Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

i re-downloaded my christmas playlist on november 1st and have been ringing people singing mariah carey down the phone most days since. christmas is the best time of year, why only enjoy it for a few days.

in november it's fu cking freezing, it's fu cking dark and it's fu cking shit. buy a tub of celebrations and watch love actually and cheer the fu ck up. 

• Like 2

When you order a special/house curry from the Chinese and there’s about one piece of chicken, pork and beef plus one prawn and the rest is just cheap ‘filler’ ingredients like carrots, peas, onion and mushrooms.

If I wanted a carrot, pea, onion and mushroom curry, I’d have ordered a vegetarian one.

Shite

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Companies that don't offer to reimburse your travel when coming for interviews. 

I didn't even know that was a thing tbh. 

(mind you, I haven't had an interview for as long as I can remember)

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I didn't even know that was a thing tbh. 

(mind you, I haven't had an interview for as long as I can remember)

The first few I went to all made a point of linking or sending a form to claim back any expenses spent getting to the interview. Whereas the last few haven't given the option.

Maybe it's a rare thing, and I'm complaining over nothing. Travel is expensive these days as well

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The first few I went to all made a point of linking or sending a form to claim back any expenses spent getting to the interview. Whereas the last few haven't given the option.

Maybe it's a rare thing, and I'm complaining over nothing. Travel is expensive these days as well

I'm guessing from your user name that you might be a graduate?

If so then fair enough, I can see why companies might reimburse your travel expenses but I guess they all have different recruitment policies.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Companies that don't offer to reimburse your travel when coming for interviews. 

You have a better chance becoming the king of Canada then getting a company to reimburse a non employee for interview travel expenses.

Might be a thing there but never heard of that here.

They would just say, do you want a job opportunity or not lol

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm guessing from your user name that you might be a graduate?

If so then fair enough, I can see why companies might reimburse your travel expenses but I guess they all have different recruitment policies.

Yeah yeah I graduated in the summer so looking for my first 'proper' job.

Maybe it's just common for students or recent graduates as most people I know had travel reimbursed for their interviews. 

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

You have a better chance becoming the king of Canada then getting a company to reimburse a non employee for interview travel expenses.

Might be a thing there but never heard of that here.

They would just say, do you want a job opportunity or not lol

I've had a fair few reimburse me, with them having offered to do so without asking, does that qualify me being the King of Canada?:D

from looks of it its not a common practise and maybe I just got 'lucky' with the first few companies I interviewed at (obviously not that lucky as I'm still job hunting lol)

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I've had a fair few reimburse me, with them having offered to do so without asking, does that qualify me being the King of Canada?:D

from looks of it its not a common practise and maybe I just got 'lucky' with the first few companies I interviewed at (obviously not that lucky as I'm still job hunting lol)

Looks like you've scored a sweet tax payer funded gig.

Now you just need to get old Queen Elizabeth to get you a yearly tax free salary close to her son Prince Andrew AND seal the deal with her sexually.

Israel Folau in the news again. Saying the bushfires were a 'little taste of God's judgement' in response to Australia passing same-sex and abortion laws. 

Also went on to say 'look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, all these things have come in a short period of time. You think it's a coincidence or not?' 

Totally brainwashed by his religion. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Israel Folau in the news again. Saying the bushfires were a 'little taste of God's judgement' in response to Australia passing same-sex and abortion laws. 

Also went on to say 'look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, all these things have come in a short period of time. You think it's a coincidence or not?' 

Totally brainwashed by his religion

Too easy an excuse for me, I don't quite like that. Makes me uncomfortable. 

I suppose you're partly correct in its what he's grown up with (his dad's a pastor) but the language implies he's some sort of poor vulnerable soul indoctrinated in to a cult. That he doesn't know what he's saying, that he's being manipulated by something bigger than himself. 

There's quite a few communities in the world who are low-key quite strongly homophobic and we don't really challenge it. It's like an open secret that it's a problem and we don't discuss it for fear or being considered prejudice to X or Y group. 

The devoutly Christian Pacific Islanders community is one such group that does have issues with homophobia and there were quiet rumblings of support of Izzy at first from some of his fellow Polynesian descended colleagues. Because, like Izzy, plenty of them have grown up in that way of thinking. 

But then pretty much all had the good sense to immediately row back and distance themselves from Izzy when it became apparent how much venom he was spouting. That's because its not just really about faith or community. It's more than that. Regardless what you believe, it takes a special breed of arsehole to consistently and persistently broadcast hate speech from your social media to countless followers. 

