Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Each case is very, very, very different to be fair. 

My mother went to a few ms support groups in the earlier days and had a best friend with ms that she bonded with because of the disease. Lots of highly, highly functioning people. 

This best friend essentially just lived with some occasional chronic fatigue and episodes of pins and needles and this was a woman in her fifties who'd had the disease most her life. For some people that's the extent of it so even if you get a result of positive, it's really not the end of the world. 

Meeting my mother would terrify and depress anyone diagnosed with the disease as basically every possible symptom she has, chronically and severely. It's a mess. But she's also a completely freak and unfortunate case. 

Plus, like I said, they've made so many breakthroughs over the last twenty years that my mum was just too late for as by and large they slow down the onset symptoms so the earlier you start the better. 

I've avoided googling anything for obvious reasons.  The lady I know is not in the greatest of shape, but she seems to cope & just gets on with things.  That's really all I know - what she is like & what she has told me over the years.

Thanks.  Your input has been really helpful. 

Opening a thread on the Peter Jackson WW1 documentary and seeing the typical comments about how the world today is soft and suffering and death is somehow something to aspire to as a person and that we should have more of both around.

Of course, that's not exactly what the commentators wrote, but it's basically what they imply.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Opening a thread on the Peter Jackson WW1 documentary and seeing the typical comments about how the world today is soft and suffering and death is somehow something to aspire to as a person and that we should have more of both around.

Of course, that's not exactly what the commentators wrote, but it's basically what they imply.

Don't get me started. All the Facebook memes comparing young people today to young people who fought in the two world wars can absolutely get in the bin. Strange how these are always posted by people who were born after both world wars too.

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Strange how these are always posted by people who were born after both world wars too.

Not really that strange is it? World War 2 ended in 1945, I don't know many over the age of 73 who are on it.

When I go to the legion they are all pretty much unanimous though in that young people are twats - they include me in that as well.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Not really that strange is it? World War 2 ended in 1945, I don't know many over the age of 73 who are on it.

When I go to the legion they are all pretty much unanimous though in that young people are twats - they include me in that as well.

i think most old people are cu nts tbf (not my nan tho she’s sound) 

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Was trying to be ironic, obviously didn't come across very well. Generations who have never been conscripted or fought in a war slating generations below them for never being conscripted or fighting in a war. Beyond parody, folks who indulge in that kind of virtue signalling shite.

Side note, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the Peter Jackson film. Absolutely remarkable what can be done with colourising old footage now.

5 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

This is a small grind and I really don’t know why it bothers me,but it does.

Lorry Drivers( that’s not it) that display number plates with ta nickname on them.

Today I saw “ muscles””Dads cab” and a fat bloke called “ Tiny”

On a similar note to this the banal mottos some people put on their trucks.  There's a civic construction firm nearby who adorn their trucks with the line "it is wot it is" quote marks and all. Actually that's a double grind because I detest the 'quirky' misspelling in the middle.

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

On a similar note to this the banal mottos some people put on their trucks.  There's a civic construction firm nearby who adorn their trucks with the line "it is wot it is" quote marks and all. Actually that's a double grind because I detest the 'quirky' misspelling in the middle.

Trying to think of who that is.

GE BE transport near us quote “We won’t sting you” on their trucks 

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Don't get me started. All the Facebook memes comparing young people today to young people who fought in the two world wars can absolutely get in the bin. Strange how these are always posted by people who were born after both world wars too.

Right.

You know what the worst part is? The seeming ignorance of the truth that a world with less suffering and death of vulnerable people was exactly what those soldiers who went through that suffering did it for.

So when these idiotic keyboard warriors go on about how "soft" the world is today, they're actually pissing on the legacy of the soldiers that they claim to venerate.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Side note, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the Peter Jackson film. Absolutely remarkable what can be done with colourising old footage now.

It looks very good.

People on trains in the ‘quiet zone’ shouting on their mobile phones. 

Just shut the fvck up or go to a different carriage. We don’t all need to hear how busy and important you are and we don’t give a fvck.

48 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

People on trains in the ‘quiet zone’ shouting on their mobile phones. 

Just shut the fvck up or go to a different carriage. We don’t all need to hear how busy and important you are and we don’t give a fvck.

Surprised you've been in one where someone's gotten away with it at all. Every time I've been in one they've been policed by busybody nutters who seem prepared to chuck someone through the train window for as much as dropping a pin. 

33 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Surprised you've been in one where someone's gotten away with it at all. Every time I've been in one they've been policed by busybody nutters who seem prepared to chuck someone through the train window for as much as dropping a pin. 

That's me you are describing lol

It's called the quiet carriage for a reason.

4 hours ago, Beliall said:

But they are wires, thats why we have wireless versions

A cable is a bundle of wires, so the term "wireless" is correct.

If you are asking to borrow a USB cable and you call it a wire, I want to slice the flex off and pull the wires apart, and ask "which wire did you want to borrow?"

57 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

A cable is a bundle of wires, so the term "wireless" is correct.

If you are asking to borrow a USB cable and you call it a wire, I want to slice the flex off and pull the wires apart, and ask "which wire did you want to borrow?"

they're all leads to me anyway

• Like 1