Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

Dude im with you 100% on this, my name is also James,, I introduce myself as James. but im Jim, always Jim, by everyone. i hate the nickname.

What do you think of the name Jamie Jim ? ....   :)

Edited by Countryfox

Migraines. I've mentioned them in here before, but under medication I've been pretty much clear for 2 and half years. But I think my medication is losing effect, as this weekend they've come back. 1 on saturday, 2 on sunday and 1 yesterday. I lose all confidence of just being able to go about my normal day as I never know when an attack will strike, it's a horrible feeling. I get the aura in my eye, so when an attack hits I'm pretty much stuck where I am until it passes and then I have to get myself home with an excruciating headache and a overbearing feeling of sickness. And it's not like having a dodgy stomach or something, I can't chill out on the sofa watching TV, I have to go bed in dark room and try and sleep it off. You basically lose the rest of the day. I thought I was past it all, so it's really annoying to feel like I'm back at square one.

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Migraines. I've mentioned them in here before, but under medication I've been pretty much clear for 2 and half years. But I think my medication is losing effect, as this weekend they've come back. 1 on saturday, 2 on sunday and 1 yesterday. I lose all confidence of just being able to go about my normal day as I never know when an attack will strike, it's a horrible feeling. I get the aura in my eye, so when an attack hits I'm pretty much stuck where I am until it passes and then I have to get myself home with an excruciating headache and a overbearing feeling of sickness. And it's not like having a dodgy stomach or something, I can't chill out on the sofa watching TV, I have to go bed in dark room and try and sleep it off. You basically lose the rest of the day. I thought I was past it all, so it's really annoying to feel like I'm back at square one.

Do you think it’s got anything to do with what’s been happening Flannel ? ...   it which case it’s a bit of a one off and not down to the meds losing effect ...

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Do you think it’s got anything to do with what’s been happening Flannel ? ...   it which case it’s a bit of a one off and not down to the meds losing effect ...

Started Saturday afternoon CF, before the game. And tbf, my dad dying never had a effect, so I doubt this would. I've never found a trigger, I've kept food diaries and all that stuff, but never managed to pinpoint it to one thing.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Started Saturday afternoon CF, before the game. And tbf, my dad dying never had a effect, so I doubt this would. I've never found a trigger, I've kept food diaries and all that stuff, but never managed to pinpoint it to one thing.

Yeah sorry mate I’m pretty sure you would have worked that one out ..  bin posting some silly posts last few days !!!      Migraines can be nasty fookin things and don’t get much sympathy from a lot of people.

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yeah sorry mate I’m pretty sure you would have worked that one out ..  bin posting some silly posts last few days !!!      Migraines can be nasty fookin things and don’t get much sympathy from a lot of people.

No worries mate.

They are horrible, and people who don't suffer, often don't understand. I think people think you're making an excuse to get out of work or that it's just a headache and you're being a wimp.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Facecloth said:

No worries mate.

They are horrible, and people who don't suffer, often don't understand. I think people think you're making an excuse to get out of work or that it's just a headache and you're being a wimp.

I used to get a couple of migraines a week in my teens but suffer very few now.  When a migraine struck I basically couldn't do much, I couldn't think clearly, I had a pain like someone was sticking a needle in my eye and certainly couldn't drive.  They lasted for 12 - 18 hours each and seriously messed up my life.  Non-sufferers think a migraine is just a bad headache, they have no idea of its debilitating effects.

When I was in my 40s I suffered a problem with a subluxation in my spine which caused pain in one arm which could double me up.  I was sent to a chiropractor who sorted me out.  He believed that many conditions affecting the central nervous system had origins in the function of the spinal chord (which made sense to me) and that the pain in my arm has such a cause.  I didn't tell him about my migraines which I was still getting between two and four times a month.  However after starting my sessions with the chiropractor the migraines became more infrequent.  I now get only three or four a year.  This could be age-related or it could be due to my chiropractor's treatment (I still have a few 'maintenance' visits per year).  Anyway it may be worth considering if other treatments fail.

