just fall out. But before they did the syringe they advised the oil thing for every day for 2 weeks and then go back and get them syringed. 

Yes. This problem has been going on since before Christmas, its only the last few weeks they got properly blocked, I have tried olive oil drops in the ear when they were irritated, and recently when they were blocked but the oil just made it worse, it just sat in my ear and deafend me even more. The Nurse practitioner said she would syringe because she couldnt see well enough what is in there. She was the one who suggested i go to A&E for micro suction, but they turned me away after an hours wait 

21 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

That is weird, I have just got an email from my current provider that have increased my quote (it is coming up for renewal in two weeks)  despite the fact I have not been involved in any accidents.  I am not sure if it is an automated email therefore there was some kind of miscalculation on their part or a genuine quote.  Going to look in it soon.  

21 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure but take it you're 24 or about to be this year (based on your profile info)?

Under-25's, as well as those in their 70's & 80's, have more of a chance of being involved in a road accident, apparently, so insurance companies often push premiums up based on this assumption.

I turned 25 in February and have a poor than an average 25 or under individual, 4 car bump incidents (2 I admitted were my fault), though not had an accident in the past two years, and my premium is nearly £2,000!..

But been advised recently, in order to get it down a bit, to go on some 'Advanced Driving' courses to improve my awareness in various situations in particular and show I have the confidence and ability to stop being in an accident again (or in your case prevent yourself from being in incidents via specifically-trained road courses).

20 hours ago, Webbo said:

Have you tried a price comparison site?

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

That is weird, I have just got an email from my current provider that have increased my quote (it is coming up for renewal in two weeks)  despite the fact I have not been involved in any accidents.  I am not sure if it is an automated email therefore there was some kind of miscalculation on their part or a genuine quote.  Going to look in it soon.  

Yeah I'm 23 mate.

I found the £613 on Compare the Market, but Go Compare's website would give an error message as soon as I got to the final stage, so I'll try again later. I sent my provider an email to ask why it's gone up so much and their response was that "Due to unforeseen circumstances in the insurance industry this year, prices have increased." Whilst this is the normal bollocks you'd expect to receive, they're not the only ones. This time last year, I found loads of decent quotes and no one is giving the same prices this year. 

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah I'm 23 mate.

I found the £613 on Compare the Market, but Go Compare's website would give an error message as soon as I got to the final stage, so I'll try again later. I sent my provider an email to ask why it's gone up so much and their response was that "Due to unforeseen circumstances in the insurance industry this year, prices have increased." Whilst this is the normal bollocks you'd expect to receive, they're not the only ones. This time last year, I found loads of decent quotes and no one is giving the same prices this year. 

Your brain aint big enough yet mate ...   sorry.    Don't laugh ...   it was one of those interesting bits of bolox that they mentioned on a speed awareness course I went on (yes @buce I was driving my GTS Tractor with the go fast stripe down the side that day and was doing, wait for it, 36 in a 30 !!!!    :)) ...    apparently your brain is not fully developed until you are 25 and this is reflected in insurance premiums.

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I turned 25 in February ...

You Wymes, are now the proud owner of a fully developed brain ...     Congratulations ! ...   I'll raise a cheeky pint to you when I'm down the pub tonight ! ...   :thumbup:

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah I'm 23 mate.

It's normal practice to increase your renewal, for every person that questions it there's somebody else that accepts the quoted price. Sometimes if you do a quote as a new customer they'll give you a much lower price, they're just trying their luck. Just shop around and find the lowest quote, see if they'll match or beat it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Your brain aint big enough yet mate ...   sorry.    Don't laugh ...   it was one of those interesting bits of bolox that they mentioned on a speed awareness course I went on (yes @buce I was driving my GTS Tractor with the go fast stripe down the side that day and was doing, wait for it, 36 in a 30 !!!!    :)) ...    apparently your brain is not fully developed until you are 25 and this is reflected in insurance premiums.

You Wymes, are now the proud owner of a fully developed brain ...     Congratulations ! ...   I'll raise a cheeky pint to you when I'm down the pub tonight ! ...   :thumbup:

Countryfox                                                                                               Countryplod                               

pimp-tractor.jpg.64603e68eda8e5a4da9494e0f2fb1fea.jpg58e638b8e3cc6_Policetractor.thumb.jpg.7a92de7a4a1eff1ca888ccc1564046e6.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, potter3 said:

It's normal practice to increase your renewal, for every person that questions it there's somebody else that accepts the quoted price. Sometimes if you do a quote as a new customer they'll give you a much lower price, they're just trying their luck. Just shop around and find the lowest quote, see if they'll match or beat it.

I did try it as a new customer and it was even more expensive! I don't know if my old car is all of a sudden bad news for insurers. 

36 minutes ago, Buce said:

Countryfox                                                                                               Countryplod                               

pimp-tractor.jpg.64603e68eda8e5a4da9494e0f2fb1fea.jpg58e638b8e3cc6_Policetractor.thumb.jpg.7a92de7a4a1eff1ca888ccc1564046e6.jpg

lol :appl:

Regarding Car Insurance.

It was on the radio a few weeks ago that all insurance premiums were going up (cant remember the reason why). It is normal practise though for your insurance renewal to go up as many people don't bother checking and just leave it. Ive always found myself looking for a cheaper quote and the cheapest ends up being with the same company you are currently with. :ermm:

A quick phone call and they do it at that price. They are thieving bar stewards though

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Regarding Car Insurance.

It was on the radio a few weeks ago that all insurance premiums were going up (cant remember the reason why). 

Increased tax on your premiums in the autumn statement being passed down. 

• Like 1