Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

YouTube suggestions of videos such as "Nigel Farage destroys silly remainer snowflake" when a) I have zero interest in anything Nigel Farage or the silly remainer snowflake have to say, b) you're watching something like an old episode of One Foot In The Grave which bears no relation to that crap and c) the title contains "snowflake" which means the uploader probably gets upset by a female Doctor Who ruining reality or some shit like that.

Clog up the suggestions with related things, please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Wouldn't go as far as saying its grinds my gears but not worth a thread or whatever

Its a free country and all but why are there regular posters on here who support other clubs?

I reckon they initially sign up to FT 'in peace' to wish us well, congratulate us, sympathize or whatever and then get a decent response so hang around a bit (or forever in the case of the @The Bear :D)

They probably also have a nose around our forum when on here and then realise its 10 times better than their own clubs forum so stick around even more and start to contribute.

And then there's those who support other clubs but live/work in Leics so probably just keen on being updated on their 'local' club so they can have the craic with Leicester fans at work.

As Peaky says above, providing they respect FT and don't get confrontational then it's a compliment really (and they're all closet Leicester fans but won't admit it :thumbup:)

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I reckon they initially sign up to FT 'in peace' to wish us well, congratulate us, sympathize or whatever and then get a decent response so hang around a bit (or forever in the case of the @The Bear :D)

They probably also have a nose around our forum when on here and then realise its 10 times better than their own clubs forum so stick around even more and start to contribute.

And then there's those who support other clubs but live/work in Leics so probably just keen on being updated on their 'local' club so they can have the craic with Leicester fans at work.

As Peaky says above, providing they respect FT and don't get confrontational then it's a compliment really (and they're all closet Leicester fans but won't admit it :thumbup:)

...and then there was Lamby who was just grateful to be accepted somewhere/anywhere.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Both of those apply to me. Joined when we bought Stearman off you. I also work in Coalville so know plenty of Leicester fans. 

Ultimately it's just another discussion forum. I rarely venture into the Leicester section. 

58 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Both of those apply to me. Joined when we bought Stearman off you. I also work in Coalville so know plenty of Leicester fans. 

Ultimately it's just another discussion forum. I rarely venture into the Leicester section. 

This is it really. Forums are a bit of a dying breed with everyone on twitter, reddit, discord and the like these days. 

It means a lot of forums for more general shit have faded significantly. Foxestalk is a pretty strong, busy community with a lot of content. It has appeal beyond lcfc. 

I used to be on a couple of Cardiff / Swansea boards for chat about the national team but tbh they were so dead I gave up. 

I get who they are and want to essentially fight a better future, but are they fvcking idiots to plan something like that? Yes, it's shocking. Yes, it has the desired effect to grab people's attention about who they are, what they do etc, but surely this is more dangerous than they actually think?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48470623

Extinction Rebellion planning 'drone chaos' at Heathrow airport for up to 10 days from 1st July. Yes it would cause chaos but at who's expense? Millions of travellers (not just UK-based) and surely millions (or billions?!) of pounds to the economy? 

They say they believe in 'non-violent' action and whilst this is non-violent, it's hardly bloody safe is it?!

Would love to see their reaction if ever they need to travel and some protestor for another cause(s) a delay for their journey...

On 31/05/2019 at 17:58, StanSP said:

I get who they are and want to essentially fight a better future, but are they fvcking idiots to plan something like that? Yes, it's shocking. Yes, it has the desired effect to grab people's attention about who they are, what they do etc, but surely this is more dangerous than they actually think?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48470623

Extinction Rebellion planning 'drone chaos' at Heathrow airport for up to 10 days from 1st July. Yes it would cause chaos but at who's expense? Millions of travellers (not just UK-based) and surely millions (or billions?!) of pounds to the economy? 

They say they believe in 'non-violent' action and whilst this is non-violent, it's hardly bloody safe is it?!

Would love to see their reaction if ever they need to travel and some protestor for another cause(s) a delay for their journey...

Revise the economy save the planet. Most of the government policy is actually anti-environment they need to pull their finger out and start thinking about the health and wellbeing of normal UK citizens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Emilia Clarke's smug face.

I am feeling rather smug that you have opened yourself up too easily for a retort.  I have a great meme below that totally reflect how I am feeling at the moment.

2019%252F04%252F23%252F4a%252F902c844fee

Edited by The Blur