Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Buce said:

VAT.

What a complete rip-off it is. I've just ordered some hiking gear from the US, and by the time I've paid import duty and VAT, the Sterling price will be about the same as the dollar price. I'm being taxed twice on the same money.

I liked your post because you were at 8998 on the community points. Trying to get you to 9000 pronto..plus taxes suck too!

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

I liked your post because you were at 8998 on the community points. Trying to get you to 9000 pronto..plus taxes suck too!

Thanks, Jatt. 

I think I’d have three times that many if there was a dislike button. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

So seeing as there was next to no interest from the parents for these FA Cup final tickets, our club Chairman decided to open up the draw to include Managers and Coaches.

Figured I might as well enter the draw and then find out today that I've won lol

So me and my boy off to watch the cup final next Saturday sitting with the Man City fans. It's always been on my bucket list to go to the cup final but I always hoped it would be to watch Leicester. Oh well, we had nothing else planned that afternoon and Wembley isn't that far from us.

I'll no doubt feel guilty for depriving life long Man City fans of the chance, but I'm sure I'll get over it :D

Or you could do the right thing and offer them to a real fan on Blue Moon...

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Or you could do the right thing and offer them to a real fan on Blue Moon...

Not allowed unfortunately otherwise I would.

Our club have to pay face value for them and one of the stipulations from the FA is that we them have to use them, and they can't be given or sold to a 3rd party. 

Stoopid rule IMO but I'll just do as I'm told. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

So seeing as there was next to no interest from the parents for these FA Cup final tickets, our club Chairman decided to open up the draw to include Managers and Coaches.

Figured I might as well enter the draw and then find out today that I've won lol

So me and my boy off to watch the cup final next Saturday sitting with the Man City fans. It's always been on my bucket list to go to the cup final but I always hoped it would be to watch Leicester. Oh well, we had nothing else planned that afternoon and Wembley isn't that far from us.

I'll no doubt feel guilty for depriving life long Man City fans of the chance, but I'm sure I'll get over it :D

I found myself in a similar situation 2012 ( Liverpool v Chelsea ). Had a great time with the scousers in a pub near to Wembley. I managed to get tickets through my local grassroots club. I did feel a bit guilty too. Although, it didn’t put me off going again the following year when Man City played Wigan :whistle:

Seriously, hope you both have a great time 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Thats awesome izzy, drop your lad off at mine for the wife to look after and we'll go on a jolly

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Estate agents who won't do viewings even slightly outside normal working hours. Do they not realise they work in an industry where being a bit flexible might actually help them attract a bit more business?

To piggyback on this a bit... Landlords who can only schedule anything M-F 9-5.

Need something fixing? Their phoneline is only open in those hours, then they'll only schedule a repairman to come around during those hours (within an 8-hour window... super helpful that is). Same with any gas inspections etc., with less than a weeks notice. We're fortunate that my partner has some weekdays off and my work is flexible enough to accomodate when needed, but its not unfeasible that I'd need to use up my annual leave so that I can make sure someone is in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xen said:

To piggyback on this a bit... Landlords who can only schedule anything M-F 9-5.

Need something fixing? Their phoneline is only open in those hours, then they'll only schedule a repairman to come around during those hours (within an 8-hour window... super helpful that is). Same with any gas inspections etc., with less than a weeks notice. We're fortunate that my partner has some weekdays off and my work is flexible enough to accomodate when needed, but its not unfeasible that I'd need to use up my annual leave so that I can make sure someone is in.

Full agree on that too. Luckily we're in the same situation as you describe, and my boss is flexible if I need to take an hour off here or there for something like that as well, but plenty of others aren't so lucky.

On 10/05/2019 at 10:54, Voll Blau said:

Estate agents who won't do viewings even slightly outside normal working hours. Do they not realise they work in an industry where being a bit flexible might actually help them attract a bit more business?

I do get your point but I suspect they probably get multiple requests everyday just like yours.  I do not think they fancy working overtime everyday but I do think all estate agents should look at adjusting their hours to start at 11am and finish at 7pm for an example.   

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Banning the paddy power ad with rhodri giggs one of the funniest commercials in recent years. All because apparently it glamorises gambling what a load of bollocks. 

Maybe someone didn't like it lol

On 09/05/2019 at 20:37, Izzy said:

I won some tickets to the Cup Final between City and Wigan in a similar sort of fashion a few years ago. Sat with the Wigan fans, by god they were shite considering the occasion. Went off when Ben Watson scored that header mind. 

You’ll have a great day mate. Not many people can say they’ve been to an FA Cup final (well it depends who you support I suppose!) I’m sure your lad will love it, just don’t let him get an ideas that they’re the best City! 

• Thanks 1

When people thank you in a whisper. You move aside for them, hold a door open, let them go first... etc and they say, "thank you" as though it's something to be deeply embarrassed about. They might as well say nothing!

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

When people thank you in a whisper. You move aside for them, hold a door open, let them go first... etc and they say, "thank you" as though it's something to be deeply embarrassed about. They might as well say nothing!

How Rude

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

8 hours ago, Beliall said:

How Rude

Better than saying nowt ...   imo ....    :)

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I do this but say w@nker instead. Seeing as its whispered they just assume i say thank you and nod in approval.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:37, Izzy said:

I went to the Crystal Palace v Man Utd replay in the early 90's. 3-3 draw in the first game, dull 1-0 United win in the replay.

Lived near Selhurst at the time and Palace had already announced that should there be a replay all tickets would go on general sale on Sunday morning.

Nearest I've got to seeing Leicester there.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

People who send multiple WhatsApp messages in a row instead of just one message, making your phone go off like 5 times in quick succession. Why are they so eager to send a message after every sentence? Calm down and wait till you finish what you have to say and then press send. 

3 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

People who send multiple WhatsApp messages in a row instead of just one message, making your phone go off like 5 times in quick succession. Why are they so eager to send a message after every sentence? Calm down and wait till you finish what you have to say and then press send. 

Ha!

9 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I don’t know if it’s a my wife’s family thing or a general Polish thing, but they literally send 2 word messages continuously! I know exactly who is texting my wife because her phone just beeps continuously. 

How

Are you

today

how

is the

family?