Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

As there was no year 0 and a decade is 10 years, the first decade was year 1 and end at the end of year 10, thus the second decade started at the beginning of year 11.

This then follows on to the present day, with a decade ending at the end of any 0 year.

The earth and humanity was around before year 1 so we all are bastard wrong  therefore a decade ends in a "9" for me. Move along nothing to see here lol.

Edited by Jattdogg

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Cretinous scumbags listing items on eBay as 'New' when they're not.

'Lightly used' is not new.

In a similar sort of vein, Amazon (or eBay) marketplace sellers who list their products at way-below value to ensure they're the result that get picked up by price comparison sites, and then tack on a ridiculous amount of shipping so they're actually more expensive. Seems to have gotten even worse over the black friday period, too.

• Like 1

It's been mentioned a few times recently, but can't help but get annoyed with 'local' newspapers putting on irrevalant stories like below on its website.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-44-claims-found-britains-3600556

This is news from Mansfield, plus do any readers get really interested about a 'storyline' like this?

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's been mentioned a few times recently, but can't help but get annoyed with 'local' newspapers putting on irrevalant stories like below on its website.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-44-claims-found-britains-3600556

This is news from Mansfield, plus do any readers get really interested about a 'storyline' like this?

Should have been top story on the BBC 6 o'clock news imo.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Take it you didn't check the previous post lol 

He was too busy ordering a KFC, Korma (daring as ever), Five Guys, Burger King, Pizza Express, McDonalds, Wagamamas, Greek Salad (no carbs before Marbs for Finners) and Prawn Crackers from Deliveroo.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

LinkedIn. Everyone on it is presenting a totally fake picture of their own professional competence whilst simultaneously sniffing their own farts.

LinkedIn is turning into Facebook sadly.

It used to be a good platform for business but there's little new content on there these days and it's mainly just insecure people humble-bragging to make themselves feel better.

@StateOfLinkedIn is a good follow on Twitter in taking the piss out of some of these posts. There's also my new hero Mike Winnett on LinkedIn who takes the piss out of pods, influences and what he calls 'contrepreneurs'. He's getting a big following on there now and he's on a mission to expose all the bullshit.

Saying all that, I still get quite a few inquiries and referrals through LinkedIn so it can't be all bad :D

• Like 2

Lib Dem flyers being delivered every other day. "LABOUR CANNOT WIN HERE, ONLY WE CAN STOP BORIS" 

**** off, of course they can win if they get the votes, thats how an election works, if anything, Lib dems cant win here, since they lost the seat 3 elections ago and failed to regain it. Plus I dont trust the ****ers, if the Tories dont get a majority, we all know who they will pair up with

• Like 1

People who come screaming up behind you in any lane of a motorway/dual carriageway flashing at you to get out the way. **** off you ain’t the po po.

now I’m sure some may say it could be a matter of life or death etc but I am not to know this so don’t endanger fellow road users by driving like a see you next Tuesday

• Like 1