We live in an age where the Pope is railing against homophobia, where the COE has gay bishops as does the wider Anglican community and where Israel Folau threw away a multi million pound career because of his extreme hate. 

I do not buy this rubbish that it "comes from a place of love" and that he wants to "save" or "rescue" gay souls. He knows what he's doing, he knows what he's saying. The man's a cvnt of the highest order. 

• Like 1

The really confusing (and irritating) thing about folks who think the way Folau does is this: if they really believe that their god is ready and willing to mete out terrible deathly vengeance on an indiscriminate scale (followed by an eternity of damnation) simply because humanity didn't follow the "rules" that god set because free will...then what exactly makes such a clearly tyrannical and frankly petty and mean spirited image of a god worth paying homage to anyway?

When I've asked this in the past I usually get the "mysterious ways" line as a response...which seems to be a pretty generic coverall for some pretty malevolent behaviour from what is said to be an entirely benevolent entity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Totally brainwashed by his religion. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Too easy an excuse for me, I don't quite like that. Makes me uncomfortable. 

I suppose you're partly correct in its what he's grown up with (his dad's a pastor) but the language implies he's some sort of poor vulnerable soul indoctrinated in to a cult. That he doesn't know what he's saying, that he's being manipulated by something bigger than himself. 

There's quite a few communities in the world who are low-key quite strongly homophobic and we don't really challenge it. It's like an open secret that it's a problem and we don't discuss it for fear or being considered prejudice to X or Y group. 

The devoutly Christian Pacific Islanders community is one such group that does have issues with homophobia and there were quiet rumblings of support of Izzy at first from some of his fellow Polynesian descended colleagues. Because, like Izzy, plenty of them have grown up in that way of thinking. 

But then pretty much all had the good sense to immediately row back and distance themselves from Izzy when it became apparent how much venom he was spouting. That's because its not just really about faith or community. It's more than that. Regardless what you believe, it takes a special breed of arsehole to consistently and persistently broadcast hate speech from your social media to countless followers. 

We live in an age where the Pope is railing against homophobia, where the COE has gay bishops as does the wider Anglican community and where Israel Folau threw away a multi million pound career because of his extreme hate. 

I do not buy this rubbish that it "comes from a place of love" and that he wants to "save" or "rescue" gay souls. He knows what he's doing, he knows what he's saying. The man's a cvnt of the highest order. 

He is a religious lunatic... sadly our Prime Minister is a pentacostal luntic as well.   Country is fvcked filled by religious hatemongers

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Yeah yeah I graduated in the summer so looking for my first 'proper' job.

Maybe it's just common for students or recent graduates as most people I know had travel reimbursed for their interviews. 

We’ve got a number of different sites across the UK and if we ever send people to other sites for interviews (away from the Leeds office) we always pay travel....

Its not as common as you think though. A lot of companies just say “you want the job, you make sure you get to your interview”. 

We also go one better on our grad scheme as well, all of the graduates come from across the UK to Leeds for a month to do some training. We put them up in a hotel for the full month and give them an allowance for food/drink/entertainment (some of the receipts for entertainment were interesting from the latest cohort). It costs a ****ing fortune but we’re the only company I know who does this for grads in the local area so it’s a selling point at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Manini said:

We’ve got a number of different sites across the UK and if we ever send people to other sites for interviews (away from the Leeds office) we always pay travel....

Its not as common as you think though. A lot of companies just say “you want the job, you make sure you get to your interview”. 

We also go one better on our grad scheme as well, all of the graduates come from across the UK to Leeds for a month to do some training. We put them up in a hotel for the full month and give them an allowance for food/drink/entertainment (some of the receipts for entertainment were interesting from the latest cohort). It costs a ****ing fortune but we’re the only company I know who does this for grads in the local area so it’s a selling point at the end of the day. 

I know a lot of the time I come across as just another moaning student; but when you undoubtedly have several interviews travelling to them costs a fair bit, especially when this is for a first grad job. 

Great from your company however, that's great from them. Can imagine some "entertainment" was interesting lol

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I know a lot of the time I come across as just another moaning student; but when you undoubtedly have several interviews travelling to them costs a fair bit, especially when this is for a first grad job. 

Oh mate 100%, especially as a lot of grads won’t be tied to a particular area when they start looking for jobs. Where do companies expect you to get the money to travel from? Are they forgetting the eye watering debt you’ve amassed to get yourself to the point of getting a grad job in the first place? Total joke. If a company has a graduate “scheme” then they can afford to pay travel, trust me. 

• Like 2