Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just watched a couple guilt trip a young girl into moving from a 4-seat table to one of the double seats on an as-yet empty train, just so they could sit across from each other to talk about important business person things instead of doing it sat side by side or, God forbid, with this girl still sitting there (3 goes into 4 last time I checked).

Karma prevails though as they've been joined by another couple including a bloke with the sweatiest back in the country :D

Idiots, surely they would have been better off having a 2 seater so no one sits beside them at a future stop. Better yet, either pre book seats or move to 1st class. 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just watched a couple guilt trip a young girl into moving from a 4-seat table to one of the double seats on an as-yet empty train, just so they could sit across from each other to talk about important business person things instead of doing it sat side by side or, God forbid, with this girl still sitting there (3 goes into 4 last time I checked).

Karma prevails though as they've been joined by another couple including a bloke with the sweatiest back in the country :D

Take a shower as soon as you get home Llama ...    and perhaps a visit to the doctors might help ...   :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Rude drivers who either a) fail to give way or b) are too ignorant or miserable to acknowledge when given way to. 

Feeling intensified when they're older drivers who seem to believe being older gives them extra rights. 

I hate that ...    always crosses my mind if I was a time traveler and it happened I would rewind a minute and then give them the finger ...

Red Hill island, can't wait till Loughborough Road is reopened that roundabout is fvcking chaos at rush hour every day. The amount of cvnts that purposefully get in the wrong lane then try to muscle their way in at the last minute is ridiculous at the moment

• Like 1

Travel snobs. Or more the sad fact I've turned into such a travel snob over the past few years.

I know its wrong and anyone who works hard has the right to go on holiday wherever they want but my subconscious instantly judges someone when they're going to the usual Jet2 style hols. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Travel snobs. Or more the sad fact I've turned into such a travel snob over the past few years.

I know its wrong and anyone who works hard has the right to go on holiday wherever they want but my subconscious instantly judges someone when they're going to the usual Jet2 style hols. 

This grinds your gears? lol

Guess we  all have sad problems with how we judge others. At least you can admit it.

17 hours ago, Nalis said:

I'm the same, and I don't like it either

If someone says they're going on holiday and I ask where, and they reply with "Wales", I immediately think "that doesn't count"

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Haha 2

When announcers say "there is a quarter of an hour left to go".

The game is usually timed in minutes, we say what minute they score/sent off etc so can't we just say 15 minutes left?

Not really a grind but small annoyance for me. 

#firstworldproblems

People who just talk/moan about money and materialistic things. We've got a few local 'friends' who are parents of kids who go to school with ours and they occasionally pop over now and again for a cuppa tea and a catch up. The conversation always goes the same way..

Moan about the school/head teacher

Brag about how smart their kids are

Brag about their last holiday

Brag about their next holiday

Moan about their work

Brag about how much they own

Moan about not having as much as the Jones'

Blah, blah, blah

No depth to the conversation whatsoever. They never ask any questions about us, it's always about them. 

Just fvck off you boring, shallow, egotistical sad twats and stop wasting my time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

People who just talk/moan about money and materialistic things. We've got a few local 'friends' who are parents of kids who go to school with ours and they occasionally pop over now and again for a cuppa tea and a catch up. The conversation always goes the same way..

Moan about their work

Blah, blah, blah

No depth to the conversation whatsoever. They never ask any questions about us, it's always about them. 

Just fvck off you boring, shallow, egotistical sad twats and stop wasting my time.

say that next time you see them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

say that next time you see them

I'd love to but our kids are friends with theirs so it could be a bit awkward ;)

The sad thing is they all live in massive houses, drive great cars, have loads of money, nannies, the lot - but they're grumpy as fvck and never happy with their lot. Always striving for 'more' and trying to keep up with others.

Just goes to show money doesn't always make you happy.

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'd love to but our kids are friends with theirs so it could be a bit awkward ;)

The sad thing is they all live in massive houses, drive great cars, have loads of money, nannies, the lot - but they're grumpy as fvck and never happy with their lot. Always striving for 'more' and trying to keep up with others.

The hedonic treadmill

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

hmm, thats where my wife comes in, i get to be the bastard and she makes nice with the neighbours

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Moan about their work

Blah, blah, blah

Play them this..... ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Moan about their work

Blah, blah, blah

Tell em your a bit short this month and could use a lift.  Win win

• Haha 1