Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

On  webchat with EE, trying to get a decent deal on a new phone and the guy is trying to tell me that the phone I want doesn't exist lol

I got a text from EE offering a deal for 100gb for £20.

So I rang up to get it. The guy on the phone said it didn't exist and he had no idea what I was talking about lol. So I sent him a screenshot of it and then he was like 'oh yeah, I can see it now on our system' lol

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I got a text from EE offering a deal for 100gb for £20.

So I rang up to get it. The guy on the phone said it didn't exist and he had no idea what I was talking about lol. So I sent him a screenshot of it and then he was like 'oh yeah, I can see it now on our system' lol

Yeah I sent the guy a link to the phone on the ee page. lol

I saw a decent new deal a carphone warehouse for S10 note plus, but you can't get it as an upgrade. So went too ee, to see what they could do, and he starts offering me s10 or the normal s10 note. That's when he said the plus didn't exist, so I sent him the link. When he couldn't match the deal, he starts waxing lyrical about the s10 and asking why I wouldn't want that lol Because I don't want that phone, i want the note plus, and I'm happy to stick with what i have until I can get it a decent price.

Receiving these Christmas cards grind my gears:-

1.  Ones that hinge horizontally and do the splits.

2.  Ones with glitter on them.

3.  Ones from New Zealand.

4.  Ones that keep coming every year from folk I met once 50 years ago.

5.  Ones that come every year with the same error in the address.

6.  Ones that arrive at the last minute and can't be replied to in time for the big day.

7.  Ones that are sent by email.

8.  Ones sent by businesses.

9.  Ones that are small and cheap.

10. Ones with robins on them.

11. Ones that include an A4 printed sheet of the sender's news from the last year.

12. Ones that don't include a £20 note.

13. Ones that include a gift token for a shop I never use.

14. Ones arriving in error that are meant for a similar address in elsewhere.

Perhaps I'm just an ungrateful b*st*rd!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, String fellow said:

6.  Ones that arrive at the last minute and can't be replied to in time for the big day.

11. Ones that include an A4 printed sheet of the sender's news from the last year.

Only disagree with number 10. Think he makes a fine Christmas card.

842028D0-D85C-4414-81E4-49D206FE0B4E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Boo hoo i have so many friends the cards they send annoy me  :claudio:

52 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

These f*****g divs that sit in their cars for ages with the engine running.

The other night at my lad's football training, there were 8 cars parked up with their engines running for the whole hour.

I can't get my head round it. This is metres from where their own children are running up and down getting out of breath, and they're sitting there giving them diesel fumes to breathe.

I don't think it's actually illegal to do this yet, but some councils seem to have the power to fine you for it, though seemingly not in Leicester

Maybe they just all like listening to the Foo Fighters :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The other night at my lad's football training, there were 8 cars parked up with their engines running for the whole hour.

I can't get my head round it. This is metres from where their own children are running up and down getting out of breath, and they're sitting there giving them diesel fumes to breathe.

I don't think it's actually illegal to do this yet, but some councils seem to have the power to fine you for it, though seemingly not in Leicester

Massively grinds my gears this. Should be made illegal.

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Massively grinds my gears this. Should be made illegal.

I imagine people keep the engine running so they can use the in-car heater to keep warm while waiting for their kids for an hour.

Not saying it's right, but that would be my guess...

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I imagine people keep the engine running so they can use the in-car heater to keep warm while waiting for their kids for an hour.

Doesn't that come from the battery rather than the engine? Isn't it also a big waste of petrol? Sorry you can probably tell I'm not a driver.

I do know they actually are close to outlawing this in London, even if you're only stopping for a minute, so I imagine it's not far off.

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm sure that's what they were doing.

It's not like we live in the Arctic Circle though is it? Put another jumper on something.

Doesn't it muck your engine up as well? The DPF won't be happy

• Like 1

Naturally there's some clown in an X-trail parked outside my house with the engine running for no reason.

He can't be that cold or presumably he'd shut his windows.

Ten minutes and counting

I’m almost certain the solution to this involves going outside and having a quiet word, not whinging about it on here! *

* Posts like this on Facebook groups every time someone complains about something.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I’m almost certain the solution to this involves going outside and having a quiet word, not whinging about it on here! *

* Posts like this on Facebook groups every time someone complains about something.

I was nude, so yes, probably should've done.

I'm not really a confrontational kind of bellend, but in the name of getting something positive done I'm contacting the football academy and the boy's school to get them to politely ask parents to have a think about whether this is a good idea or not.

Stuff like this is dealt with reasonably effectively by getting kids to guilt trip their parents, I find