Plasterers. £300+ per day, well I say per day as it's 8.30am to 2pm really. Had enough of them big time. Been in the building trade all my working like and watched them over the years and seriously they are not worth the money they charge. 

Anyway i was going to do a crash course but I don't think I'll bother. I might as well learn myself haha! 

EVERY YEAR, the things that people in this country can't believe:

How cold it is

How rainy it is

How dark it is

How quickly this year has gone

How close to Christmas it is

How the price of a Cadbury's Freddo has gone up

Don't we have anything else to talk about?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

How cold it is

How rainy it is

How dark it is

I cant believe how quickly it got cold though

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

How cold it is

How rainy it is

How dark it is

come on bro this year has been nuts. about ten days ago it was like 18 degrees, outside of boozers were busier than inside and you’d be carrying your jacket. and this week it’s been verging on zero, i haven’t felt me toes outside for 7 days and the amount of people who smoke on nights out has gone from 90% to about 5%. 

it is unbelievable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

How cold it is

How rainy it is

How dark it is

I still can’t believe it’s not butter

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

How cold it is

How rainy it is

How dark it is

Bit cold though innit

On 01/11/2018 at 05:58, The soup nazi said:

Plasterers. £300+ per day, well I say per day as it's 8.30am to 2pm really. Had enough of them big time. Been in the building trade all my working like and watched them over the years and seriously they are not worth the money they charge. 

Anyway i was going to do a crash course but I don't think I'll bother. I might as well learn myself haha! 

Thing is unless you have extreme patience the job can get ugly fast. I did this work at my dads and its bitch work. If your fine with that then so be it.  Ive always found it was somewhat of an art to make the seems/transistions smooth and perfect. I have 0 patience for plaster/drywall work.

Wilful ignorance. 

The spring racing carnival.

July 2017- July2018...

• 119 horses killed on track for a number of reasons most commonly for catastrophic front limb injury (56)
  • On average one horse will die on Australian racetracks every 3 days
  • 16 horses collapsed and died
  • 11 horses died from cardiac causes
  • 4 horses died from bleeds
  • The state with the highest recorded deaths was NSW (52) followed by VIC and QLD (24)
  • 46 of the horses that were killed had been raced as a 2 year old

Every time you watch a football match and are greeted with Jeff Stelling and the Soccer Saturday boys, before they spontaneously combust, telling you that when the fun stops, stop and to gamble responsibly. And here are the odds to keep you going in the meantime.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This morning I got to the Tesco checkout with all my shopping only to be told they weren't open for another 15 minutes... why let people in, then?

Sunday trading laws I believe - can't legally sell any items until a certain time (11am?)

You're allowed 'browsing' time but they may let you earlier so you can gather all your shopping and perhaps it saves them a mad rush at 11am...

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sunday trading laws I believe - can't legally sell any items until a certain time (11am?)

You're allowed 'browsing' time but they may let you earlier so you can gather all your shopping and perhaps it saves them a mad rush at 11am...

Yeah man but it's basic common courtesy to be like "have a gander, pal, but we won't open the tills for another half hour" or something  when they let you in the door. Cheeky feckers were late opening too after making about 10 of us look like gimps for quarter of an hour (it was 10am for this place).

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah man but it's basic common courtesy to be like "have a gander, pal, but we won't open the tills for another half hour" or something  when they let you in the door. Cheeky feckers were late opening too after making about 10 of us look like gimps for quarter of an hour (it was 10am for this place).

lol that's a bit shit that they've not told you that to be fair, or at least had a sign or tannoy announcement.

I used to work at Matalan and there were clear signs on the doors that you could come in at 10.30am on a Sunday but we were not allowed to serve til 11am, as well as a rolling message every 5 minutes or so over the tannoy.