Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, stix said:

I don’t know if it’s a my wife’s family thing or a general Polish thing, but they literally send 2 word messages continuously! I know exactly who is texting my wife because her phone just beeps continuously. 

How

Are you

today

how

is the

family?

Maybe it's 'fat finger' syndrome?

On Whatsapp, the 'send' button is uncomfortably close to the top right of the keyboard, and I occasionally send a half-written message when trying to press the 'p' or 'o'.

Who actually has their phone on loud these days unless absolutely needed? Why? Just check it every few minutes and stop with your annoying DING or crappy notification. Would also solve the problem of multiple messages at once.

Old men who have the Radio Leicester goal horn or something that lasts longer than half a second, too, when they get a text. Don't even get me started on them using their favourite 70's tune as a ringtone. Good god it's so unnecessary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Who actually has their phone on loud these days unless absolutely needed? Why? Just check it every few minutes and stop with your annoying DING or crappy notification. Would also solve the problem of multiple messages at once.

Old men who have the Radio Leicester goal horn or something that lasts longer than half a second, too, when they get a text. Don't even get me started on them using their favourite 70's tune as a ringtone. Good god it's so unnecessary.

A guy at work does exactly this. What’s worse is, he leaves his phone at his bench, it can be going for 5 minutes at a time if he’s not about. Literally plays the whole song. 

CVNT

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I didn’t realise that would annoy people, thanks for that :thumbup:

• Haha 2

People who use the word rape to describe a heavy defeat in a football game. I understand that many think it's just a word and complaining about it is just being overly sensitive, but there are so many synonyms that make it just unnecessary and gross.

It also just reminds me of the eloquent David Haye talking up his chances pre boxing bout. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Grown adults pissing on a toilet seat in a ****ing place of work. As in the toilets in an office block. 

What are you playing at you ****ing animals. Jesus wept. 

See also grown adults who manage to spray shit in public toilets because they can't possibly bear to sit their precious arsecheeks on the actual thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Grown adults pissing on a toilet seat in a ****ing place of work. As in the toilets in an office block. 

Mate you should see the site toilets where I worked last week, horrendous. It’s completely unnecessary and totally deliberate.

On 17/05/2019 at 21:44, Footballwipe said:

Old men who have

lol Dilly ding Dilly Dong, We are in Champions league man, dilly ding dilly dong... went off at work this morning... mouths agape all round

People who talk on the phone on trains. Every single commute to work it seems like I have someone different blathering on at the top of their voice non-stop in whatever language. Wtf can they possibly be talking about for so long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We've got someone that on occasion leaves a shitty arse print on the seat.

There's a definite demographic that leaves bogs in a state

When you spend ages compiling a reply of such devastating wit that comparisons with the great Mr Wilde himself would not have been out of place, only to find that the post you were replying to was lost in the FT ether.

Consider yourself a lucky man, @Alf Bentley

• Haha 1

On 19/05/2019 at 17:03, Corky said:

Those completely realistic adverts with people watching their homes through a device asking potential burglars politely to leave the scene and they just turn around and go.

Yeah burglars are well known for sticking around when they know they are on camera and have been seen.  They especially live it when you tell them the police are on the way.

5 hours ago, Benguin said:

When people say to a particular person or branch of people “they need to educate themselves.”

It's bloody pompous, yeah (especially if the person then says it's "not their job" to do it too) but I'm curious as to if there's any other reason this bugs you?

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It's bloody pompous, yeah (especially if the person then says it's "not their job" to do it too) but I'm curious as to if there's any other reason this bugs you?

Often said when treating opinions as facts. 

But yeah pompous or arrogance is probably the main reason. I get the same feeling when people use the word perpetual but that seems to have been dropped now everyone’s favourite word is nuance, which isn’t that bad. 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2019 at 20:13, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The numpty that delivers the local village advertiser, and doesn't push it all the way through the letterbox, so that when I come home and open the front door it makes a scuff mark on the hallway wall.

And in winter it means there's been a draught in your house all day so it's fvcking freezing when you get home