Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

25 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

When  people put the bog/toilet paper roll on the wrong way.

3042884d9392bdff2d7ea19a5f96a65e.jpg

The second should result in a beating.

The third is a hanging offence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

When  people put the bog/toilet paper roll on the wrong way.

3042884d9392bdff2d7ea19a5f96a65e.jpg

I've done 3 before, when my cat was a kitten he used to jump up and pull all the toilet roll off if I did 1. He's grown out it now, so I'm back to being normal.

12 minutes ago, pds said:

Don't think I've ever thought about it. Don't have a preferred way (aside from definitely not 3).

What is the issue with 2?

It sticks to the wall (static) so you have to poke at it, peel it off, fight with it to get it where it should naturally be. Taking a shit in peace with no distractions, no problems is a mans god given right. Having to fumble with the roll each time you rip a few sheets off is not cool.

22 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

It sticks to the wall (static) so you have to poke at it, peel it off, fight with it to get it where it should naturally be. Taking a shit in peace with no distractions, no problems is a mans god given right. Having to fumble with the roll each time you rip a few sheets off is not cool.

What? Is your toilet next to an electric fence or something? lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

2 is correct, there's even a Simpsons reference to it I cba to dig out

'Toilet paper held in improper overhand fashion'

The one where Bart, Lisa and Maggie are fostered by the Flandereses I believe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Also, if it's in the bathroom and someone has has a really hot shower, if the roll is as in no 2, it sticks to the wall due to the condensation, so you're wiping your bum with soggy paper!

10 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

Also, if it's in the bathroom and someone has has a really hot shower, if the roll is as in no 2, it sticks to the wall due to the condensation, so you're wiping your bum with soggy paper!

Nothing worse, especially if it’s cheap bog paper.

You can literally end up being in touch with your inner self :o

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've done 3 before, when my cat was a kitten he used to jump up and pull all the toilet roll off if I did 1. He's grown out it now, so I'm back to being normal and not taking the cat with me to the toilet..

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

The allocation of FA Cup Final tickets.

Our tin pot local club that I coach the U10's for down here in Bucks, have received 2 Cup Final tickets in the Man City end from a ballot they enter every year.

The club chairman has posted a message on the parents WhatsApp groups for the U7'S, U8's & U10's asking who'd like to be entered into a draw to see who wins them.

Messages received back from parents so far include: "Nah, you're alright thanks". "No, not bothered", "No thanks, don't like Man City or Watford" and my personal favorite "We won't be entering the draw as 2 tickets isn't enough" :rolleyes:

Meanwhile up in Manchester, there's probably Man City fans crying out for these who can't get tickets because they've only been allocated 28,000. 

I get that it's the FA's cup they can allocate tickets to local associations to 'grow the game' etc, but it still doesn't seem fair. Can't even give them away down here.

Completely agree, mate.

Ideally, all tickets should go to the two clubs.

• Like 2

It's a shame the corporate seats are opposite the TV cameras. Even at major events like the FA cup final, after half time the stadium appears half empty whilst the prawn sandwich lot have other priorities. The world is watching too.

As an aside: The premier league win was great of course, but I hope I live long enough to see us win the FA cup.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

Roadworks/Groundworks

Work has constantly been on going at various points down the road I live on for the past year or two, temporary traffic lights up and down.

Currently the work is going on directly outside my house, woke up to the sounds of a jackhammer going at 8am on a Sunday.

Not even had any notification of the works either.

To add to this it causing issues getting out my drive onto the road - The roads down to a single lane with means either way the traffic flowing, when I pull onto the road people are going mad at me because it's their right of way.

I wouldn't mind somewhat if they were improving the road surfaces as I slag the state of the roads off a fair bit but they're not, they're arguably ripping them up and making them even worse.

Edited by Matt

VAT.

What a complete rip-off it is. I've just ordered some hiking gear from the US, and by the time I've paid import duty and VAT, the Sterling price will be about the same as the dollar price. I'm being taxed twice on the same money.

• Like 2